collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I think I'm losing heat on the G4s...  (Read 8955 times)

ashleesalterego

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: I think I'm losing heat on the G4s...
« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2012, 07:10:40 PM »
Initially I was very excited about the G4 line. I do love all of the other accessories (clothes, jewelry, etc) but the ponies themselves leave something to be desired. They keep re-releasing the same ponies with new accessories, the head and body mismatches are obnoxious, and the ponies themselves all look the same. Where are the different poses? I do like the fashion style ponies because I like the larger size (G4 is a bit too small IMO) but again, they could use some different poses.

Offline UnicornTamer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Everypony needs Jesus.
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Dreams
« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2012, 07:33:48 AM »
Actually, I'm feeling like that too. I'm trying to feel excited about Season 3, but I'm not. I'm not really excited about getting more G4s. I want more of all the other gens.

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2012, 08:01:26 AM »
Plastic is made from petroleum. Petroleum costs way more than it did in the 80s.

Um, wouldn't that affect everyone? If that is true then it would be across the board affecting the quality of all toys, not just Hasbro.

Somehow I don't know if I agree it's the high cost of oil than is keeping hasbro from making new body molds or new characters or improve the quality of what they are already making.

No, I mean on the playsets. All the 80's toys He-Man, MLP, etc had these large and complex plastic playsets. Now it seems all the brands have cheap paper playsets or smaller ones. That's what I meant by my comment regarding plastic.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2012, 08:36:17 AM »
As much as I'm a huge fangirl of the show, I do agree a tad. I love that they're releasing blind bag show ponies but I'm really itching for more brushables, either of not-mane-6 show ponies or completely original ponies. Heck, bring back some old ponies like Minty and Waterfire as brushables (and not leave them as one off Taobao grabs.)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Duster reference]

Offline rtattles

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+39)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Rtattles' Blog
« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2012, 02:05:41 PM »
Plastic is made from petroleum. Petroleum costs way more than it did in the 80s.

Um, wouldn't that affect everyone? If that is true then it would be across the board affecting the quality of all toys, not just Hasbro.

Somehow I don't know if I agree it's the high cost of oil than is keeping hasbro from making new body molds or new characters or improve the quality of what they are already making.

No, I mean on the playsets. All the 80's toys He-Man, MLP, etc had these large and complex plastic playsets. Now it seems all the brands have cheap paper playsets or smaller ones. That's what I meant by my comment regarding plastic.

I wouldn't say the new playsets look cheap, but they certainly are TOO FLAT. I kind of like the castle, but there's nothing much you can do with them. They're more for creating scenes rather than real play.

I'm still hoping for something like Lullabye Nursery and Show Stable. They were the right size and were downright fun to play with as a child.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Inventorising my collection @ http://rtattles.wordpress.com/
Formerly known as DebonaireThundercloud

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #80 on: October 14, 2012, 02:15:10 PM »
I can say I haven't bought really any new G4s from stores lately... as all of them have been either the main six or the glimmer wings (which I have no interest in getting). I haven't checked other stores for new ponies but most of them would have similar to what our walmart has... and I'm getting bored of blind bags XD
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline alkevin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 10, 2012, 01:18:36 PM »
Funny!  Where I live there is only the main 6. No white Celestia, no blind bags... You´re bored! Imagine me!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal