collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Alpacasso. WANT!  (Read 7629 times)

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Alpacasso. WANT!
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2012, 06:05:39 PM »
I bought one of these off ebay for a friend of mine thats an alpaca breeder, for christmas. Should of gotten myself one too, theyre adorable!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Online Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2012, 06:27:32 PM »
I took pics of my two, just for you ladies! ;)

I haven't given them any names yet ... huh. Maybe I should! Grape and Strawberry might be cute!

Kissu!

Hello, world!

Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2012, 06:58:48 PM »
Those two little ones are bootlegs. (Though cute anyway!)  You can tell by the bear tag, and the chinese on the tag.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2012, 07:02:52 PM »
I kept ignoring this thread and now that I look!   Ahhhhhhhh!   I want one too. 

Online Snapdragon

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2012, 07:58:59 PM »
Those two little ones are bootlegs. (Though cute anyway!)  You can tell by the bear tag, and the chinese on the tag.

Omg, seriously? Well, hot dang, I wish I'd known that. >_> Then again, the guys running the booths weren't exactly informed ANYWAY, haha.
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2012, 11:48:52 AM »
One of my friends is obsessed with these little guys. They're incredibly adorable ffff. *A*
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline Goldilocks

• Romance Pony
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2012, 04:11:54 AM »
Love these, llamas and alpacas = :heart:
wanted G1 WEDDING/LOVE pony accessories and merchandise, ARGIE GREEN TRULY, ARGIE PEARLY-PAINTED NOVIA:
http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,299645.0.html
trades:
http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,299649.msg252302.html#msg252302

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2012, 06:09:12 PM »
Eeee!  I'm having Harvest Moon: Tale of Two Cities flashbacks... so insanely cute!

@ Snapdragon:  Thanks for sharing the photos - Grape and Strawberry are perfect names, they are just too kyoot. ^.^

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2012, 08:01:11 PM »
omgomgomg!  :squee:  *snuggles them all*

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Chance

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2012, 03:43:35 PM »

Gah! I spent ages yesterday trying to find out if the Alpacasso I bought earlier this year was a fake. It has that bear tag, so I guess mine is fake too! I don't really mind since it's still really cute, and it only cost eight dollars. (I got mine at an anime con.)

Do you know of other ways to spot fakes? I think now it's going to be my mission to find a real one. :lol:

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2012, 04:33:40 PM »
Real ones will say Arkapasso/Alkapasso on the tag, the company is Amuse, and the tag would have Japanese on it, instead of Chinese. XD I guess that would be a starter. Cons seem to have lots of bootleg stuff... again... (I feel like it was weeded out for awhile).

The fakie I have has the bear on the tag, the company is Kin Hsing, and the tag is all in Chinese...

If anyone is interested in some, I bought a lot from Japan. ^-^ Their on their way now, if I there is any interest I'll probably put them in a sales post. (@__@; The only way I can seem to afford them is to buy a lot, keep the one I want, and sell the rest)

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Chance

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2012, 05:07:13 PM »
Real ones will say Arkapasso/Alkapasso on the tag, the company is Amuse, and the tag would have Japanese on it, instead of Chinese. XD I guess that would be a starter. Cons seem to have lots of bootleg stuff... again... (I feel like it was weeded out for awhile).

The fakie I have has the bear on the tag, the company is Kin Hsing, and the tag is all in Chinese...

Thanks for the info! Looks like the next time I go to a con, I'll have to check the tags more carefully. The Kin Hsing ones are pretty well made though, and for the price... I may get more the next time I go. :biggrin:

I wonder if there are other ways to tell though, based on the look of them rather than just the tag? I mean, I've seen some badly done fakes where it's easy to tell, but some look a lot like the real thing. I'm not sure that online sellers always post pictures of the tags, so I'd be worried about someone paying a lot for a fake that they think is the real deal...  :yikes:

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2012, 05:39:37 PM »
How cute! I've gotten away from stuffed toys a bit, so my wallet is safe for now. I'll just admire yours :)

Offline bagheera86

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2012, 06:31:22 PM »
IS there any where we can buy online? Are they expensive?

Online Snapdragon

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2012, 01:24:50 AM »

Thanks for the info! Looks like the next time I go to a con, I'll have to check the tags more carefully. The Kin Hsing ones are pretty well made though, and for the price... I may get more the next time I go. :biggrin:

I wonder if there are other ways to tell though, based on the look of them rather than just the tag? I mean, I've seen some badly done fakes where it's easy to tell, but some look a lot like the real thing. I'm not sure that online sellers always post pictures of the tags, so I'd be worried about someone paying a lot for a fake that they think is the real deal...  :yikes:

I'm no expert (I wanna hear what banditpony says about this!! ^^), but from pics I see online, it looks like the real deal may have blushies on its cheeks, and the fakes do not? The blush is adorable, but not necessarily a deal-breaker for me.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal