collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: No green ponies???  (Read 2214 times)

Lon-san

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: No green ponies???
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2012, 12:09:48 AM »
As a child, I loved the color yellow and rainbows. I have no idea why I didn't have any Rainbow Ponies as a kid because I think Sunlight and Sky Dancer would have been right up my alley.

For the G4s, I probably would have liked Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Rainbow Flash, Celestia and maybe Ploomette. I liked pink but I wasn't obsessed with it the way Hasbro figures most little girls are. I wasn't as all about green and blue as I am today but I did love my Lime Chiffon and Blueberry Muffin dolls.

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2012, 01:46:50 AM »
Well first of all, that paper appears to have shown that women prefer red-blue (i.e. purple) and men prefer green-blue (i.e. teal ).  ;) But the paper can't really disentangle the social from biological effects either.

I personally LOVE purple and teal.  And as a scientist, we know that studies can say a lot of things that aren't necessarily true or may be skewed by a million variables or may hold bias or or or.  Never trust studies.

Hehe. My favourite colours are purple and teal, just look at my avatar.  ^.^

I wouldn't put it as never trust studies, just always be sceptical and gather as much other information as you can. If 50 studies all say there is no sex based difference in infant colour preference, then you can pretty much trust that as fact.  ;)

Also, I'd love a TAF buttons coloured pony - *looks on list of fim characters* - Peachy Sweet looks nice.
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2012, 06:12:48 AM »
Blue is my favorite color, but overall my color choices are more about hue, I think.  I like DEEP purple, DEEP blue, DARK pink more than pastels of those same colors.   I love both emerald green and ice-green, though.

IMO Lyra is somewhere between green and cyan.  So pretty!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2012, 09:29:21 AM »
I actually love the color pink- but that doesn't mean I want (or have ever wanted) EVERYTHING to be pink-
Too much of anything is annoying.

Putting aside ridiculous market research-  I would think based on the popularity of Monster High and Bratz among the kids that some nice ponies with BLACK Green and Red would actually be wicked popular.  Actually, come to think of it-  Luna and Zecora are not pastel colored and the stores have had trouble just keeping them in stock...

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2012, 02:54:35 PM »
I actually love the color pink- but that doesn't mean I want (or have ever wanted) EVERYTHING to be pink-
Too much of anything is annoying.

Putting aside ridiculous market research-  I would think based on the popularity of Monster High and Bratz among the kids that some nice ponies with BLACK Green and Red would actually be wicked popular.  Actually, come to think of it-  Luna and Zecora are not pastel colored and the stores have had trouble just keeping them in stock...

But I think it depends on the nature of the line - black and deep greens and dark purples are popular in MH because the line is appealing to the current "twilight-vampire" thing which is going on - the line is dark in nature and in content with werewolves and monsters and vampires. MLP is different its supposed to be innocent and bright therefore light shades, particularly pinks and paler purples and whites, are where the focus is.

I love pink and personally while I can see the wish for other colours - variety is what made G1 great - I can live with and love the pink...

*cough* wasn't this conversation about green ponies lol! Apologies OP!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal