collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who's Your Favourite Pony and Why?  (Read 1831 times)

Offline Emberfly

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • I Want to Sticker the World!
    • View Profile
Who's Your Favourite Pony and Why?
« on: October 11, 2012, 09:41:33 AM »
I'm curious to know, if you could only pick one pony, who your favourite is.  Is it a childhood pony, is it the colours you like, or from a show with characterization that you love?  What's your ponies name and generation?

It's a hard one for me, and though I just love many of the ponies from many of the generations, for me it goes back to my childhood ponies.  It's a toss up between Firefly, who was my most played with pony as a kid, and Glory, who was my last pony and therefore stayed very pretty (and I LOVE white ponies).  In the end, since I'm asking you all to choose just one pony, I'm going to choose Firefly, but it was a really tough call.

I feel like I want to share my Firefly story.  :)   When I was young and living in small town Saskatchewan, we would often go to the nearest city to shop which was an hour away.  One time I took Firefly with me and for some reason my sister and I stayed in the car while my parents shopped (it must have been groceries since we didn't usually stay in the car).  So, bored kids playing in the car, at one point Firefly went on top of the car... Yep, I forgot her there!  On the highway home I realized that's where she was.  I was devastated!  Probably crying and such as only I can do.  ;)   When we got home, I looked at the roof of the car, hoping beyond hope, and guess who was wedged into the roof rack!  FIREFLY!!!!!  I felt then that she was a very special pony, even more so than before.  Though, due to my love for her, she was totally destroyed in my childhood: no tail, no symbols, eye rub...  I think she finally left my house amid some bait ponies since I can't seem to find her anymore.

Share your pony love!
Thank you to SquarePeg for my beautiful avi.

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
Re: Who's Your Favourite Pony and Why?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 09:52:52 AM »
That's a sweet story about Firefly. Thanks for sharing!

For me, the question is who is my favorite pony today. It seems to change and it's strangely tied to who is for sale or who eludes me!

Right now, I would have to say AppleJack of all gens. For a little while it was Mimic and before Mimic, Ice Crystal. I still have a special place for them too but Nirvana AJs keep catching my eye.  Although every time I see Greek Ladybird, I melt.
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline Eluluu

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • should be sculpting... ooh! Netflix!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 10:25:32 AM »
im gonna have to go with Fizzy. i just always loved her color combination, tho im usually more of a teal with lavendar girl.. .theres jsut something about her seafoam greenish tealish aquaish tone... i always loved the TEs as a kid, and of them i had Fizzy and Masquerade, who is a close second(ish) even tho im not too fond of yellow ponies.... then theres baby moondancer, who i think is just so sweet looking and i loved her from the cartoons, and lofty- who is just awersome (again, with the yellow ponies?!) and who cant love the pony who set ponyland on fire? and the princesses are just interesting cause they were my first tinsiled/non painted symbol ponies...

i choose ALL OF THEM.

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 10:29:15 AM »
Lady Cupcake! My very first pony... I have so many memories tied to her <3

Offline Buffy

• Trade Count: (+192)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Buffys Paradise
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 12:27:54 PM »
My very first pony was Medley, so she is my fave :-) But I also love Buttescotch, because of her butterflies.

When the G3s were sold the first pony I have bought in a shop was wysteria, so she is my fave G3, also Starsong, which reminds me of Medley.

And since G4 are sold, I love Spike :-)

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 01:55:49 PM »
SS Windwhistler because she was my first childhood pony, is my favorite color and I love her character on the tv series.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 06:14:45 PM »
  When I was a child, Baby Glory was my favorite. I had all kind of adventures with her. :) I still think she's beautiful, even with her cancer. (She has my favorite symbol, so simple and yet so beautiful!) She's the only one of my original ponies I was smart enough to keep.

Now I think my favorite pony is Up Up and Away. As a kid, I was fascinated by her symbol and Milky Way's. (But Milky Way looks so distracted an aloof, and UUaA looks like she'd be willing to be a friend to anypony.) But anyway, as a kid I would just sit an look at her symbol. I loved how the balloons look, they they could really be moving floating aimlessly about. Perhaps, due to holding her under my nose while I looked at her and dreamed of drifting balloons, whenever I look at her now the smell of rubber pony fills my brain. You guys know the smell I'm talking about. :) My ponies nowadays don't have it so strongly, due to their age, and coming from many different homes and such. But I just look at UUaA and the smell hits me like it's fresh.  She, and the smell, encompass memories of childhood pony antics for me, which may be why I love her so much.

I also identify with her. I often feel like my thoughts drift around, like I have a hundred different "balloons" of things I dream of, but I never really know which one to grab.  That I never try to grab them, and all they do is drift around and accomplish nothing, exceot perhaos keeping me entertained. But then, perhaps that is the nature of dreams and desires.

Lastly, her deep pink color is rich and makes my mouth water. There. Wall of text over.  :lol:
I'll put something here some time

Offline Pythia

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2012, 06:50:12 PM »
Twist. She's my girl.
Looking for: Alternate Birthflowers, Baity wingers, So softs - both minty and for deflocking - and DREAM BEAUTIES!

MimiTheMuse

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2012, 07:06:32 PM »
Baby Northstar (First Tooth Edition, G1)

When I was a little girl, she was my "Mini-Me". Me and my main pony pal, Angie, would usually divide up my herd and her herd, but I was ALWAYS Baby North Star. And she was the pony I took everywhere with me. Now I look at her and she reminds me of the little girl with the big imagination, and it's an inspiration to keep writing and keep making art. :)

In fact, I want to get a second Baby North Star and keep her in my purse for photo ops...she's still my Mini Me, I guess! LOL XD

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2012, 08:31:51 PM »
Sparkle baby north star. My sister had one, I would sneak into her room and take it. I always loved it for some reason.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2012, 09:04:07 PM »
has to be G1 for me for childhood reasons
very very very hard to decide but sorry bubbles......seashell has to be if she is in very mint non faded condition
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

SailorSonazaki1995

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2012, 09:12:13 PM »
I'm gonna puy my favorite girls by each gen :D

G1:
Sugarberry..Her color combination!...*_*  And I love the color red  :blush:...I always react to pony colors for some reason, some color combos are soo cute and luscious. :inlove:

G2:
Clever Clover..My first G2 pony XD..He's adorbs and I wouldn't ask for a better G2. <3

G3:
Yeah, that's right.G3 Rainbow Dash. I loved her personality in the cartoon specials, the whole "darliinnng~" accent and sisterly personality towards the other ponies <3..I miss her so much.. :cry:

G4:
Toughie....But I love Pinkie Pie! And her G3 self yes, but the G4 one...Hyper characters are the death of me  :lol: :lol:.

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2012, 12:34:16 AM »
I need to have two!  :P

Cotton Candy because she was my first childhood pony
Alt BF Water Lily - she is my birth month and I love her colours :)

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2012, 07:14:35 AM »
G1 apple jack as she was my first :) xaflame

Autobus_Prime

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2012, 07:51:24 AM »
G3:
Yeah, that's right.G3 Rainbow Dash. I loved her personality in the cartoon specials, the whole "darliinnng~" accent and sisterly personality towards the other ponies <3..I miss her so much.. :cry:
SS:

G4 Dash really needs to meet her G3 alt-self at some point in the show, especially now that time travel's been established.  RD4 is so entertaining when something brings out her barely suppressed neuroses.

As for G1, poor old Rep is fun, but he isn't a pony. He just plays one on television.  I think my favorite has to be Teddy.  Not a terribly positive character, really, but then I also like RD4 and TF:Animated Sociopath Bumblebee.

I like Baby Surprise, too, but only for having the best baby name since Oops.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 07:53:23 AM by Autobus_Prime »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal