collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What's YOUR "Pony Canon"?  (Read 2224 times)

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
Re: What's YOUR "Pony Canon"?
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2012, 08:37:42 AM »
They live in Dream Valley, reside in Paradise Estate and there really isn't a queen.
That's all I've got.
I don't have much of a pony imagination any more.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline EmeraldEyesPhoenix

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
  • butts butts butts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2012, 09:06:13 AM »
The G1 ponies are the parents of the G4 ponies.

For instance, Twilight Sparkle's mom closely resembles G1 Twilight visitors can't see pics , please register or login

So I headcanon that Rainbow Dash's mom was Starshine, Pinkie Pie has ties to Cotton Candy and Surprise (long lost aunt or something silly), etc.

Rarity's mom might resemble a G1, too, but heck if I know who.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
wacky wahoo pizza

popyduggan

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2012, 09:46:16 AM »
I was thinking the other day, "What if Applejack regenerated each generation like Dr. Who?". For instance, "Ah shoot, Sugarcube...I don't want to go.".

I usually don't come up with anything outside of "one shots".

Offline DreamLight

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2012, 11:18:55 AM »
My only headcanon is that Spike stays with the dragons through out the ages. Though this can be augured with his hatching in gen4. Maybe spike is reborn each gen?

I also think gen4 ponyville might be in Dream valley only because Ponyville happens to be in a valley.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2012, 11:32:05 AM »
I'm with PinkRosedust; ponies really need to all live together amicably in a castle, pretty much like in Rescue from Midnight Castle.  To me, it doesn't seem right for some ponies to be snobby or mean to each other; the conflicts should come from outside antagonists.  I like the fantasy aspects of the original line in its first few years, when ponies acted a bit more magical equine and a little less mundane human.

Totally agree with this.  I enjoy watching FiM but I much prefer my ponies to be more "horse" and less "human."

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2012, 01:21:32 PM »
Wow some of these are great!

I am afraid like some others here, my ponies are mainly toys for me so I dont really have any kind of wonderfully imaginative cannon back story...but its fascinating to read other peoples wonderful stories!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2012, 02:27:23 PM »
I have three canons, one for the biggest ponies (G1s, G3s, and such) the medium ones (McDonalds ponies) and the smallest ponies (ponyville).

The medium story isn't much developed, but I know the stars are the G4 mane six. They, along with a few other toy ponies and horses, live in a castle and defend the land from evil, appointed by Celestia and Luna as the gaurdians of the land or something.

The "little" canon has a big story to it that I might post about as well later.

The "big" canon is mostly slice-of-life stories.  Since I don't really play with my ponies as much as I'd like to, as of now I've mostly just decided who is related to whom, who're friends, who are enemies, and things like that. That isn't too interesting in itself to anyone except me, so i'll just share some tidbits from the "big" canon:

-The babies get the most attention. Glory, Ribbs, Ember and Nightcap (a boy here) are bestest friends who get into trouble, make friends and stuff. Ribbs' interest and affinity for dragons is the root of most of it. The active personalities in the group are Ember and Ribbs, the passive Glory and Nightcap. Nightcap's ability is to interpret dreams, and these inspire adventures a well. Often, they are joined by Frosting (here, a boy) and Scootaloo (G3.5, a "baby" in this canon)
-Light Bright, a JaruRemco fakie, is self-concious about her appearence. She tries to be friends with just other fakies; but at the time, the only other fakie was my pink Remco Donkey, whose gender I can't decide on, so s/he shows elements of both at once. (Such a thing is more common in Ponyland) This pink donkey, however, only spouts "wise advice" that sounds like it came from self-help books and fortune cookies, and gets on everyone's nerves, including Light Bright's. She is also struggling with an attration to Autumn Skye (a boy here,) who she feels would never willingly be with her. Feeling more withdrawn, she becomes fascinated by the mysterious Alicorn Lady, who the rest of the ponies avoid, and who in turn avoids other ponies.
-For some reason, I cannot suspend my disbelief about ponies with butterfly wings. It just doesn't work in my head. So the flutter ponies - wingless of course - are the teenage ponies, along with the G2s. The flutter ponies (Rosedust, Forget-Me-Not, Hollywood, and Pink Dreams) are all friends from childhood, and made "seashell" charms to show they will always be friends (the wing holders on their backs). However, the flutter ponies are growing older, and are becoming crueler in their teenage years. If there needs to be a rumor started or basic cruelty in Ponyland, it comes from them. Tropical Breeze used to be a friend of theirs, but is tired of their superficial ways, and is now a loner, considering becoming apprentice to her former pirate father, Barnacle. Forget-Me-Not (who I call Wysteria for some reason) is the kindest, and is torn between her desire to make new friends, while wanting to keep the bond of the Flutter Club intact. It doesn't help that her best friend is Rosedust, the head Flutter and the cruelest.
-Another teen pony, Sky Shimmer, is kind and gentle. (And an orphan? She's too Mary Sue as it is, but she might be) She and Wysteria are starting to be more friendly with each other.  Rosedust is displeased by this. She has never liked Sky Shimmer, due to a long prevading rumor (is it true??) that she and Sky Shimmer were switched at birth. Rosedust fears greatly that this may be true, that Dancing Butterflies' real daughter is Sky Shimmer, and Rosedust is the one who truly should be the possible orphan. Adding to the conflict, Wysteria and Sky Shimmer both are crushing on the same pony: the goofy but lovable Clever Clover.
-Barnacle was..."busy" in his youth, and many of the young ponies in town are suspected to be his children. Most certainly Tropical Breeze and Waterfire are.
-Are the strange sparkly ponies Star Hopper and Sky Rocket aliens? No pony knows for sure. Firefly had been looking for the ideal mate to sire her child, who would be her successor to her self-proclaimed title of Best Flyer in Ponyland.  She choses Sky Rocket for his stunning appearance, to make her future daughter even more stunning than she! Now her daughter, Firefly Junior (Sparkle baby Firefly), has been born. But Firefly Jr has a mind of her own, and is already beginning to feel more like a pawn than a daughter.
-The Alicorn Lady (she'll need a better name soon!) lives away from the other ponies, and has for as long as anypony can remember. No one knows why, or how old she is: was she once banished from the valley proper? Or is this a self exile? Does she love the other ponies or hate them?  She is a strange being, the only alicorn in the valley, and somehow both hideously ugly and stunningly beautiful, both at the same time.  She is known to be the mother of Best Sisters Kimono and Mochanut. The ponies fear her, yet know her to be the wisest pony in the land, and in times of desperation, may come to her for help. Is the Alicorn Lady a simple mutant? A queen, or a monster?  Light Bright has a theory that astounds her: that the frightening figure may in fact be the very goddess that created the valley and all the ponies in it.  Even I do not know the history of the Alicorn Lady right now. Only she herself does...

Wow, those "tidbits" got really long. Maybe I'll post the "ponyville" canon to bump up this thread another time. I love hearing about everyone's stories!
I'll put something here some time

Offline bladed

• Dabbles Pony
  • Gotta hit some wasabi mayo to settle the nerves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2012, 03:55:18 AM »
. Maybe I'll post the "ponyville" canon to bump up this thread another time. I love hearing about everyone's stories!
Please post your ponyville canon!
Mine is being posted soon XD

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2012, 12:03:37 PM »
Well, okay! :P This canon uses my smallest ponies: Ponyville, Blind Bag figures, Dolly Mix, etc.  It would go with the canon of the G4 TV seires Friendship is Magic.
The ponyville canon is kind of on hold, as I haven't decided entirely who will star in it...
The idea was that an evil pony, wanting to defeat Celestia and take over Equestria, makes her own Elements of Harmony. She kidnaps six ponies as infants, and raises them to become the Elements of Honesty, Generosity, etc.  Glory was kidnapped specifically to be the element of Magic, because there was a prophecy or something about a pony with royal blood being born under a certain star, and that she could potentially have enough magic to "move the heavens," which the villain took to mean "defeat Princesses Luna and Celestia."  She had a castle far away from pony society to raise the fillies in. They grow up to become her elements, trusting her and such.  She raised them on lies about Celestia as a tyrant, things like that.  When she eventually sends them to pony society, they begin to have doubts about ehuir "mother's" intentions, leading to internal conflict of wanting to trust their guardian, but being unable to hide the truth. At some point, they clash with the real Elements of Harmony, and the truth is revealed. They help Celestia and the EoH defeat their wicked guardian in a dramatic affair. Afterwards, they find themselves quite unable to function in normal society - after all, they lived in a castle with no one but each other and an evil kidnapper.  So they have to learn how to be social, and make friends, learn it is okay to make friends other than each other, etc etc.  Celestia considers the success of her letter writing program with Twilight and her friends, and advises to the girl's therapist, Sunny Daze, that they do the same and share the letters with her.  Then antics ensue with all the eccentric characters I've gathered.
Her motivation initially was she's an earth pony and is jealous of unicorns and pegasi, and wants to somehow become an alicorn like Celestia and Luna... but then why would she need to take over Equestria? I haven't really worked out her motivation yet. See, I had initially planned to have the main cast go like this:
Glory: Element of Magic
Feathermay: Element of Generosity
Coconut Cream: Element of Laughter
Firecracker Burst: Element of Honesty
Kimono: Element of Kindness
Sweetsong: Element of Loyalty
  But this led to some problems. First off, I felt like "They need to each be a distinct color." But Coconut Cream and Glory were already such defined characters in my head (Glory was basically like Twilight Sparkle, except that she is always FORCED to study magic, and Coconut Cream's greatest desire is to be a great clown.) So I tried to talk myself out of that, but my bit of OCD still made it bother me every time I thought about the characters.
  Next, I got Dolly Mix Glory in the mail...and she had no horn. (I didn't yet know that this was a common problem!) So I made her one out of clay...and it broke. But that was okay, I added it into the story. At the climax of their defeat of their old guardian, Glory would realize "You intend to use me and my magic to destroy the monarchy. How will you use me now??" and proceed to use her power to destroy her own horn, greatly crippling her ability to use magic, and foiling the plan without having to destroy anyone. So that worked! But then:
  I found out Feathermay was never going to be released in the US. I know, it was dumb of me to start this with all the characters but one. But in my mind she was just the perfect part! I made up the tale of her feathered cutie mark, that she gave feathers out of her own wings to help Sweetsong over a silly little art project...but yeah. I know I could buy her on eBay or something, but the prices are quite inflated, not to mention shipping her from overseas.  Basically, it was a blow that kind of soured the whole thing for me. I tried changing up which ponies did what, using different pegasi...but it just changed things too much for me, and it didn't work out.  I plan to come back to it someday, but as of now...bleah.
  That was a lot of typing for a story that I've put on the back of the mental shelf!

I'll put something here some time

Offline bladed

• Dabbles Pony
  • Gotta hit some wasabi mayo to settle the nerves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2012, 12:14:10 PM »
OOOooh... cool!

Offline PurpleCheeseStick

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • Woweeeeeee
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2012, 12:14:23 PM »
Well, going off of my herd... The ponies are supposed to have their own homes (they do in my head, derp) but in reality, they're all pretty much homeless. They just wander around the fields my basement getting into trouble, generations mixing in with each other. The G1s, G2s and G3s all get along swell, however they have no idea that G 3.5 exists as they've never seen one, and since Lyra is the only G4 around (my McD's are "MIA" aka tucked away in a box) they just ignore her because she looks nothing like a horse to them. They actually think she's a fakie.

Most of my ponies don't know each other because they've all been separated for a long time. My G3s, though kept with each other in the basement, were separated into two groups and only know one another as aquaintances. Now that they're being mixed together and invading my room pony by pony, they're getting to know each other more. However there is one figure they all know and refer to, they call her the Alligator Lady (aka me because my fursona is an alligator)

They also have a vague understanding of the other inhabitants of the basement- Barbies, Legos and other various dolls- but have yet to really meet and mix with them, since I always kept my toys neat and separated as a child. The plush ponies do not count as ponies and therefor are devoid of life and personality. McD's, however, count. Cause if they didn't then technically I'd only have one G4 SHHHHH.  :silly:
:happy: :rainbow: G2 Maniac! :rainbow: :enthralled:

Offline Winter Bones

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2012, 09:40:46 PM »
I don't have any canon in particular, but I suppose I could make one up as I go along:

All of the ponies live in the mystical land of The Shelf. They are not pony-ponies, like in the cartoons, but rather toy-ponies. Think Toy Story but with more pastel coloured equines. The ponies in the land of The Shelf are ruled by the omnipresent, all-knowing, mane-brushing entity known only as S. However, S isn't always around, and when (s)he isn't, there is a lot of tension within the herd, mostly stemming from Celestia, who is secretly the evil Princess Pinklestia in a very poor disguise.

Princess Pinklestia thinks that she should be the ruler of the herd, after all, she's only the pinkest, prettiest, most perfect pony in all of Shelf! So, whenever S isn't around, she spends her time spreading lies and propaganda, trying to convince the other ponies to join her army and cross the ocean of Carpet. Sometimes she is successful, and S finds ponies in the most unusual places, like behind the dresser or under the bed-attempting to initiate a sneak attack no doubt. An attack against what, you ask? Against the land of The Storage Boxes, of course! They're another colony far across the ocean of Carpet that consists of action figures, digimons and pokemons. As The Shelf's population has grown exponentially in only a few months, The Storage Boxes see the ponies as a threat to their supremacy within the continent of Bedroom, and are wary of Shelf. So, Pinklestia thinks it best to eliminate the threat of an attack-and sieze control of the continent of Bedroom while she's at it-by destroying them completely. Yep, she's evil. :) Bedroom is always peaceful whenever S is around but will it remain so should Pinklestia's army and The Storage Boxes send out their fleets and go to war?

Aside from Princess Pinklestia there are a few other notable ponies within the herd, like SunnyLyraTwily. SunnyLyraTwily suffers from multiple personality disorder, and becomes three different ponies depending on the time of day. During the morning hours, she becomes the reserved yet outdoorsy Sunny Rays, during afternoon, she becomes the bouncy, slightly eccentric Lyra, and during evening, the bookish Twilight Sparkle. This causes a lot of confusion for the other ponies, and a lot of grief for the real Lyra and Twilight Sparkle.

Zecora frequently finds herself thwarting Princess Pinklestia's evil plans, as the other ponies look up to her, especially the blind bag ponies. Blind bag ponies are wild and savage (especially the sparkly ones), and can only be kept in check with the help of Zecora, as she is the only pony who speaks their language. Without Zecora in the herd, the playful ponies would easily be overrun by the little beasts, and even on good days they still have a tendency to take Shelf Castle under siege...

Then there's Daisy Dreams, of course, who is sh-sh-sh-shaky and n-n-n-neurotic. Apparently, something terrible happened to her long ago, but nopony knows exactly what it was. Daisy Dreams frequently RASIES and lowers her voice while she's speaking, making it very HARD TO TALK TO HER without losing your eardrums. She has a debilitating fear of bubbles and does not like to be approached from behind. As such, being approached from behind by some bubbles is her single greatest fear. She knocks over the McPonies quite frequently because of this, as they are usually lined up right behind her.

Aye! The wee McPonies with their brushable McTails and molded McManes! Mcponies, for some McReason, just can't stop adding "Mc" to random McWords. It's very McIrritating for the McOther ponies. The McPonies are at the greatest risk of defecting from the herd and joining Pinklestia on the promise of McFries and McNuggets, especially since McPinklestia is Princess Pinklestia's right hoof mare. McPony Light Heart is the only exception to this rule, as she has psychic visions that warn her of Pinklestia's plans. She also lacks the tendency to say "Mc" and penchant for burgers and fries the other McPonies have, though she tries to act like them in order to fit in. Rumor has it she's close to the entity S... or perhaps all the years she spent sealed in a McBag deprived her brain of oxygen? Regardless, she's good friends with Zecora and an invaluable ally in the fight against the Pink Princess. (Also, nopony except for Zecora and Light Heart know Pinklestia is evil. Pinklestia is one of those be-nice-to-your-face-stab-you-in-the-back types. She has to maintain the real Celestia's character so the other ponies will trust her.  ;))

Last but not least, there's the unholy trinity of ponyville G3 ponies. The blind bags might speak in a primitive language, the McPonies might McSpeak a little McStrangely, but the G3 ponies are the only ones to not speak at all. They just sit there by their picnic blanket, never eating; only staring...

...and that's my new pony canon-or a rough draft of it, I guess. I can't believe I wrote so much in such a short time!  :blink: It might not be Dream Valley or Equestria, but I find the idea of my ponies having Toy Story style adventures quite entertaining. :biggrin:

TLDR my toys are all insane and are currently fighting an evil Celestia imposter.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 10:19:32 PM by OneWingChangeling »

Offline Sumire

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2012, 09:47:56 PM »
My sister and I weren't big fans of most of the ponies who came with the houses.  Majesty, Lemon Drop, Peachy and Tiddlywinks were never our favourites and thus were pretty summarily kicked out of their homes for whichever pony was our favourite.  Fifi and Scoops were staff basically and thus got to stay with their building.  I suppose you could say our story was that the ponies lived a communal life, sharing what everyone had.  However my ponies (I'm the older sister) just happened to get the best of everything.  (Luckily my sister and I often had dissimilar taste so dissimilar bests.)

Our families were pretty strictly colour based.  I love sea foam coloured ponies with pink hair so the family I remember best (also one of the last I made since I was a preteen by then) had a mother, Cranberry Muffins; a teenager, Fancy Flower; a preteen, Pink Dreams; a son, Baby Paws; the twins, Baby Cuddles (my sister and I both got a carriage so we had two); a daughter, Baby Pockets (and her friend Hoppy I guess); and little baby Sleepyhead.  How a Flutter Pony and a pegasus ended up in a family of earth ponies never crossed my mind.  Maybe dad had wings?  He wasn't in the picture of course because for some reason we never gender switched ponies and there wasn't a correctly coloured Big Brother Pony.

My favourite couple was Chief and Flowerburst.  Once again colour based since their hair matched.

I blush to recall this but we created the New Kids on the Block with Playtime Baby Brother Ponies and Lucky (he was Jordan).  The little girl ponies loved to attend their concerts.

We did have adventures though!  We had a villain named Slimy Snake.  She was constantly kidnapping ponies and causing trouble.  She didn't have a physical form until poor Lemon Drop lost her tail and then she was demoted to Slimy Snake.
If wishes were horses, they'd be My Little Ponies.
Thanks to moonflower for my adorable adoptable!

Offline pyrodarknessanny

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • banannas
    • View Profile
    • Pyrodarknessanny's ko-fi
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2012, 10:02:23 PM »
my ponyville  is  quite messed up,  my cousin and i had the idea to do a "True Tails of Pony Drama"  soap opera type version of the pony world. 

each pony  as a major charater fault or bad habit.
some examples of my  pony charater faults.

feathermay is the arson "fire bug" pony,   shes always lighting fires.
lu lu luck is the "any thing you can do, i can do better" pony
twinkle shine  - failed as an actress and got into "adult" films
rainbow flash - not realy a unicorn, her horn is cosmetic surgery
lilly blossom and daisy dreams - "hippies"
flitter heart - manic depressive
cup cakes - pinkies  insane sister /twin
star dreams - celestia's secret love child
honey buzz ( shes basicly the "AHH BEEEES!!" pony)

some of the others im not sure i can say what we make them do,  and  others that we  havent gotten around to making stuff up for.

but the basic idea is that they all have one  issue /undeseriable trait   and the stories / adventures are baised around thos  issues.

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2012, 10:54:01 PM »

-For some reason, I cannot suspend my disbelief about ponies with butterfly wings. It just doesn't work in my head. So the flutter ponies - wingless of course - are the teenage ponies, along with the G2s. The flutter ponies (Rosedust, Forget-Me-Not, Hollywood, and Pink Dreams) are all friends from childhood, and made "seashell" charms to show they will always be friends (the wing holders on their backs). However, the flutter ponies are growing older, and are becoming crueler in their teenage years.

My Flutters and G2s were always teenagers when I was little, too! I'm not even sure why. Maybe I didn't care for the idea of a different type of pony? I dunno. Anyway, my Peach Blossom and Honeysuckle were BFFs. Honeysuckle had really short hair and makeup added by a previous owner, so to me, she was always kind of a punk. I love your idea about the seashell charms, heh. I think I just tried to pretend those buttons weren't there on my flutters.

Princess Gusty formed a strong friendship with Lady Moondancer and Lady Glory's daughters, Baby Glory and Baby Moondancer or as they came to be known, Sky Flier and Powder. Baby pones are normally born near doubles of their parents in the Valley and later on grow and get their own colour/symbols.

I like this idea!
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal