collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Thinking about finally caving and getting a MH doll... But which Lagoona to get?  (Read 2486 times)

Offline Souffaloufagous

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
So once upon a time, I was over my friend Shannon's house to binge on junk food and watch teen wolf.  (We party soooo hard. =P)

So I was looking at all her stuff, she likes to make custom horror barbies, and she had this cool water lamp on her night stand. I turn it on and, BAM, it was DT Lagoona. 

I had seen the MH board here before, and knew the dolls were getting big, but my curiousity was only mild and I had never seen one up close/out of box.

She's soooo cool!  Webbed hands?  Fins?  On a girls doll?  AWESOME.  I want. I want so much.  I just love her colors and how she's all sea-monster themed and just...yeah....   :blush:

I'm in the process of talking myself into buying one, only I have nooooo idea which Lagoona to get! 
Like, what are the differences with the eye makeup/lip color and other stuff?  I like the paler colored lips, like on DT Lagoona (but alas, I shall probably never have her.)

Tips anyone?  And possibly some pic spam?  Purdy please.   ^.^

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Honestly, the ones I'd recommend most are the most expensive - Dead Tired and Signature. Lagoona doesn't get more perfect than that in my opinion.

You will not find eyes or lips quite like signature Lagoona. Her lips are so red and sparkly that it's almost dream-like.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

046-001 by tuneful87, on Flickr

Fish Out of Water by tuneful87, on Flickr

And Dead Tired is gorgeous in her own right as well:

006-001 by tuneful87, on Flickr

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
DDG Lagoona having a bit of a uhm.. Fashion.. Disaster..? She's just too sweet for this look!

DT Lagoona - Just took this today.  Sorry for reposting her.. :lookround:

I'll probably take some nicer ones of DDG in her stock and School's Out tomorrow.  :blush:
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Chi, is your DDG Lagoona channeling Courtney Lovetobiteya?!?!?!

Offline Souffaloufagous

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Eeeee, looking at these pictures makes me want her moooooooore.  I love the pale lips on DT lagoona too, makes her look more "fishy" in my opinion.  The red is also stunning. 

Decisions, decisions....  I don't want to start with one that's too expensive though, I'm not sure if I'll start collecting them, or if I'll stick with just one Lagoona and get her a ton of outfits.

Offline pukunui

• Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
I've got Mad Science (classroom) Lagoona, Dead Tired Lagoona, and the original School's Out Lagoona:

my three Lagoonas by pukunui81, on Flickr

They are my favorites. DDG Lagoona is pretty cute too, and I like the rerelease version of School's Out Lagoona that I recently bought one and will be replacing my original one. I like DotD Lagoona's face-up, but that mohawk ...  :huh:
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 08:37:56 PM by pukunui »

Offline Souffaloufagous

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
I've spent pretty much the past hour just looking at pics of lagoona and trying to find a store that has her.

I saw DOTD lagoona, and I LOVELOVELOVE her blue lips...but the hair..... D:
And the price.  That too.

Schools out lagoona I really like, and she's not super expensive, so she's probably my top contender for now.  I would snap up mad science lagoona in a hearbeat if I actually saw her anywhere.  I love her hair and the accessories.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Mad Science Lagoona is one of my most favorite versions of Lagoona. I'd say go for her if you're able to. :P
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline DoomBunnies

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://drefankearse.deviantart.com/
My favorite Lagoona, and the only one I've looked at and needed to grab is Dot Dead, but it was mostly mine, because those head curls of hers were split into a nice, ordered four that I really love the look of. So much so that I didn't wash them out, making her the first doll I have that still has her styling glue. Other DDs I've seen just haven't spoken to me the same way.

That said, wheeeere did you get the little Homura-chan in your icon? I think I need one now that I've seen it.
He who serves two masters lies to one.

It was when you found out you could make mistakes that you knew you were on to something.

Offline Souffaloufagous

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Ooooh, that Lagoona is pretty too.  Currrrls.  And I like her eye make up.  Maybe I'll just get whatever one is close at hand and just buy all the outfits.  :D

Tiny homura?
The boyfriend picked her up for me at Anime Boston this past spring, which got me started on collecting nendoroids (I have 2 more now! Squid girl ad TV ver black rock shooter! :3).

Sadly she is hard to find now, because she was released in 2011.  I use stores like amiami, HLJ, hobbyshop, and anime-export.

EEE. I just checked and anime-export has her right now.  For $43.  Pretty good price, since buying one from the states runs 60+

Offline DoomBunnies

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://drefankearse.deviantart.com/
Oo goodness. I'll have to look around then- I'm not big on paying more than 20-30 for my toys and amusements.

And if you like the wave 2/School's out Lagoonas she's everywhere now, same as the DDGs (at least in Vegas). She's got a bit of glitter above her eyeshadow, but I love her still. *Isn't a glitter person at all*
He who serves two masters lies to one.

It was when you found out you could make mistakes that you knew you were on to something.

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
my favorite Lagoona is Roller Maze -- she has the hang loose hand, and her freckles are green instead of the standard blue <3 Mine is in the process of a re-hair....so she isn't fabulous, otherwise I would take a photo.

((pic, not mine http://www.flickr.com/photos/toyboxphilosopher/7454146346/  ))

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Yes! I love Roller Maze Lagoona, I think she has a really sweet face, and I like her stock hair with the little buns/pigtails on top  :biggrin: (edit: the pink scaly sash isn't stock, it's from her fashion pack)

Plus she is inexpensive if you want one doll to buy outfits for ^.^

I also have 2.0 and DotD, which I love as well. My 2.0 is the 2011 release (not sure if that makes a difference) and her hair is gorgeous, silky and shiny, and it's more of a soft pale blonde than a yellow blonde like RM's is. DotD's fin-hawk is crazy but ultimately kind of crazy-awesome... I braided the loose part of it at the back to control that XD

Good luck deciding which one to get, they are all beautiful! ^.^
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 11:21:10 PM by Zombelina »
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
My favourite is definitely Mad Science Lagoona. She was my first ever doll and I have 22 now. She is absolutely beautiful and without a shadow of a doubt, my favourite. Her hair is gentle and wavy, her lips are pale and extremely pretty, her faceup is just divine. And if you're not 110% in love with the clothes, you can always buy other clothes for her!
Here's my girl, she's the pride of my collection. Some are of her and her boyfriend Gil :lovey:

Photos in order of oldest to newest:

Lagoona Portrait by dropdowngorgeous, on Flickr

Run Alice Run! by dropdowngorgeous, on Flickr

Bubbles Of Fun. by dropdowngorgeous, on Flickr

He Kissed My Lips I Taste Your Mouth. by dropdowngorgeous, on Flickr

DOTD Stock.

Feel The Adrenaline Moving Through My Veins... by dropdowngorgeous, on Flickr

Next Thing, We're Touching. by dropdowngorgeous, on Flickr

Heheh, sorry about the pic spam, you did ask! :blush: I just love her!

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Yes! I love Roller Maze Lagoona, I think she has a really sweet face, and I like her stock hair with the little buns/pigtails on top  :biggrin: (edit: the pink scaly sash isn't stock, it's from her fashion pack)
Spoiler

Plus she is inexpensive if you want one doll to buy outfits for ^.^

I also have 2.0 and DotD, which I love as well. My 2.0 is the 2011 release (not sure if that makes a difference) and her hair is gorgeous, silky and shiny, and it's more of a soft pale blonde than a yellow blonde like RM's is. DotD's fin-hawk is crazy but ultimately kind of crazy-awesome... I braided the loose part of it at the back to control that XD

Good luck deciding which one to get, they are all beautiful! ^.^

Heehee, I did the same thing you did with my DotD Lagoona's hair. XD I braided the super long pieces and wrapped them around the rest of the loose hair at the base of her neck. Braiding and or pulling back is my solution to all Lagoona hair woes, since I'm too nervous to boil it.  :blush: My Signature Lagoona has these cute little valkyrie braids, which honestly I think suit her so well they could have been stock. :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal