collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Advice please - feeling like a buyer is trying to bully me  (Read 771 times)

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Advice please - feeling like a buyer is trying to bully me
« on: October 27, 2012, 02:53:07 PM »
First of all - this is non-pony related.   :cool:

About a month ago I sold a lot on ebay for rewards codes (diaper rewards - never log them in, and they always sell decently on ebay).  I've done this many times before and never had a buyer complain or have a problem logging in a code.

So I had two different lots up, one for huggies and one for pampers.  A lady purchased both of the auctions, paid promptly, and then came back saying that one of each of the codes didn't work.  *sigh*  So I always keep an extra code on hand for my auctions just in case something would go wrong, but I don't trust that two of my codes were bad.  Sadly, I have no way to prove it and just had to give her two extra codes.  (I swallowed this somewhat sourly, I don't particularly trust this lady).  Anyway, I had a pampers code on hand - so I logged that over to her.  It took me a couple of days to get to a huggies code, but I did get that over to her as well.  But before I got that two her, she left me positive feedback for the pampers code, but opened an item not received suit against me for the huggies code (when I had even kept communication up with her to let her know I was looking for one)  :blink: 

So - got the codes over to her and left it at that.  She promptly left me positive feedback for the remaining auction and sent me a pm reminding me that I needed to leave her feedback!   :shocked:  Honestly I needed to cool down before I left feedback for her.  So I gave it about a week (I still have plenty by ebay's standards to leave it anyway).  Well, I logged into my ebay account today to leave feedback for all my auctions (I like to do it at one time so I don't have to get on all the time), and she left me another message reminding me to leave her feedback!!!  I just about lost it.  I did send her a message saying that I didn't appreciate her message and I didn't feel at the time like this was a positive transaction.  (probably shouldn't have sent that though...stupid hormones  :blush: )

Anyway - question time.

She's already left me positive feedback, so is there any way she can come back at me and retaliate if I rate this a negative feedback?  Also, as a seller how much protection do we have from shady buyers?  I really do feel that at least one of the code she claimed didn't work was good, but I've got no way to prove it.  And should I mention in my feedback that I gave her extra codes?

What would you do?  Am I being over sensitive???
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
Re: Advice please - feeling like a buyer is trying to bully me
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 05:00:25 PM »
It sounds like that lady is being a bit pushy. :huh:

I don't think she can change her feedback, only have it completely removed. I'm not sure if it would be worth the stress on yourself to leave her bad feedback (or positive with a negative comment, since buyers can no longer receive neutral or negative), in the event that she may further harass you via ebay messaging. Sorry, I'm not much help here.:hug:

I was not aware that people bought & sold those codes on eBay. I know that when I had a code that didn't work, I called Pamper's customer service & they manually added the points to my account. If you buyer is already giving you a hard time, it may not help to suggest they do some leg work on their own... but it IS an option.

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 07:12:20 PM »
yeah, I think you're ok as far as feedback is concerned.  Just leave it for her and be done with it.  It's not like you can leave her negative anyway.

It reminds me of a weird transaction I had once.  I was the buyer and I bought something, and I wasn't really happy with the transaction, but the item was ok, so I thought I just wont leave you any feedback because you don't deserve it.  Then they kept sending me email after email demanding I leave them some.  So I left negative.  What was funny was I wasn't the only one that did it.  Ahhh good times.

Anyways... I hope they leave you alone soon. 

Offline Brandi

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 01:38:48 PM »
I wouldn't leave her any feedback at all since you can't leave negative or neutral and she's harassing you for it. I usually just don't leave feedback at all if I'm not happy with a transaction on ebay since sellers can only leave positives for buyers. I know that there is also a way for you to block her messages once you are done with these transactions but I haven't had to do it in so long that I forgot how.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 01:41:23 PM by Brandi »

Moondust ,Cremello Quarter Horse = Equine love of my life

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 04:24:03 PM »
you could always leave feedback along the lines of 'transaction took some work, *buyer* was happy in the end!'

there's nothing negative about it, but people can probably tell you weren't pleased with the transaction all that much.
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 07:35:31 PM »
Pushy buyers can be such a pain! at least she left you positives and I'm pretty sure she cant do anything to change those now though  ;)  You cant leave bad feedback for her since ebay no longer allow sellers to leave neg or neutral for buyers *sigh*, and also if you left her a bad feedback comment under a positive, ebay will remove it .   You could prolly get away with what Lunar Scythe suggested, or just ignore further messages from this buyer and dont bother to leave any feedback for her

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal