collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

(old poll- can't figure out how to delete

July 27, 2013
0 (0%)
August 10, 2013
0 (0%)
August 24, 2013
0 (0%)
ANY of those dates works for me!
0 (0%)
I really want to go- but none of these dates work- I will suggest another date below!
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 26, 2013, 09:53:44 AM

Author Topic: NW Pony Party planning thread  (Read 22847 times)

Offline Katgyrl

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Just a pony and her sewing machine...
    • View Profile
Re: NW Pony Party - August 10th
« Reply #285 on: July 19, 2013, 05:44:07 PM »
The bit about the husband: ain't that the truth! XD I told my husband that I was going to a pony-meetup (so yes, I'm definitely coming), and all he said was, "you're going to sell those extra ponies, right? And not buy anymore while you're there, right?" Suuuuure sweetie. ;)

BAHAHA! That is totally what my husband says too! We should start an Unsupportive Husband support group. :P Seriously though, whenever he really starts to get on me about how dorky ponies are I like to point out his dorky interests like superhero comics and the HOURS he spent playing street fighter and final fantasy and that usually quiets him down for a bit.  ;)

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 19, 2013, 05:55:42 PM »
I'm so happy I have a really supportive husband <3

momo_no_hime

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #287 on: July 19, 2013, 07:03:46 PM »
The bit about the husband: ain't that the truth! XD I told my husband that I was going to a pony-meetup (so yes, I'm definitely coming), and all he said was, "you're going to sell those extra ponies, right? And not buy anymore while you're there, right?" Suuuuure sweetie. ;)

BAHAHA! That is totally what my husband says too! We should start an Unsupportive Husband support group. :P Seriously though, whenever he really starts to get on me about how dorky ponies are I like to point out his dorky interests like superhero comics and the HOURS he spent playing street fighter and final fantasy and that usually quiets him down for a bit.  ;)

I always point out to my husband that he has a more than decent sized collection of Star Wars stuff. ;)

hannaliten, I would totally be interested in buying a rehairing tool! :D

Offline hannaliten

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 19, 2013, 07:20:43 PM »
hannaliten, I would totally be interested in buying a rehairing tool! :D

Ok, I'll see if I can find it in my mess here :D

Offline PaintedHooves

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • Dayna's Custom Ponies
« Reply #289 on: July 19, 2013, 09:44:27 PM »
I'm hoping I'll be able to come this year :(  This pregnancy is whooping my butt so we'll see.  I might come but not be able to bring quite as much pony stuff as I would like.  I'll have to see if I can get at least a custom done for the party though :)

I also like the idea of a winter meet, but again I don't know if I'd be able to come with a brand new baby in the house this year.  Maybe though, because I'll imagine I'll need a day for myself by then!  :blush:

I don't know about that individual Hop Jacks, but I've eaten at one before and its fantastic.  The onion rings are some of the best I've had and their lemon drop is to die for.  It can be a little pricey though.

Sorry your pregnancy is kicking your butt :( Yes, even if you just come for a couple of hours we'd love to see you! I was just wondering yesterday if you'd be there :) And yes, you will need a break ;) My baby sister (she's 24, not really a baby ;) ) just had her first and she is having major problems with wanting to get out of the house. Luckily she lives not too far from me :) When are you due? Do you know if you are expecting a boy or girl?

Do you guys even have like a Shari's or something chain-ish? It doesn't have to be fancy, just somewhere to sit and eat and chat.

Thanks Salli!  It's mostly my hips.  I have issues walking and driving (my car is a manual) so I'm pretty much stuck at home all the time.  I'm due on November 4th with a little boy, but he's growing a week ahead of schedule so we'll see when he decides to join us :)  If we do have a winter meet I'll just have to make sure to pump a bit so dad can feed him while I'm out :P

Offline Katgyrl

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 20, 2013, 09:06:53 AM »
Sorry to hear your hips are hurting, painted hooves! My last pregnancy I was the same way, by the end I was in SO much pain I was relieved my baby came two weeks early! Have you tries massage therapy and physical therapy? Those both really help for me, and insurances usually cover a certain number of both, or at least physical therapy.

Do we want to bring our white elephant baits wrapped? I think I will bring a zuccini dish to the meet, my zuccinis and summer squashes are growing out my ears!

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 20, 2013, 10:27:12 AM »
I think we should have them wrapped for sure :D That way you have no idea what you are getting ;)

Also, I think we should do the relay race next meet. We already have a coloring contest planned and the white elephant on top of wheeling and dealing and our custom contest. What do you guys think?

Also, I got a bit carried away with my customizing basket gift for newbies XD

Offline PaintedHooves

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • Dayna's Custom Ponies
« Reply #292 on: July 20, 2013, 05:16:26 PM »
I see my doctor on Wednesday so I'm going to talk to him about physical therapy for it, but I know my insurance (tricare) won't cover massage therapy.  I'm going to check into some prenatal yoga as well, I've heard it helps wonders.

On another note, the hubs and I are in a bit of a money bind right now (when it rains it pours around here huh?) and because I can't work I'm trying to figure out anything to do to relieve the strain.  I still have Frilly in all her giant stuffed glory looking just as pretty as last year's party.  Would anyone be interested in giving her a new home? As much as I love her, I need to worry about other things first.  I'm not looking to make any money on her, just looking to make back what I spent.  Thanks for the consideration ladies.

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 21, 2013, 12:44:56 PM »
I hope it works out for you, PaintedHooves you have quite a while to go! Do you know if it's a boy or girl?

Just bumping this because it was in the middle of page 2 ;) Oh! Katgyrl, do you make clothes for FS ponies?

sarafina

« Reply #294 on: July 21, 2013, 01:47:59 PM »
Serafina, I will be seriously bummed if you can't come :( Can you get away for a couple of hours? :)

You are so sweet. :)  I'll be really sad to miss the party, and I hadn't realized I'd have family visiting when we voted on dates...I imagine that I'll probably end up missing this one, but I hope that you'll all take lots of pictures!

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 21, 2013, 03:21:38 PM »
Serafina, I will be seriously bummed if you can't come :( Can you get away for a couple of hours? :)

You are so sweet. :)  I'll be really sad to miss the party, and I hadn't realized I'd have family visiting when we voted on dates...I imagine that I'll probably end up missing this one, but I hope that you'll all take lots of pictures!

Okay, but you better come to the next one! ;)

Offline Katgyrl

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 21, 2013, 08:13:31 PM »
@Salli, yes, I could make ponywear for FS ponies, however I'm super behind on the requests I've gotten, so it may take a while to get to it. I could help you figure out a pattern at the meet if you want, since I know you do some sewing!

Offline hannaliten

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 21, 2013, 08:16:02 PM »
if anyone is bringing hair to sell, I'm always looking for whites :D

MyLittleLambie

« Reply #298 on: July 21, 2013, 10:24:08 PM »
I'm planning on coming too!!  But, my friend is hosting 2 kids for the summer, and I'm her babysitter when she has to work on the weekends, so I hope she does not need to work on the 10th!

Anyway, I am looking for baity pink and white G1 babies (would love teeny tinies).  Oh, and I need hair too.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 22, 2013, 08:37:13 AM »
Oh I hope you can come Joyce !!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal