collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

(old poll- can't figure out how to delete

July 27, 2013
0 (0%)
August 10, 2013
0 (0%)
August 24, 2013
0 (0%)
ANY of those dates works for me!
0 (0%)
I really want to go- but none of these dates work- I will suggest another date below!
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 26, 2013, 09:53:44 AM

Author Topic: NW Pony Party planning thread  (Read 22852 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: NW Pony Party - August 10th
« Reply #270 on: July 16, 2013, 04:18:41 PM »
Oops! I missed the part about the relay race! That does sound fun- although I am such a slow re-rooter... maybe it would have to be without rooting?  I'll add it to the potential activities - we can figure it out! :biggrin: 
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 04:21:51 PM by Galactica »

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 17, 2013, 10:04:11 AM »
I just thought of rerooting the tail, I'm fairly fast at that. Or we could have someone reroot like 4 plugs or something. Also, each team would pick who they wanted to do which event. :)

I think the white elephant thing would be fun too. Next year we should have a contest for customs made out of those white elephant baits.

That would be awesome! We do that at my sister's annual Ugly Christmas Sweater party, but not with ponies. I got a nearly-used-up bottle of chapstick one year and turned it into a mini emergency sewing kit. That kit saved me several times!

Serafina, I will be seriously bummed if you can't come :( Can you get away for a couple of hours? :)

Galactica, you are awesome, I logged in here to see the main page all updated and I am so excited!

So, everyone bring a wrapped bait pony you don't love (should we keep it Hasbro ponies only?).. We need to decide how many stations we'll need for our relay. 4? 5?

I am also thinking that 4pm is too early for the fun to end XD anyone want to go out to eat afterwards or something? Where is a good place to eat in Maple Valley?

« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 10:25:52 AM by Salli »

Offline Katgyrl

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Just a pony and her sewing machine...
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 17, 2013, 01:34:14 PM »
I love the idea of getting something to eat afterwards. Hanna, you probably know that area best, anything close by that is decent?

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 17, 2013, 02:42:52 PM »
There's hop jacks that's supposed to be ok. Let me think

Offline PaintedHooves

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • Dayna's Custom Ponies
« Reply #274 on: July 17, 2013, 11:17:37 PM »
I'm hoping I'll be able to come this year :(  This pregnancy is whooping my butt so we'll see.  I might come but not be able to bring quite as much pony stuff as I would like.  I'll have to see if I can get at least a custom done for the party though :)

I also like the idea of a winter meet, but again I don't know if I'd be able to come with a brand new baby in the house this year.  Maybe though, because I'll imagine I'll need a day for myself by then!  :blush:

I don't know about that individual Hop Jacks, but I've eaten at one before and its fantastic.  The onion rings are some of the best I've had and their lemon drop is to die for.  It can be a little pricey though.

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 18, 2013, 09:31:57 AM »
I'm hoping I'll be able to come this year :(  This pregnancy is whooping my butt so we'll see.  I might come but not be able to bring quite as much pony stuff as I would like.  I'll have to see if I can get at least a custom done for the party though :)

I also like the idea of a winter meet, but again I don't know if I'd be able to come with a brand new baby in the house this year.  Maybe though, because I'll imagine I'll need a day for myself by then!  :blush:

I don't know about that individual Hop Jacks, but I've eaten at one before and its fantastic.  The onion rings are some of the best I've had and their lemon drop is to die for.  It can be a little pricey though.

Sorry your pregnancy is kicking your butt :( Yes, even if you just come for a couple of hours we'd love to see you! I was just wondering yesterday if you'd be there :) And yes, you will need a break ;) My baby sister (she's 24, not really a baby ;) ) just had her first and she is having major problems with wanting to get out of the house. Luckily she lives not too far from me :) When are you due? Do you know if you are expecting a boy or girl?

Do you guys even have like a Shari's or something chain-ish? It doesn't have to be fancy, just somewhere to sit and eat and chat.

Offline Katgyrl

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 18, 2013, 10:11:33 AM »
According to Bing maps there are several places to eat just a few minutes away from the library on Maple Valley Black Diamond road. Like Taco Bell and a pizzeria and a Mexican place and a teriyaki place and several others.

Link to Bing map

I bet we'd be able to find something to eat.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 10:13:14 AM by Katgyrl »

Offline hannaliten

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 18, 2013, 10:14:54 AM »
Omg, La Fogata Mexican restaurant is the best!

Honey Buzz Oregon

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #278 on: July 18, 2013, 11:37:28 AM »
Salli : I think that would be FABULOUS  :biggrin:  Cards4Me actually lives 3 houses down from me & we met on here. LOL So, we could include her also

Offline Ligress

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart! (art is not updated but I am active to respond there!)
« Reply #279 on: July 18, 2013, 01:05:40 PM »
I wish I could get up to washington but it's unlikely... I am very interested if you guys do a meetup in Oregon in the winter though!
~ Have facebook? Selling or buying a custom pony, vintage toys  or pony extras?~
* MLP Extras for sale **http://www.facebook.com/groups/CUSTOMPONIES Vintage Toys BUY SELL TRADE *
Avatar Icon by L Correia My Ponysona Ligress

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 18, 2013, 01:11:04 PM »
Omg, La Fogata Mexican restaurant is the best!

:blink: You had me at Mexican......

anyone not like Mexican?

Sounds like we are getting some more Oregonians :D here on the Arena. We'll definitely do something :)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 18, 2013, 01:18:28 PM »
Anything is fine with me- I love Mexican!

I would definitely be interested in an Oregon Meet! Especially if it were near Portland or Astoria (where I can stay with friends, hehe)

Post Merge: July 18, 2013, 04:41:19 PM

Okay! SO I added a bunch of stuff to my sales thread and slashed prices- 

Here's a list of what I'm bringing to the meet!  I will be updating it as I dig up more ponies, lol 
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,330294.msg763588.html#msg763588
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 04:41:19 PM by Galactica »

Offline Katgyrl

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 18, 2013, 11:40:18 PM »
I love Mexican!

I possibly would be able to go down to Oregon for a meet. I'd have to make it a one-dayer since I have little ones and I'm trying not to give my hubby more reasons than necessary to be annoyed with my pony collecting. ;)

momo_no_hime

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #283 on: July 19, 2013, 05:17:02 PM »
I love Mexican!

I possibly would be able to go down to Oregon for a meet. I'd have to make it a one-dayer since I have little ones and I'm trying not to give my hubby more reasons than necessary to be annoyed with my pony collecting. ;)

The bit about the husband: ain't that the truth! XD I told my husband that I was going to a pony-meetup (so yes, I'm definitely coming), and all he said was, "you're going to sell those extra ponies, right? And not buy anymore while you're there, right?" Suuuuure sweetie. ;)

Since I know we were talking about having a potluck lunch, I could donate some plastic utensils and paper plates/bowls! I have a bunch. And if I bring a bait and some hair, would someone want to teach me how to rehair?! :D

Offline hannaliten

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 19, 2013, 05:19:35 PM »
I love Mexican!

The bit about the husband: ain't that the truth! XD I told my husband that I was going to a pony-meetup (so yes, I'm definitely coming), and all he said was, "you're going to sell those extra ponies, right? And not buy anymore while you're there, right?" Suuuuure sweetie. ;)

Since I know we were talking about having a potluck lunch, I could donate some plastic utensils and paper plates/bowls! I have a bunch. And if I bring a bait and some hair, would someone want to teach me how to rehair?! :D

I'd be happy to teach anyone how to hair with a tool. I think I even have an extra tool if anyone wants to buy one.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal