collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Pullips made me do it!  (Read 29426 times)

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
Re: The Pullips made me do it!
« Reply #330 on: May 20, 2013, 01:47:33 PM »
Rhini, that's both super frustrating and super awesome XD I do not understand sellers who ship so carelessly! What even :doh: But at least they refunded you, that's fantastic  :biggrin: I hope all the marks come off!
I know right!!! Lol I'm sure magic eraser will take them off in a jiff since its a paint mark, not a scratch or a stain.

Try as I might, I can not resist the Pullips! I'm searching for my first Pullip now. I have a Dal (Dalcomi) and a Buyl (Tiger Lily) and they need a big sister to keep them in line! I really like this one:
http://pullipstyle.com/pullipstyle/product_info.php?cPath=21_83&products_id=863

Does anyone have her?

My FAVORITE  :inlove: :heart: She was my second girl, nothing can compare to her sweet face!

I only have this one right now because flickr wanted me to go pro and I didnt so it's hiding all my old photos *grumble* but here she is!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Post Merge: May 21, 2013, 09:59:56 AM

And lawl literally hours after I posted that Flickr changed their policy. Here's Yona!

Small Friends by Rysika, on Flickr

Yona and her Pup by Rysika, on Flickr
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 09:59:57 AM by Rhini »

Offline Rhini

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 24, 2013, 11:04:51 AM »
THEY'RE GETTING A RELEASE!! I CAN DIE HAPPY NOW!! :faint:

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 24, 2013, 12:41:14 PM »
THEY ARE SO GORGEOUS :freak:

And WEREWOLF TAE!

(There's a bunch more pics of him on the blog http://groove.ws/news.groove.ws/?p=23029) He is CRAZY expensive (I shouldn't have done the yen -> $ conversion lol) but I am full of want. He'd be so great with my Bloody Red Hood!! Onto the wishlist he goes and will likely remain until I am rich :lol:

I'm also loving the J-Doll Provence's outfit! She is lovely :heart:

I hope the rest of the Cinderella series will be released next month. I have NEED for Stepsister Dal that is not going away. :nod:

:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline M!ndy

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 04, 2013, 10:43:54 AM »
How did I miss all of this coming release stuff?!  :dropjaw: So much awesome!

Thanks Zombelina... I am now totally picturing Werewolf Tae with BRH (a girl I have so far resisted..) and desperately wanting to see them on my shelf with my darling Rot Chan  :throw:
I throw fakies with love :heart:

I actually went to the effort to find this thread again simply to say wholeheartedly that the Pullips (and co) have now made me spend big on fabrics! How could I not when they're begging me for personalised, handmade outfits?! - albeit totally WHITE, personalised, handmade outfits because staining is not cool. NOT cool. I'm digging the personal monochrome challenge though.

They may or may not have also convinced me that they needed a little bjd fairy companion.. Bless Denver Doll and their wonderful layby system  :blush:

I fear the sentiment of "The Pullips made me do it!" will never end :shocked:

*prods Rhini* How did Miss Lunatic Queen clean up? May I request some spam of her just because I adore her but haven't (*sigh* yet..  -_-) been convinced that I need her?  ^.^

:fox:

Offline Rhini

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 04, 2013, 11:18:36 AM »
Omg M!ndy you're not the only one, all of a sudden I have fabric coming out of every nook and cranny....and have yet to actually make anything with it XD I love BRH and I'm sorely tempted by Rot chan...I do think that BRH look a lot better re-chipped and re-wigged though.

No! bad M!ndy! :throw: Not BJDs too! XD I so far have avoided that bug with the exception of our Ai order.

*prods back and adds a tackle* :P I'll try, this next month is insane though, I have a bunch of side projects and still have 200 odd ponies to prep for the fair as well as all the art stuff ill be offering x__x I took some really darling pictures of my Nina that i haven't had a chance to go through yet either ><

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 04, 2013, 11:44:54 AM »
CANARY DAL OMGOMGOMG. I was losing interest in these dolls, but man, look at her. She would be a great display and picture doll omg

elonni

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #336 on: June 05, 2013, 05:28:46 AM »
Werewolf Taeyang looks awesome! Will have to consider him definitely (along with Pullip Wilhemina). My Pullip addiction doesn't stop. :)

Offline Rhini

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 05, 2013, 07:11:44 AM »
Omg...I got Yeolume yesterday and after some immediate modifications (re-bodied, re-chipped, re-wigged and slight makeup touchups) she is freakin GORGEOUS!! She looks the way I'd always imagined her to look, she is seriously so beautiful. I can't wait to take some pictures!!  :biggrin:

Offline M!ndy

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 05, 2013, 08:10:55 AM »
Yay Rhini! Yeolume is sooo cute isn't she?! Yes - pictures! :D
I'm yet to find the perfect wig for my girl and am lacking bodies so right now she's a re-chipped floating bald head lol

Bahaha - I'm not totally bitten by BJD bug (luckily!) but I just HAD to add RealPuki Soso to the family. I couldn't resist that cheeky little grin :blush: Now I just have to pay her off..
My Ai (squeeeee!) should be here long before Soso, so technically will be my first BJD! ...do they count? :wonder:

Half the reason I came to post here about my fabric shopping spree is so I feel motivated to actually create something with this mountain of supplies since I'm REALLY terrible at following through with my own projects.. Unfortunately it's easier to waste time drooling over Pullips I shall never own >_<

Today I FINALLY re-bodied, re-wigged and re-chipped my Ddalgi (My Select) and OMG! :inlove: She's currently rocking Rche's stock and looking absolutely adorable. I shall have to get some pics of her  ^.^
I'll never get tired of the amazing feeling when an altered Pullip comes together even better than planned :heart:

Offline xkelpiex

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 05, 2013, 08:27:11 AM »
Yeah, I was bitten by the BJD bug and that's why my other dollies have taken a seat on the back burner. Maybe it's because I keep all my girls in stock that I'm getting bored? When I get some cashflow, I'm going to look into getting some new clothes for them, maybe, and see how that goes. Tiger would look lovely in a little lolita dress!
Edit: Dear Gosh, are there any clothes that fit Dal? Even on etsy it's all Blythe clothes with a Dal label in the title, but I know Blythe is too big! Also, there is someone selling cute MH rompers and saying they fit Dal. Do MH clothes fit Dal?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 08:43:13 AM by xkelpiex »

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 05, 2013, 08:46:09 AM »
That was my problem too.  I've had.. probably 8 Pullips, and keep selling them off, then regretting it and rebuying.  I have 1 now that's customized, and I like her now.  I just don't like how her head is just so heavy. She hates sitting!

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Offline Rhini

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 05, 2013, 08:54:38 AM »
Kelpie-Yes they should actually  :) all my pullips wear bratz jeans, which fit MH as well, so i'd imagine the reverse is true.

I loooove pukifees! I am trying so hard not to give in. Hopefully I can make my Ai look really cute (they should be here Thursday squee!) but every attempt i've made at face ups so far has been nothing short of disastrous >> soooo we'll see...

ugh don't even get me STARTED on not following through on projects. I must have 5 million projects that I have the supplies for and I never followed through on  >_< I've had some depression issues in the past that leave me really lackluster and unmotived to do anything but stare at the wall so it's always been hard for me to get things done. If it's something I can get done in one sitting I have a lot better chance of finishing it than if it's something I'm forced to come back to. I find that once that initial excitement is gone it's like impossible to take up the project again.  :huh:

I do so love it when everything comes together  ^.^ I feel that way about Yeolume for sure. My one big challenge right now is time. The stupid pony fair keeps creeping closer and I have an absolute mountain of stuff to do still.  :freak:

Offline M!ndy

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 05, 2013, 09:32:27 AM »
Kelpie, I think you'll be amazed at how much even redressing a Pullip (or anyone else of the Pullip family..) can really change their overall feel :) I say go for it! Bratz clothes are actually the best fit for Dal, some MH items will fit because of that. Disney VIP outfits are also perfect for Dal.

Aww Rhini :hug: Depression is a huge contributing factor to my lack of motivation too so I feel your pain. When I'm feeling creatively uninspired, my mood takes a massive hit and I know the feeling of staring at the wall all too well.. So I covered it with glittery paper  ^.^
I'll be tempted to alter my Ai's face up slightly.. I'll definitely be replacing her eyes. I can't wait! :biggrin:

Skyrocketneko - sometimes I think the stock bodies cause a lot of the imbalance. Mine are all on Obitsus for that reason. The size of their heads definitely takes a bit of balancing even then.
I think for me, the alterations I make to my girls (and guys) is all part of the "bonding". So far I only have 1 (possibly 2 :huh:) girls that I just can't seem to love despite altering.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 05, 2013, 09:39:13 AM »
THEY ARE SO GORGEOUS :freak:

And WEREWOLF TAE!

(There's a bunch more pics of him on the blog http://groove.ws/news.groove.ws/?p=23029) He is CRAZY expensive (I shouldn't have done the yen -> $ conversion lol) but I am full of want. He'd be so great with my Bloody Red Hood!! Onto the wishlist he goes and will likely remain until I am rich :lol:

I'm also loving the J-Doll Provence's outfit! She is lovely :heart:

I hope the rest of the Cinderella series will be released next month. I have NEED for Stepsister Dal that is not going away. :nod:
Wow, so cute!

Offline xkelpiex

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 05, 2013, 02:22:32 PM »
Augh, don't get me started on depression ;.; I lost close to ten years of artistry because of it. I am only starting to pick up where I left off now since my mid teens. Ponies and dollies have inspired me to start drawing and writing again, though, I just need to find some concentration to sit down and get stuff done!

Ooh, I wonder if, because Bratz clothes fit, if the Bratzillaz fashion packs would? They're gorgeous! Tink would look so sassy in one of those outfits. And now looking at etsy, there are jumpers Tiger would be so precious in. I have to wait til August to buy anything, though ;.; but, now I'm a little more excited. I always thought I would stick to stock only, but...you guys are enablers, haha!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal