collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MIB Lily Blossom G4 Dilema...  (Read 732 times)

Artsy Craftsy

• Trade Count: (0)
MIB Lily Blossom G4 Dilema...
« on: October 31, 2012, 06:49:33 AM »
So I bought a G4 Lily Blossom well over a year ago with the intention of turning her into :muffin: Pony for my fiancé as his groom's gift because I don't know how to rehair... I just read today somewhere on the forums here that she's actually really rare now and I'd feel rather bad if I totally modded her out :\ advice?

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: MIB Lily Blossom G4 Dilema...
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 06:58:03 AM »
Don't debox or customize her.  Yes, she has become rare.  Use a more common pony for a custom, especially if you are not an experienced customiser.  You don't want to make a mistake and ruin a Lily Blossom!

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 07:01:02 AM »
I'd say she's not worth more that $15 mib , so i say decide if the custom you want to make is more valuable than that.

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 07:33:19 AM »
She is very rare!! Don't customize her!

you can sell her here and get a bait!

Artsy Craftsy

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 07:36:53 AM »
My only problem is that I don't know how to rehair :\ That's why I bought her in the first place lol  I do have an extra RD I could use to make :muffin: Pony instead I guess...

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 07:48:50 AM »
Lily Blossom is rather HTF so if you are asking our opinion, I would say to sell or trade her, NOT customize her.  There are several people here who can rehair ponies - why not buy a Miss Grey Bubblebutt custom from one of them?
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Artsy Craftsy

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 07:52:42 AM »
Lily Blossom is rather HTF so if you are asking our opinion, I would say to sell or trade her, NOT customize her.  There are several people here who can rehair ponies - why not buy a Miss Grey Bubblebutt custom from one of them?

Yeah, but I really wanted to make my own :\ I know there are so many talented artists out there (and I wanted to try my hand at making a custom! I did got to school for art after all :P) I've just never done modding ever before >.> I thought starting with a pony that already had yellow hair would be a good start

Evening_Moonstone

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 07:53:56 AM »
You could always trade her to someone in exchange for a custom :muffin: Pony?  Unless you specifically wanted to make the custom yourself.

I have not worked with G4s yet, but I've done some rehairing on G1s and it's not as scary as you might think!  I bought a tool from Dollyhair and followed their tutorial, and it's a whole lot easier than it looks.  It is probably best to reroot one anyway, since you'd have to paint her body to gray, and then you run the risk of getting paint in the yellow hair.  I would get a Rainbow Dash (they are everywhere), remove her hair, give her a nice paint job, and see about rehairing her yourself.  Here's the tutorial and supplies I use:
http://dollyhair.com/reroottool.htm

There is also the molded-hair :muffin: Pony you might be able to find at Hot Topic if he just loves the character, not necessarily a brushy one.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 08:09:58 AM »
I would not do anything to her. I paid almost $20.00 for mine. She is harder to find and will be even more as times goes on.

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2012, 08:32:47 AM »
I customized mine back when our walmart shelves were covered up in Lily Blossoms.  One one hand, rare pony, on the other? This is a grooms gift that he's going to cherish way more than if you'd left her as Lily.  If you have more time to play around, definitely check out some tutorials on rehairing, it's easier than you think.  I started with a fakie and dollar tree headband hair just to see if I could do it.

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2012, 08:43:28 AM »
^ that's a great idea.  do a trial run with a fakie.

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2012, 08:53:34 AM »
I'd say use a Rainbow Dash as the base for your custom. Just paint some gray over her; you probably won't need too many coats of paint since the colors aren't terribly different.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2012, 09:29:15 AM »
I wouldn't feel too bad, if you want to custom or trade her. To be honest I'm in the middle of customing two ponies that people would give me the finger shake for customing because they were ponies WITH bangs and I regret nothing because I had started customing them when there were plenty banged ponies on the shelves :)
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2012, 11:32:18 AM »
I wouldn't, but I'm biased.  She's the only US release pony that I still haven't been able to get.  Rehairing really isn't that hard.  Maybe you could use this as an opportunity to learn how to do it.  Maybe even keep her, and you could use her as a back-up if you don't like how the re-hairing turns out.

If you want to, I would even trade you a re-haired rainbow dash, and some G4 bait for her, and you can do all the rest yourself.  I think I have the hair colour (or colours, if you want it striped like the Comic Con pony).

Ultimately, it's up to you though.  It's your pony =)

Artsy Craftsy

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2012, 12:44:04 PM »
Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I think I might just try to do everything from a modded RD :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal