collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How do you react when you lose an auction?  (Read 5611 times)

Offline Kaeldre

• Goa'uld System Lord
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "The best advice I've found is don't look down."
    • View Profile
Re: How do you react when you lose an auction?
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2012, 07:51:41 PM »
For me, I usually place a bid just minutes before the auction ends...only to be sniped at the last. possible. second.  When that happens, I get mad but then I think, "Meh, it was probably money I didn't need to spend and just one more thing to clutter up my room."  I just had that happen this evening, actually but it wasn't a pony auction.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"When someone asks me if I give up, I say 'Not until I'm dead'.  And sometimes not even then." ~ Daniel Jackson
"Asking a Ferengi to play a Cardassian game is like asking a Klingon to chew with his mouth closed." ~ Elim Garak

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2012, 08:13:26 PM »
There have been a few times when I've been pretty upset.   On multiple occasions I was bidding on a lot of ponies and was about to get them for a good price when suddenly, in the LAST FEW SECONDS OF BIDDING someone snatched them out from under me (there's got to be some kind of software involved with that).

Usually, I just console myself with "Well, that's just that much more money I haven't blown on ponies."   Also, ebay auctions get so pricey that it's almost a good thing to lose an auction.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2012, 08:14:49 PM »
I do not get upset when I lose. I just think to myself that its not ment to be and look for something else. I put in the amount that I would be willing to pay for it. If I get out bidded on it then that is that. I am going to have a bidding war on a pony and pay more then I should. We are all differnt in how we handle things. There will always be another one listed down the road. :)

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2012, 08:32:45 PM »
I used to get very upset. I don't very much anymore but I do find myself buying a bin in retaliation. Just because I waited all that time for nothing. :/

Offline plushroo

• Trade Count: (+252)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2012, 08:47:49 PM »
I curse and go find another pony to use the money on.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2012, 09:00:59 PM »
The only time I get irritated is if eBay or my internet starts acting up at the end of an auction. I'm a sniper and usually only place one bid in the final seconds. The one click bid option has helped reduce interweb stupids, but sometimes it still wants to give me issues.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2012, 09:12:51 PM »
I don't know, I haven't bought a pony on eBay all year. Yay me.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline mlly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2012, 09:14:45 PM »
cry inside :cry:

Novavelle

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2012, 09:19:52 PM »
When I'm sniped by like 50 cents I get pissed!  When I lose by a significant amount it doesn't bother me as much!

this, nothing make's me more mad then knowing I was such a small amount of money away from owning it.

but I normally get a little sad... then try to spend my money else where to distract myself :)

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2012, 09:37:00 PM »
It hits me pretty hard when I lose something I wanted. :(

I remember putting the highest, absolutely break me now bid in once for a toy I really wanted... only to be outbid. It was heartbreaking.. I was also quite angry.. and remembered putting in some final 'i know it's not going to be me' bids just to make them pay more for it..

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline Jupiter

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2012, 09:42:28 PM »
i got depressed for a day when i lost an auction for a plush old bowtie with her hangtag still. I wanted to get it so much but i got sniped. since then I don't get excited about possibly winning an auction til it has ended  and i usually assume i'm going to be sniped so when it doesn't happen  it's a pleasant surprise.

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2012, 10:53:07 PM »
It is upsetting for sure, but I do only place one bid in the last seconds, if it is still at a good price, sometimes It jumps too much and so I never even  get to bid . before I bid I decide how much I'm willing to pay and go for it .
If someones pay 50 cents more and gets it then It is ok , I was not willing to pay any cent more than what i had decided to pay .
and if I get snitched for even 2 seconds then it wasn't meant for me.
now if there are no more items listed then it is harder to get over not wining it
such is life !

GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Princess-Sparkles

• Princess pony from Aus
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic expert. ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2012, 11:07:52 PM »
It is upsetting for sure, but I do only place one bid in the last seconds, if it is still at a good price, sometimes It jumps too much and so I never even  get to bid . before I bid I decide how much I'm willing to pay and go for it .
If someones pay 50 cents more and gets it then It is ok , I was not willing to pay any cent more than what i had decided to pay .
and if I get snitched for even 2 seconds then it wasn't meant for me.
now if there are no more items listed then it is harder to get over not wining it
such is life !

Yeah I think it's harder to get over because this pony comes up like once a year at its usually a lot more expensive then what this pony went for. Oh well.. :)
Thank you SDS for my Princess Sparke avatar and thank you Shenanigans for my signature. ^_^
~My want list

Wanted: Baby Cotton Candy and Bowties with bad hair and hair cuts. :)

Water_Fire

« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2012, 11:15:20 PM »
Depends, usually I just stick what I'm prepared to pay on as my maximum bid then wander off. If I win it, awesome, if not, oh well. If it's something I REALLY want though, I'll sit and watch it like a hawk! If I don't win, you can be sure some expletives are used. (When I say 'some' I mean ALL the expletives).

GoldenLambPony

« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2012, 11:22:13 PM »
There have been a few times when I've been pretty upset.   On multiple occasions I was bidding on a lot of ponies and was about to get them for a good price when suddenly, in the LAST FEW SECONDS OF BIDDING someone snatched them out from under me (there's got to be some kind of software involved with that).

Actually there is. I don't have software, but I am signed up for an auction sniper service. There are lots of them out there. They bid for you in the last 2 seconds. That way I don't forget about the auction or have to worry about it. I tell it which auction and it does the rest for me. Then I come home and see if I won it or not.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal