collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Disappearing ponies?  (Read 1646 times)

FrostButt

• Trade Count: (0)
Disappearing ponies?
« on: October 15, 2012, 12:22:35 AM »
So, I haven't really touched the majority of my herd in years. I'm going to be moving out of my parents' house soon and I realized I needed to downsize my collection. So, I pulled my herd out from the bowels of our garage and found about 60 ponies in a plastic bin (I looked through some other bins and didn't find any more). Originally, it looked like all my ponies were there, though I thought my herd was a bit larger (I have A LOT of G3s) I hauled them into the house, where I started to catalog them and separate them into different piles: Sell/Trade, Keep, and Bait.

As I started to go through the main pile, I noticed that some of my ponies were missing. Gardenia Glow and Wondermint, specifically. I was a bit puzzled, but I didn't think anything of it. Once I got through the entire pile, I realized that I was missing about 15-20 ponies! :shocked: I have no idea where they went; it's a complete mystery! While I intend on finding my dear ponies, I'm simply baffled by their disappearance.

So, has this ever happened to any of you guys? I can't be the only one whose ponies just...vanish, can I!?  :yikes:

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Disappearing ponies?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 12:28:47 AM »
Nope, I just did the same thing as you, going through a long-stored herd to catalogue the G3s! I sure wish I knew where some of my springtime/Easter G3s went... -_-
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 12:49:02 AM »
I have no set places to put my whole collection, just ponies scatterd around the house, so it's no surprise I lose ponies and aceesories quite often. little Luna lost her crown so she borrowed Starbeam Twinkle's.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline Sakuyamon

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • artist for hire
    • View Profile
    • http://Sakuyamon.deviantart.com
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 01:02:46 AM »
Maybe they are like those disappearing garden gnomes?

Sorry, just joking.
I hope you find your ponies soon, I know its awful to loose stuff.

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 01:08:01 AM »
How odd. I hope you find another box with them in tucked away somewhere safe.

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 12:30:26 PM »
No, you're not the only one.

While I know a goodly chunk of my herd was lost in a move (and mostly my favourites, it would be those ones...), I'm positive that I had left some of my sea ponies at my folks' home.  I haven't yet rooted through all the stuff in their storage, but I've taken a good stab at it, and so far, no sea ponies. *sigh*  I'm beginning to think they might have flown the coop... or swum it...

But I'll keep my hooves crossed that you (and maybe me, too) will find your missing ponies. ^.^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline Emberfly

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • I Want to Sticker the World!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2012, 01:02:12 PM »
Oh ya, me too!  Got the collection out of storage and I'm like... I thought I had so-and-so... where's my baity ponies? I know I had a black markered Firefly.  I went through all the boxes, and the list I'd made when they went into storage says I'm not missing any pony boxes.  :shrug:   I guess I sold them years ago when I first started to weed out my ponies.  But Minty?  Really?  I thought I'd held onto her.  As I went through the boxes I kept finding pony stuff (not ponies though) and I have a feeling I'll still be 'encountering' pony stuff in the future.

Good luck and I hope you find your ponies.  Have you asked your parents if they know of any more boxes?  Did one get damaged and thrown out by mistake?  What a horrible thought, I know! :yikes:
Thank you to SquarePeg for my beautiful avi.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2012, 01:06:51 PM »
Sometimes... but sometimes they also turn up at the most unlikely times! 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2012, 03:29:06 PM »
I thought I lost some of mine till we found them in a wardrobe drawer much to my joy. they are now back with the rest of the herd. I do wish you the best of luck finding them.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2012, 03:57:03 PM »
I wonder were they all went? I have not had this issue at all. But then I did not have alot of toys when I was a kid.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2012, 04:29:20 PM »
Oh no! I hope they turn up for you tucked away safely somewhere else!

I have this happen now...at the moment Sundance in the Country Jamboree outfit has now been posted missing for the last couple of months...I have no idea where she has skipped off to!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline PurpleCheeseStick

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • Woweeeeeee
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2012, 06:15:21 PM »
I had a G3 So Soft Baby pony that I loved dearly but when I started searching for her in my plushie bin I realized I couldn't find her! I tried so hard to think of what happened to her and a few days ago I realized, I'd done the worst thing possible- I'd handed her off to a little three-year-old.  :yikes:

I'm so angry with myself for doing that! And it's not like I can just ask to take the pony back, that would be so rude XD"" So now I have to find a new one to replace her :c

I hope you find some of your ponies! D: And didn't do something silly with ones you like, like I did orz if so I know that feel, haha.
:happy: :rainbow: G2 Maniac! :rainbow: :enthralled:

Offline Lunar Dust

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2012, 06:16:17 PM »
During my last move to my current address I packed away all my G2s and G3s except Star Catcher. They stayed packed away till a few months ago. When I took them out I organized them and set up my list of the ones I owned. As I was finding each ponies name I noticed a few missing. 4 ponies were missing from my herd and after going through all my stuff I realized they had been most likely thrown out with all the trash :yikes:. I will never find the ponies I lost but maybe some new ponies will replace them in my herd. SO far I have gotton 1 of the 4 that I lost but the other 3 still need to be replaced. 

FrostButt

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2012, 08:50:28 PM »
All of these stories are making me cringe. ;A; I hope I find my ponies SOON! I found some baity ponies I forgot I had, but the others are still hiding from me...

Offline Emberfly

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • I Want to Sticker the World!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2012, 08:51:15 AM »
If you kept them in plastic bins it's doubtful they got tossed so I'm sure you're ok on that front.  Have you done trades and forgot?  I know that's most likely what happened to me, that and sales I've forgotten about, but the key is that I knew that I had sold a bunch of ponies and traded others.  Still have my fingers crossed for you!
Thank you to SquarePeg for my beautiful avi.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal