collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What's YOUR "Pony Canon"?  (Read 2223 times)

Offline Mysticolt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Big Brother Pony
  • Ponyholic
    • View Profile
What's YOUR "Pony Canon"?
« on: October 27, 2012, 02:30:52 PM »
When you think of MLP, do you envision the ponies living in Dream Castle in Dream Valley, Ponyland?

Is Majesty their queen or are they governed by Princess Celestia in Equestria?

Were you introduced to the ponies through comic books or cartoons?

Or did you come up with your own canon for your pony collections?

He who dies with the most Ponies wins!

My Custom Ponies on Deviantart :
http://renzoknight.deviantart.com/gallery/44346066

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What's YOUR "Pony Canon"?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 03:18:10 PM »
Aw yeah, here we go:

G1:  Ponies live in Dream Valley with Majesty as their benevolent queen (because not all queens are evil and not all princesses are good).  Majesty raises a baby dragon named Spike who later becomes her advisor.

I haven't made up much of a head-canon for G1 yet; all I've really decided is that Tootsie is often bullied for the color of her coat, fact that she wears glasses, and because she has a speech impediment.  But she's got friends defending her and bringing her out of her misery.

G2:  My biggest head-canon so far.  Sky Skimmer and Jolly are sisters and their mother is Bride.  Bride is a wedding planner who works with her best friend and the owner of the wedding chapel, Dainty Dove.  Dainty Dove is also Sky Skimmer and Jolly's godmother.

They live in Friendship Gardens within the continent of Ponyland.  The royal family also lives here and consists of Queen Golden Light and King Silver Rain (a genderbent version of the canon Silver Rain), and their son, Prince Firefly.  The Royal Guards are the unicorns Golden Glow, Silver Glow, and Copper Glow.  The guards have a younger sister named Diamond Glow who is an earth pony and jealous of her siblings because she can't be part of the Royal Guard.

Queen Star Swirl is the former ruler of Ponyland.  She was once called Queen Silver Swirl and, due to the heartbreak of her husband dying in an accident, she became a tyrant to her subjects.  After she settled down, she gave up her reign, took on a new name, and used her magic and immortality to protect future generations of ponies.

Twinkle Star (also genderbent) is a ghost pegasus who grants ponies' most heartfelt wishes.  His all-pink hair and coat confuses others into assuming he is female.

(There's more but I'd end up taking over the whole topic. XD)

G3:  Silly Sunshine is the mother of Sunny Daze and Summer Shores.

Crystal Crown and Crystal Lake are fictional ponies from famous fairy tales.

Tink-a-tink-a-too's name is shortened to Tink, and Strawberry Reef's name is changed to Coral Pink.

G4:muffin: Pony and Doctor Whooves are time-traveling partners off camera and have a little romance going on between them.  Lyra watches a show about humans in her spare time.

Offline Emberfly

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • I Want to Sticker the World!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 06:57:01 PM »
When I think of the ponies, I think of the Dream Castle.  I never saw the cartoons til years later so I'm more in tune with the ponies as toys.  I loved the Dream Castle and always wanted it as a kid but never got it.  :(  So it holds a special place in my heart which in turn makes Dream Valley my ponies' home.
Thank you to SquarePeg for my beautiful avi.

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 07:00:46 PM »
Depends on the generation but I mainly think of generation 1 for all pony stuff.  Its based on my own canon but does have elements of the first pony movies. I don't believe in any pony royalty.  I don't like ponies to have rulers.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 09:41:04 PM »
My first ponies were Moondancer and Firefly, when I first got into MLP I had never seen a cartoon so I only had the toy, the backcard stories and my own imagination to guide me. Even after I eventually got to see the G1 cartoons I still sort of stuck with my own vision of ponyland.

So, my ideas about ponyland were inspired by my own imagination and not what hasbro or the creators of a cartoon told me they should be.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2012, 11:38:25 PM »
Well, I've decided after the Season 2 meltdown that my Pony Canon would be Ponyland is how I make of it, and I have the liberty of calling discontinuity on things I don't like as well as importing and meshing in things from other generations that I like.

My canon is a mishmash of selected G4 Season 1 stories, as well as all Sparkle World stories to date, Tales and Core 7 G3.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 11:44:31 PM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2012, 11:57:35 PM »
I don't have much of a canon for my herd, but whenever I think of where ponies live, I always think of Ponyland, Dream Valley, and Dream Castle. Ponies gotta live in a castle! I never really think of a ruler for them, though.

I kind of like to imagine all of the generations living in the same, er, world, I guess...or maybe the same reality? Just in different places. Not sure how to explain it; they all exist to one another, but don't necessarily know about each other/interact/travel to each others' homelands. Which is kinda ironic seeing as how many of my displays are mixed generations. I think I just can't deal with them all having such different proportions. In my head I can't imagine them all looking the same, either, since the toys really are so different in real life. Therefore, I just can't imagine them all living together. My brain is just weird like that. =P
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline ember86

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A very picky little pony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2012, 12:18:50 AM »
G1 Barnacle is Twisty Tail's real big brother and has crush SHS Star Flash.
  Thank you Scraleos for my sig! Thank you MLPmintchocolatechip for my a avatar  Have a very pony day [you]
My etsy shop

Offline lalalei2001

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2012, 12:36:07 AM »
I came up with this a few minutes ago but Morning Glory, Lightheart, Sweet Berry, Sundance, and Ivy are the five 'original' G2 ponies. They originally hailed from Ponyland, but settled in Pony Village to guide new ponies on their way over the rainbow to meet the others.

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2012, 05:21:51 AM »
Remembering more:  When I got my first pony there wasn't a cartoon. I had the original Butterscotch and in my mind she lived in a world of rainbows and clouds.  At the bottom of each rainbow was a pool of liquid rainbow you could swim in.  In this land Butterscotch was the only pony who did not have bright colors and the other ponies teased her for being so plain. So her mission was to swim in the rainbow pool and turn into pretty colors.  I'd play this for hours. 

I was really delighted when the next set of ponies came out because they looked just like I imagined Butterscotch would after she took her rainbow bath. I also feel a little badly that when I got Windy and Starshine I didn't play with Butterscotch anymore.  I certainly didn't make my new ponies into mean teasing ones.  It's also possible mom threw out Butter because she was really played with hard and had molded inside so I had pulled her tail out.   She went "missing" shortly after the two new ones arrived.

As for Windy and Starshine they both could fly so I'd spend hours making them fly.  Unicorns in my canon always fly: with the power of horn magic! 

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2012, 06:03:19 AM »
G1: divided into two herds (my childhood bestfriend, and me). Often 4 speed and chief were the heads of these herds. I forgot the main moms, but all of them were fat, chubby and middle aged. SHS were the cool hot young adults. Mimic was evil and rude and no one liked her. Hoppy and Leafy were also fought over, and they were well respected in our pony world.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline bladed

• Dabbles Pony
  • Gotta hit some wasabi mayo to settle the nerves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2012, 07:36:19 AM »
You wanna hear a blabbering pile of nonsense? Right.
All ponies now live on THE SHELF. (have to type it like that XD) When I had just 4 G4s, the live in what is now the windmill hotel, that is now the holiday destination. Star Swirl is Princess Celestia's daughter, Luna is missing but before some crazy stuff happened, Star Swirl thought she was Luna. Star Swirl, Lily Blossom and Dewdrop Dazzle are the Ponyland Jewel Protecters (or just PJPs) and the protect my fake diamond from 'evil' dogs who actually owned the diamond as the Dogland Heart before them, XD. Twilight has 2 twin sisters who I call Dawn and Twinkle, Twilight was my first pony XD. Anyway, Twilight owns the MAGIC STAFF, which is just a broken thing with blue string glued to it, which FS Dash holds in her sunglasses(where the hell am I going?) Lady Flutter is the leader of Ember and Charm Bracelet, and then all the other ponies are not important, 'part for the mane 6, who are just.. being dragged down by the Rarity clone.

QueenGusty

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2012, 07:41:55 AM »
Oooh boy! Canon question! :rubs hands excitedly: Get comfy shugahs!

Once upon a time, a small fractin of Equesria was split off and the ponies htere had their own goverment and their own magic. This small land ended up being called Dream Valley, always headed by a unicorn queen.

Some years before FiM started, the Queen had two lovely little daughters, Princess Majesty, who was the eldest and Princess Gusty, born shortly before her father's untimely death.

Princess Gusty formed a strong friendship with Lady Moondancer and Lady Glory's daughters, Baby Glory and Baby Moondancer or as they came to be known, Sky Flier and Powder. Baby pones are normally born near doubles of their parents in the Valley and later on grow and get their own colour/symbols. Sky flier and Powder were also special being as they were conceived through the applicaton of a very powerful spell being as both their mothers were mares. The girls although one being born to each aprent were always known as twins.

But back to the main meat of the canon.

As the two Princesses grew, their mother became worried about Majesty, more and more she was shown to be abusing her ower for her own ends. In the end the Queen made a fateful decision, to bypass te laws of sucession and appoint Gusty as her heir instead of her older sister.

24 hours after the decision was made and announced, the Queen was dead, killed by posion. a crime that Princess Gusty was framed for.

With nopony left to oppose her, Majesty proclaimed herself as Queen of the Valley and ushered in her own Black Guard, these normal male ponies had been tranformed by the Queen's dark magic to serve under her. She also banished all unicorns except herself from the Valley, including Moondancer, Glory and their two children-Sky Flier in particular was convicned of her fillyhood friend's innocence. Unfortunatley, in the attack on their homestead the sisters were split up, Powder being rescued by the mountain colt, Ice Crystal. Sky Flier excaped to Equestria and stayed there for two years until oneday a young earth pony, sought her out and told of what had gone on in her absence.

With the unicorns mostly out of the picture, Majesty had a reign of terror. There was a small group trying to rebel but they had come unstuck once Majesty had her Black Guard find them.

Together with Rainbw Flash, Pina Colada, her sister Rainbow Dash and her fillyfriend, Sparkleworks and with te help of the expert thief Pina Colada, Sky Flier returnd to the Valley and raised a true rebellion, freeing Gusty in the process. Majesty disappeared.

A few months afte rthe rebellion, Rainbow Dash gave birth to a little Pegasus filly. Gusty had cast the spell on her and Sparkleworks request. This filly eventually ended up being a citizen of Equestria tutring under Firefly....

And I'm sure you can guess who she is now ;D

(watches arena comment box break) Oopsie..

Carrie

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2012, 07:46:51 AM »
I don't really have an evolved canon, but when ever I feel like drawing ponies, they will almost always live in Ponyland/ Dream Castle. 

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2012, 08:28:23 AM »
I'm with PinkRosedust; ponies really need to all live together amicably in a castle, pretty much like in Rescue from Midnight Castle.  To me, it doesn't seem right for some ponies to be snobby or mean to each other; the conflicts should come from outside antagonists.  I like the fantasy aspects of the original line in its first few years, when ponies acted a bit more magical equine and a little less mundane human.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal