collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How do you react when you lose an auction?  (Read 5545 times)

Offline Princess-Sparkles

• Princess pony from Aus
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic expert. ;)
    • View Profile
Re: How do you react when you lose an auction?
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2012, 07:45:54 AM »
I know someone who doesn't take losing auctions lightly :lmao: I'll wait for her to see this thread :P
nHuh...am I going to guess who you are talking about? Hmmmm :P

As Party will testify from my mini rages - I dont take loosing auctions well at all...I get loud and I get angry and then sometimes I ll cry a little too...after that I go on ebay bidding mania and end up winning things I really dont need *looks at £50 spent on another bundle of combs*

Is it childish...yup...but honestly I take it personally! lol

This is so me!!! It's just how I was this morning. I'm do glad I wasn't the only one!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Thank you SDS for my Princess Sparke avatar and thank you Shenanigans for my signature. ^_^
~My want list

Wanted: Baby Cotton Candy and Bowties with bad hair and hair cuts. :)

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2012, 08:20:48 AM »
@GoldenLamb: That's a really good idea! I'm going to keep this one in mind!
I'll put something here some time

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2012, 08:39:04 AM »
It depends.  If it is a pony I know another will eventually show up somewhere.  Although I do hate when I forget to bid and she goes for very very little.

If it is something I can never find again I might be a little upset, but I get over it quickly. 

Offline PitterPatter

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Rhinos are just fat unicorns...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2012, 08:43:07 AM »
I don't know, I haven't bought a pony on eBay all year. Yay me.

I don't think I could go a year just not buying *anything* on eBay. It really does get you - the hunt, the bid, the bargain, the frustration.

I've only had a couple of bad eBay moments, one I really did cry as I was outbid and I really did want the lot.

The other was my own fault. There was only one bid on this G2 with wingclip thing that I really wanted, not because it was necessarily special but I thought she was really pretty. So I had the laptop open, but was watching TV and got distracted by an animal programme, and a tiny pony who got really ill had had emergency treatment. It was so cute and endearing, had me in tears. Then I realised I had completely forgotten about the auction!!!

popyduggan

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2012, 10:29:22 AM »
I usually get sniped by one persistant bidder and I'll be like, "Yeah, of course you would do that. :rolleyes:".

They usually end up paying more than what's reasonable so I don't really get ticked at not winning, but more bothered that I have to wait it out longer for another listing.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 10:36:33 AM by popyduggan »

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2012, 10:49:41 AM »
Well, depending on how important the item is to me, it can range from "meh, I wouldn't pay that much for that, enjoy your overpriced toy!" to a full-blown depression fit.
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline BrightIdea

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2012, 11:05:41 AM »
I am pretty good most of the time now. Last bidding war I lost I was like "meh" because it was getting expensive.

I was not so good however when I got bid sniped on my birthday in the middle of the night. I was grumpy and sad after that because I was already getting my hopes up.

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2012, 11:11:18 AM »
It hits me pretty hard when I lose something I wanted. :(

I remember putting the highest, absolutely break me now bid in once for a toy I really wanted... only to be outbid. It was heartbreaking.. I was also quite angry.. and remembered putting in some final 'i know it's not going to be me' bids just to make them pay more for it..

I did this once and ended up paying for it... literally.  I was bidding on a bunch of MOCs from the same seller and kept getting outbid by the same buyer.  I knew (or thought I knew) what they were willing to go up to so I kept upping the price by a few dollars thinking for sure I wouldn't surpass their max bid.  On one particular pony I wound up being the highest bidder with nearly a half hour to spare.  I thought surely they'd outbid me by the end of the auction.  Turns out, I won, and for a LOT more than I was actually willing to pay.  Well, I mean, I did pay (it wasn't the seller's fault I was stupid) but you better believe I never did THAT again, lol.  So much for trying to teach someone a lesson!  :blush:

:lmao:

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline Glacia471

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2012, 11:58:30 AM »
For me it depends on how badly I wanted the item, and how I lost it ;) If I lost it because ebay decided to make me sign in again as I was trying to place a last second bid, or my internet went out, I'll be furious and rant for quite some time. It's hard when I space the end of an auction too, which has happened a few times (so now I set an alarm on my phone for super-important ones). I'll fume about it for as long as a week or two, or until I can find a similar item.

Either way, I usually get over it... eventually :silly: Sometimes by buying something I hadn't really planned on buying (speaking of which, one such pony is scheduled to arrive today :silly: If only the mail would hurry up :drunk: ).

Offline Twizel

• Switchblade Kitten
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • This crown gives me a feeling of power! POWER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2012, 07:00:16 PM »
lol I couldn't take the stress of an auction. I try to buy directly from the seller. Call me a coward XD

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2012, 07:04:52 PM »
even after winning one and then seeing the item being auctioned  for less on the next listing , makes you feel bad too, you have it but you paid way too much ,or when you receive it , it ends up with defects :(
I need to rethink my collection aspirations LOL

GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2012, 07:10:33 PM »
I'm not a happy person when I lose a bid on an item I really wanted. I used to rely on my eBay app for my phone, but sometimes it doesn't sound the alert near the end of an item. :(

What I really hate is when I miss an item on the Arena that I really wanted by someone else sending in the PM like 5 minutes before me :(

GoldenLambPony

« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2012, 11:05:09 PM »

I did this once and ended up paying for it... literally.  I was bidding on a bunch of MOCs from the same seller and kept getting outbid by the same buyer.  I knew (or thought I knew) what they were willing to go up to so I kept upping the price by a few dollars thinking for sure I wouldn't surpass their max bid.  On one particular pony I wound up being the highest bidder with nearly a half hour to spare.  I thought surely they'd outbid me by the end of the auction.  Turns out, I won, and for a LOT more than I was actually willing to pay.  Well, I mean, I did pay (it wasn't the seller's fault I was stupid) but you better believe I never did THAT again, lol.  So much for trying to teach someone a lesson!  :blush:

:lmao:

I did this once before too! I didn't think I would win. I knew I didn't have the money, but I knew if I did by some chance win, my husband would bail me out. Which I did win, and he did bail me out. But then when I got the item, I had to re-sell it to pay him back! I also never did that again. I felt like such an idiot/bad wife, but he was nice about it and felt like the hero helping me out so I didn't have to use my credit card. This was waaaay back though. I have evolved as a bidder since then.  lol

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2012, 11:12:33 PM »
It depends on the item for me.  Usually, I can set a maximum for myself and if I don't wi it, I'm disappointed but not heartbroken.  Occasionally though, it'll be something I really wanted and then it'll depress me for awhile.  No tears or anger though - I'm just a little more melancholy if I choose to dwell.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Princess-Sparkles

• Princess pony from Aus
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic expert. ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2012, 11:37:48 PM »

What I really hate is when I miss an item on the Arena that I really wanted by someone else sending in the PM like 5 minutes before me :(

This happened yesterday to, but it don't bother me to much about this pony.
Thank you SDS for my Princess Sparke avatar and thank you Shenanigans for my signature. ^_^
~My want list

Wanted: Baby Cotton Candy and Bowties with bad hair and hair cuts. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal