collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: In the garbage, on the ground, in the woods...  (Read 2359 times)

Offline BabyIceCrystal

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Active collector since 1983
    • View Profile
Re: In the garbage, on the ground, in the woods...
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2012, 02:27:12 PM »
I went to drop in on my sister one day and was only there for maybe 15 minutes. When I was leaving, right in the middle of her drive was a vaguely pony shaped mess that certainly wasn't there before. Either Moonstone or Windy by the dingy hair colours and pose but she was so caked with muck I couldn't tell more then that. It turns out that her neighbour's dog had found it somewhere and claimed it, but it was strange how she just appeared in the drive as though left for me to find. I claimed her and gave the dog a proper chew toy. ten years later I still have her, still not sure how exactly I want to fix her up, but I'm certainly keeping her.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Many many years ago I also got a surprise pony from the guy I was dating at the time. He had been helping his friend donate a sofa to a local thrift store and as they were moving it into the back of the store he somehow picked out a pony across the room in a dust pile in the corner. This guy was a complete punk, right down to the huge green shaved mohawk and shock value clothes. Well he stopped on the spot holding up this sofa and started demanding that someone "Get the pony! Get the pony!" I can only imagine the image for the employees. Since she had been swept into the corner to be thrown away, they gave her to him and he brought her home for me. I actually have traded her on since then because the memories of that relationship are bad and she reminded me of it, but I did make sure she's not to be baited and told her rescue story to her new owner.

Want List

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2012, 02:31:02 PM »
My partner's uncle is a garbage man, and back in June, he found this big bunch of ponies in the trash:

I couldn't believe it! Probably the best package I've ever gotten in the mail! :lol: I would have loved to find them myself, though, so I'm hoping I haven't used up all my pony luck and maybe it will still happen! :P

such a cool find !!:)
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline flowersinherhair

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2012, 02:57:43 PM »
Ditto!  I'm seeing bright clean ponies with original curls!  I'm so glad they didn't end up in the dump.  Even if they didn't want the trouble of throwing them on ebay, at least donate them!

The photo makes them look better than they were! Many of them were REALLY dingy when I got them, and a few have cancer spots all over their bodies. I'm sure the level of grime was why they got thrown out rather than donated. Most of them cleaned up beautifully, though!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2012, 03:57:37 PM »
Such amazing ponies and stories wow!

I have yet to make any kind of cool discover but I keep on looking!!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2012, 04:35:59 PM »
Great stories, everyone!  :)

So far, I've never found a pony anywhere interesting but I keep looking.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2012, 04:43:16 PM »
I have found a few in free boxes and at yard sales like this past weekend.

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2012, 06:08:22 PM »
My dad said he unearthed an ancient pony from the ground with his tractor one day.  But it was in really bad shape and he didn't keep it.  Even before spending a decade underground, it probably wasn't in great shape.  My sisters and I weren't very charitable towards our toys, especially if they were getting "old."

majikarte

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2012, 06:45:39 PM »
Wow, that poor Windy! I don't have any stories like these, but I love the one someone posted a while ago about finding a plush pony (Moondancer, I think?) in a closet and it wasn't theirs? Something like that.

brittney_rochelle

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2012, 05:55:10 AM »
I was shooting shotguns with a friend out in the deep woods and I stepped on Bowtie! My friend was going to practice on her but away into my backpack she went! I'm currently trying to restore her.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 05:59:45 AM by brittney_rochelle »

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2012, 02:44:07 PM »
This isn't really that amazing a find but it's a find all the same... My Mum works at a primary school and one day she found a McDonald Twilight Sparkle, one of the clip on ones. It had obviously fallen off of a child's bag but instead of going through the difficult task of trying to find the owner she brought it home for me, and she's not very happy with my pony collecting so it was kinda funny. :P
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2012, 04:52:17 PM »
I was at a flea market and there was this guy selling used paint, tools, and whatever else you can find in a garage. He had a small trailer FULL of all this rusty, oily junk. In the middle of all of that, I saw a Peachy. I went up to him and was like "I want the pink pony!!" He gave me a strange look. He didn't even realize it was in there. She was full of grease...

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline BlueChaos

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2012, 04:58:25 PM »
I found a Parasol softee stashed next to my water heater. She had to have been back there for a while. She was grungy, smelly, and she has a slightly mouse chewed ear. A good bath took care of the dirt and smell, and a needle and thread fixed her ear right up.

MoongazerThePony

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2012, 06:48:12 PM »
I went to drop in on my sister one day and was only there for maybe 15 minutes. When I was leaving, right in the middle of her drive was a vaguely pony shaped mess that certainly wasn't there before. Either Moonstone or Windy by the dingy hair colours and pose but she was so caked with muck I couldn't tell more then that. It turns out that her neighbour's dog had found it somewhere and claimed it, but it was strange how she just appeared in the drive as though left for me to find. I claimed her and gave the dog a proper chew toy. ten years later I still have her, still not sure how exactly I want to fix her up, but I'm certainly keeping her.

I have an idea! Maybe you can make a custom from it, and make it some sort of hospital type pony! She can have bandages and such, and a nurse pony could be her helper or something! That would be kinda cute!

Offline Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+172)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • View Profile
    • The New Gray Mare
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2012, 07:19:51 PM »

I have an idea! Maybe you can make a custom from it, and make it some sort of hospital type pony! She can have bandages and such, and a nurse pony could be her helper or something! That would be kinda cute!

Or you could have someone resculpt the missing limbs =)  I've done ears before and have sculpted an entire pony from scratch.  Doing legs would be fun!

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2012, 07:53:52 PM »
Mom works at at an after school program. There are several buckets of generic toys, sorted into dollsm dinosaurs, etc. They seem to be filled with whatever detritus gets left behind by last years kids, and cheap stuff that the one devoted attendant puts in there once in a while. I came home once to find a Filly Princess on the kitchen table.
"Oh, I took it out of the toy bucket. No one will miss it."
"Mom! You can't just steal toys from children!"
She also used to do this with Transformers when I was still dating my ex, who is a huge Transformers nut. She says we'd appreciate the toys more and that they'd just get destroyed by the kids.  She's a little too practical sometimes.  :lol:
I'll put something here some time

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal