collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Resolved  (Read 979 times)

Offline klein

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Dolls & Ponies oh my!
    • View Profile
    • Pullipsandjunk
Resolved
« on: September 22, 2012, 08:03:28 PM »
I won an auction for the rest of the Pretty Pals that I needed (what luck the one pony I already had was the one missing from the lot) back on September 9th. I paid within about two hours of the auction ending, I selected expedited shipping and eBay gave me the expected arrival date of the 13th. I received a tracking number on the 10th but it never updated beyond "electronic shipping information received". As time passes, I start to realize that stuff I bought way after the Pretty Pals set has already arrived and I started getting concerned as it was way beyond the 13th and the tracking number still hadn't updated at all.

I finally emailed the seller two days ago asking about the ponies, she responded this afternoon
I am so sorry.  While we did purchase and attempt to print the label from Ebay, it apparently didn't print so your box was still here waiting shipment.
I couldn't figure out how to reprint the postal label from Ebay so I just purchased postage again and took it to the post office this morning.
There is another tracking number for you now and it should be there within 2-3 days.
Sorry and thanks for getting in touch with us to get your item to you.
I'm honestly not sure what to make of this response, they made no attempt to contact me at all before this about any type of shipping problem and honestly I feel like if I didn't ask where my ponies were I probably would have never received them  >_< I'm currently waiting on the ponies to hopefully actually arrive some time this week.

The seller is pretty active on eBay, while I was still waiting on a response I took a gander at their feedback it looks like even international buyers have already received their items from auctions that ended the same day as mine.

TLDR: I bought and paid for ponies on the 9th, seller didn't actually ship them out until today after I asked where they were.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 11:35:04 PM by klein »

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Anxious about an eBay purchase
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 08:26:56 PM »
Oh good grief what is their problem? Its easy to reprint a label, you just cancel the first one and print and pay for another one. I have done it like three times myself.  Then in a few weeks you get your money back for the first one. I contacted my buyer immediately to let them know I missed up and what was going on. I can't believe they held onto your package and didn't mail it over something like that.  I am so sorry that is just unbelievable really.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 11:36:41 PM »
If they were printing many labels, it's possible tey didn't realize one failed to print. A lot of times the sellers who sell in bulk have things boxed up already. When you win, they write your name on the box. Then you pay, they print shipping, and they match the shipping labels to the names writte n on the boxes. So if there are many boxes or more than one person working, then I can see how it could get overlooked.

This doesn't excuse them, of course, but if they are high volume, they may heve seen the box with the name, and saw no matching label in the pile, and just assumed payment was pending.

They ought to have caught on after the 2nd or third time of looking at tht box. :( I would definitely leave them a low score on shipping speed.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 10:29:21 AM »
Did they actually send you a tracking number or are you just relying on their word that they did?  Keep us updated if things don't work out!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline klein

• Dolls & Ponies oh my!
    • View Profile
    • Pullipsandjunk
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 11:43:17 AM »
@tulagirl- I think what really got me was the thank you for contacting me so we get this sorted out at the end of the email as though I was to blame for the delay  :shocked:

@Maniah- I can understand how a package could be overlooked but not for almost two weeks, she didn't even reply to my email asking where the package was until two days later.

Did they actually send you a tracking number or are you just relying on their word that they did?  Keep us updated if things don't work out!
Both while she did give me a tracking number it doesn't seem to be working yet. If the ponies do not arrive by Friday I will be filing a paypal dispute.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 01:19:25 PM »
Good idea to keep an eye on your Paypal dispute window.  :)  Not to say the seller isn't having problems with the printable labels but still...  it's your money so make sure you at least get ponies for it! 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline klein

• Dolls & Ponies oh my!
    • View Profile
    • Pullipsandjunk
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2012, 02:40:51 PM »
Honestly I'm normally a pretty patient person but this transaction is making alarm bells go off in the back of my head, I'd be more patient if the seller had better communication with me, it wasn't such a large amount of money (about $80) and if I didn't just notice their name on the bad trader list.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2012, 06:50:42 PM »
that sounds really frustrating! It seems quite a long time for the parcel to be sitting around and for the seller not to notice what happened.... it might be a genuine mistake, but then again if they are on the bad trader list it doesnt hurt to be extra careful . Keep an eye on the new tracking info, and also on your paypal deadline . Lets hope that parcel arrives safely soon. Please let us know how it goes :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline klein

• Dolls & Ponies oh my!
    • View Profile
    • Pullipsandjunk
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2012, 12:55:44 PM »
The package actually arrived today, five of the seven ponies were fine but two of them had some issues it looked like one's head had been removed previously and reglued rather messily the last four or five plugs of hair are covered in hardened glue and the other pony looks to be covered in what is either cancer or some type of mold  >_< Not sure if I should mention it to the seller or not, as they do say
Ponies may have small or minor trims that I have missed; there may be minor fading, age spots, symbol rubs, hair frizz and dirt.  For the most part they are all very minor; any really poor condition or abused ponies have gone into bait lots and are indicated as so.

it goes beyond minor imo though as it's all along her underbelly and down on of her legs with more dots of it speckled throughout the pony.

Post Merge: September 24, 2012, 04:07:22 PM

Here's the one that had been glued

Here's the one with what is either mold or cancer on her I scrubbed her whatever it is like embedded in the plastic  :shocked: Please disregard the weird little curled line there was something on my lens and I didn't notice until after I uploaded the pics

Also of note the ponies were just in a bubble wrap mailer they were not wrapped separable at all so I hope whatever it is on the pony is not contagious.

My question is, is this consider normal acceptable condition?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 04:10:19 PM by klein »

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Anxious about an eBay purchase- ponies arrived but some have issues ^^;
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2012, 05:06:08 PM »
I consider the seller's statement on the ponies' condition a really unfair, poor description that doesn't actually say anything about the flaws on the individual ponies.  How hard is it really to jot down a few notes while looking them over?  But they *did* include it so you can't really file "not as described" with Ebay.   

Have you tried acetone (not on painted areas obviously) to remove the "smooze"?  I found that soaking ponies in some all-purpose cleaner for like, a week, and then scrubbing them with HOT water and toothpaste really helps to get that crud off them.  :)  Also acetone should help remove the glue messiness - sometimes the G1s came from the factory with bits of their mane glued into their hair plug but if you say the head is glued, I can't be sure...  Some of those heads are stuck on pretty tight!  Don't give up on them though!  They look very nice aside from the issues you've pointed out. 

Sorry to hear that your seller was on the Bad Trader List - my advice is to bookmark the file and check before you bid on anything listed on Ebay.  :)  There are just too many IDs to memorize and quite a number of them know all the Ebay/Paypal tricks to making your life stressful and difficult. 
The Bad Trader List

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2012, 06:27:09 PM »
Wow that isnt something small that could be easily overlooked :crazy:  I think i would message the seller about it . Start by mentioning something positve about the transaction , then go on to say  that unfortunately though you were disappointed with the condition of two of the ponies (or at least the one with the marks all over her) - describe the issues and include pics.  Then see how the seller responds ...
The marks.. I am ot sure what causes them - whether it is some kind of mold, but i had a pony arrive like that once too, and a soak in an Oxyclean/Vanish Oxy-Action (pink tub) bath, followed by a good scrub with Cif cream (if its available where you live) , got rid of most of it ;) Sunfading could possibly take care of the rest.  But before you do anything , I would wait and see what the seller has to say   :awake:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2012, 07:08:01 PM »
I am sorry but that is not minor.  That is obvious.  Those two ponies are really special too.  Blaaaaa bad seller

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2012, 07:59:25 AM »
I am going to have to agree that the condition of those two ponies is not acceptable.  I am sorry but even with the loose description Baby Fleecy is a nightmare.  That isn't a may or may not have age marks, dirt etc.  It is a Yes she does have marks! It's not hard to type out a description instead of using the same one for every pony.

But I would do as Ringlets suggested, email them and express your concerns. If they will not work with you then I suggest adding their name to this thread.   
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2012, 12:37:53 PM »
Is this the lot from Delaneys?  I have never had a problem with them, but I know they sell TONS of ponies.  From what I've heard, they are always really good about coming to a solution when buyers are unsatisfied.  I think the problem is more in the sheer volume that they deal with, not that they are trying to scam you. 

Either way, I would show the seller a picture, and write a nice letter.  You can probably work out a partial refund.

Offline klein

• Dolls & Ponies oh my!
    • View Profile
    • Pullipsandjunk
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2012, 10:29:09 PM »
Thanks for the advice, I have wrote the seller expressing my concern about baby Fleecy (I feel the other pony is more fixable) and am awaiting a response.

Post Merge: September 26, 2012, 06:13:22 AM

The seller replied this morning, she is going to send me a replacement Baby Fleecy.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 06:13:22 AM by klein »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal