collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Thinking about finally caving and getting a MH doll... But which Lagoona to get?  (Read 2481 times)

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
The only one I have is Skull Shores Lagoona and I think she's lovely. She's on the cheaper side too compared to some of the other sets.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Here is Mad Scientist, School's Out, and Skull Shores
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Lagoona! by reidelsol, on Flickr
Mad Scientist has the lightest freckles or all my Lagoonas. School's Out has the next lightest, and Skull Shores is the darkest, with Dot Dead Gorgeous a close second.

And then here are all my Lagoonas, just for comparison :)

All my Lagoonas!! by reidelsol, on Flickr

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
The original School's Out Lagoona has very dark freckles. Also, Mad Science Lagoona's freckles are inconsistent. I've seen some with dark freckles and some with almost non-existent freckles.

(The most recent one I saw had her earrings in the middle of her ears and her hair had horrible bald patches in it; as much as I love Mad Science Lagoona, I think she quite possibly has the worst QC out of the whole line ... I've never found one that didn't have *something* noticeably wrong with her.)

Offline rayedelsol

• Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Yeah, My Mad Scientist is the first doll I've ever had with ears pierced where her actually ear canal should be. I'm super happy with her, though. I can't stop staring at her :)

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
Yeah, My Mad Scientist is the first doll I've ever had with ears pierced where her actually ear canal should be. I'm super happy with her, though. I can't stop staring at her :)
My first Mad Science Lagoona had her piercings in her jaw in front of her ears. They weren't level either; one was higher than the other. I've seen a couple of other ones like that. I've also seen MS Lagoonas with bad hair, bad freckles, bad eyes, you name it! I've never seen one that did not have some kind of problem. My second one, which is the one I'm keeping, has thin hair on top. It's not that noticeable, though, thanks for her braid.

I'm looking forward to getting my new School's Out Lagoona. I like the rerelease's face much better than the original's. I'll sell my original once the rerelease arrives.

Offline Souffaloufagous

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Schools out would maybe be my favorite one that I would be able to buy within reason, but I don't really like the hand...and having that would drive me NUTS.

I am tempted to buy a DT online...but I really like picking out my toys from the shelf.  Being the first one to touch them and comb their hair and such (though G1s are my exception). So I have to twiddle my thumbs and not be impatient. :P

there is a re-release of schools out?  Is her hand still in that wonky pose, or is it normal?

Offline rayedelsol

• Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Yeah, my School's Out that I posted up there is the rerelease.

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
there is a re-release of schools out?  Is her hand still in that wonky pose, or is it normal?
Yes, and she still has the "hang loose" hand. Some people like it, some don't. I personally don't like it either as I feel it severely limits her photographic options. I swapped out her hand for a normal Lagoona hand when I got my original. I recently bought a rerelease off someone and I'm going to keep her and sell the original (I repainted her lips, so she's been customized).

Here is a comparison between the original and the rerelease: http://www.flickr.com/photos/69404301@N03/7987429471/

Offline Souffaloufagous

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Yes, and she still has the "hang loose" hand. Some people like it, some don't. I personally don't like it either as I feel it severely limits her photographic options. I swapped out her hand for a normal Lagoona hand when I got my original. I recently bought a rerelease off someone and I'm going to keep her and sell the original (I repainted her lips, so she's been customized).

Here is a comparison between the original and the rerelease: http://www.flickr.com/photos/69404301@N03/7987429471/

WOW. Noticeable difference.  I like the re-release much better, the lips on the old one are too big... Maybe I won't rule her out.

Maybe I should stop being picky?  It's just that if I'm only going to get one, I want her to be perfect...and there are so many choices...and...yeah...    :blush:

Offline DoomBunnies

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://drefankearse.deviantart.com/
Never stop being picky about your dolls! Soon as you do that, you start getting wonky eyes, or ending up selling the dolls later anyway. Waiting, even if it feels like you're going to go nuts, is always better, and makes finally getting the right doll much more satisfying.
He who serves two masters lies to one.

It was when you found out you could make mistakes that you knew you were on to something.

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
If you're worried about the hand, I have a regular Lagoona right hand I'd trade you for the hang loose one :3

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
WOW. Noticeable difference.  I like the re-release much better, the lips on the old one are too big... Maybe I won't rule her out.
Yeah! That was my big problem with the original. I ended up wiping her lipstick off and repainting it. It just made her mouth look way too big. Here's my repainted first release SO Lagoona:

cover girl by pukunui81, on Flickr

The main differences are: different shaped eyes, softer freckles, smaller lipstick, darker necklace, purple shoes.

Maybe I should stop being picky?  It's just that if I'm only going to get one, I want her to be perfect...and there are so many choices...and...yeah...    :blush:
Never! If anything, I have become *more* picky since I first started collecting. Those wonky eyes just drive me nuts! (And, as you can see in the above photo, my original SO Lagoona has one eye higher than the other.)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 08:40:42 PM by pukunui »

Offline DoomBunnies

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://drefankearse.deviantart.com/
I know for me, some of the off eyes don't bother me, like if Cleo's face is a little crooked, oh well. But on the big/odd eyed ones, like Rochelle or Lagoona, it just ends up being so obvious, and getting worse and worse the more you look at it.
Always check the faces, eyes first then lips, edge plugs, and any other paint they may have thoroughly before buying. Once you notice a flaw it never goes away.
He who serves two masters lies to one.

It was when you found out you could make mistakes that you knew you were on to something.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal