collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How do you react when you lose an auction?  (Read 5548 times)

Offline Pythia

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: How do you react when you lose an auction?
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2012, 12:17:59 AM »
It depends. Sometimes I'm kind of 'eh', but sometimes I get pretty cranky, haha.
Looking for: Alternate Birthflowers, Baity wingers, So softs - both minty and for deflocking - and DREAM BEAUTIES!

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2012, 12:41:04 AM »
I get annoyed when I buy a bunch of ponies from a seller to save on shipping, and miss out on the one I really wanted. Gah!

that happened today... darn that elusive freaking pony!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2012, 01:20:10 AM »
I REALLY get annoyed when I lose out if I've forgot to bid and it ends low :argh: apart from that, if someone outbids me it just means they were willing to spend more ;)
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2012, 01:49:20 AM »
I REALLY get annoyed when I lose out if I've forgot to bid and it ends low :argh: apart from that, if someone outbids me it just means they were willing to spend more ;)

That happened to me with a Mountain boy. I forgot to bid & actually no-one bid! Then it was relisted and went for about £50. Gah.

Thanks to SDS for my siggy and Jupi for my avatar :)

Offline Bibinettepony

• Tickle, the Rainbow Pegasus Queen
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2012, 02:00:19 AM »
I depends sometimes I say to myself, ok it is ok, but sometimes I have tears  :cry: like a baby girl who does not have her game lol  :P
MLP forever MLP pour toujours

Offline sherbertlegs

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2012, 02:06:14 AM »
I used to get really annoyed if I got outbid.  I now have a new outlook on bidding.  I decide a set amount and enter that say 5 days before the auction ends.  I then don't look at the auction again until it has ended.  If I end up winning then yey to me.  If I don't then at least I know I haven't over spent and that it wasn't meant to be. 

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2012, 02:35:47 AM »

That happened to me with a Mountain boy. I forgot to bid & actually no-one bid! Then it was relisted and went for about £50. Gah.

I wonder if it was the same Mountain Boy?  I also forgot to bid... the one I'm thinking of is Tornado, and he was listed as just a shire pony to begin with and his starting bid was insanely low.  But I took a nap and even though I kept my phone next to me, I slept through the notification beep that the auction was nearing its end. 

And partypony566, YES.  That happens more often than I care to admit.

Overall, I get less upset now than I did in the beginning.  I used to go into a cold sweat near the end of an auction, and my stomach would churn.  If I lost, I didn't cry or curse, but I definitely pouted.  Only occasionally do I still get frustrated, like if my phone or laptop is misbehaving and I had been watching the auction for days, or if it's a pony I haven't seen for sale in ages and really wanted.  But usually I am able to shake it off and say, "Oh, well... I didn't need to spend the money anyway."

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline partypony566

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2012, 02:37:43 AM »
My nightmare that haunts me was Mountain Boy Sunburst that ended on eBay for £14-15 back in 2008 and I forgot to bid AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :argh:

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2012, 02:57:10 AM »
It varies... most of the time I just 'meh' and shrug it off. Sometimes it's sheer disbelief as I thought with the high bid I put in I was sure to get it. Sometimes I get cross, sometimes even releaved (from a cash perspective!) but I haven't got full-on angry for a long time. Last time I remember that happening was when I was outbid on a My Pretty Pony in the last few seconds. There was some colourful language used that day! LOL

Offline partypony566

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2012, 03:00:57 AM »
It varies... most of the time I just 'meh' and shrug it off. Sometimes it's sheer disbelief as I thought with the high bid I put in I was sure to get it. Sometimes I get cross, sometimes even releaved (from a cash perspective!) but I haven't got full-on angry for a long time. Last time I remember that happening was when I was outbid on a My Pretty Pony in the last few seconds. There was some colourful language used that day! LOL

Lol, that's the thing though,MPP hardly ever comes up so I can understand you were annoyed! Did you manage to win one eventually?

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2012, 03:21:59 AM »

I wonder if it was the same Mountain Boy?  I also forgot to bid... the one I'm thinking of is Tornado, and he was listed as just a shire pony to begin with and his starting bid was insanely low.  But I took a nap and even though I kept my phone next to me, I slept through the notification beep that the auction was nearing its end. 

Probably was, he started at £0.99 and no-one bid on him! I was annoyed when I found out I forgot to, but only in a sort of missing a bargain kind of way, rather than being that bothered about the actual pony.

Also my phone annoys me frequently with whether it decides to warn me about the end of an auction or not. I frequently miss them because I don't notice the notification or I don't get one at all.

Thanks to SDS for my siggy and Jupi for my avatar :)

Offline partypony566

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2012, 03:24:09 AM »
I know someone who doesn't take losing auctions lightly :lmao: I'll wait for her to see this thread :P

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2012, 04:48:32 AM »
I know someone who doesn't take losing auctions lightly :lmao: I'll wait for her to see this thread :P
nHuh...am I going to guess who you are talking about? Hmmmm :P

As Party will testify from my mini rages - I dont take loosing auctions well at all...I get loud and I get angry and then sometimes I ll cry a little too...after that I go on ebay bidding mania and end up winning things I really dont need *looks at £50 spent on another bundle of combs*

Is it childish...yup...but honestly I take it personally! lol
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2012, 06:52:00 AM »

Lol, that's the thing though,MPP hardly ever comes up so I can understand you were annoyed! Did you manage to win one eventually?

NO! lol! I'm hoping to pick her up at Ponycon! *is hopeful*

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2012, 06:58:15 AM »
I shrug my shoulders and say 'Meh, next time' :) For the most part, the pony or item I was bidding on will pop up again in the future, and I'll have another shot at it. Granted on some things it might take a while, but they will be worth the wait!

It took me YEARS to find Algodoncete, and when I found her it was the best day in the history of collecting ponies for me. I missed out on her several times, and she does not pop up but maybe once or twice a year at most. Yes I was a bit bummed those times I missed out on her, but it just made obtaining her that much sweeter :)

And alot of times I'll stumble across some ponies I am looking for by accident. That is how I ended up with a NM Punzie :) She was in a lot with a ton of other things I wanted, and I won the auction. I was not after her, I intended to sell her to recoup what I spent....well that did not happen because I fell in love with her!
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal