collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is this wierd?  (Read 1346 times)

Offline hellapostalia

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • Hello sweetie...
    • View Profile
Is this wierd?
« on: September 21, 2012, 06:55:44 PM »
So, I display my ponies in 15 or so custom made glass/wood trimmed floor to ceiling cases in the pony room. I could never afford to buy the cases (soooooo expensive!!!!), so I was lucky enough to be able to barter with a neighbor (who happened to be a carpenter) about 10 years ago. I'd teach his daughter to play the piano every week (I'm a classical composer and pianist) and he'd pay - not in cash, but in display cases for my beloved ponies!!!

It took about 3 years, but I finally got all of my cases... I now display all of my G1's and G2's there (not G3's yet... still waiting to collect the whole lot MIB... only a few left..., and then I'll have a marathon de-boxing day!!).

The cabinets were designed to have a front glass panel as well, so all ponies are completely encased. But the front panel can be opened whenever I'd like to switch up my display or add new beauties to the herd.

So, what I'd like to know is... is it weird or strange that each night before I go to bed, I go into my pony room and open the doors (ever so slightly) to all of my pony cabinets? I just feel like even though they're not in boxes, they're still in display cases, and I want them to run free at night ~ kind of like Night at the Museum or Toy Story. Almost as if, when I'm not looking, they'll all hang out at the show stable or the castle or jump out of their cases and have a grand old time until I get up the next morning and close the cases again.

Is it weird? Or do I just love ponies too much? Or should I make an appointment immediately with a therapist?  :lol:
:biggrin:

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
Re: Is this wierd?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 07:08:04 PM »
Definitely not weird at all. I think they really appreciate it! :D

I think it is great to have imagination and be able to play with it. You are totally fine!! I would love to see these display cases, they sound wonderful (If you want to share, I love looking at displays). ^-^

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 07:14:11 PM »
I used to swallow gummy bears whole so they wouldn't die and could build little houses in my tummy. I still can't eat anything that is adorable looking. Weird is a pretty relative term but I don't think it's weird at all.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 07:18:31 PM »
I almost talk to mine now and then and I dream of them too, in dreams I always have fun with them.

Offline hellapostalia

• Dance N' Prance Pony
  • Hello sweetie...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 07:24:42 PM »
Oh Good! I'm used to being labeled as 'strange' by non-musicians b/c I write opera and performance art pieces, but it's nice to know that the pony community is accepting of all lovers of MLP despite their day jobs!! :)

@StarDragon ~ I am INCREDIBLY low tech, but my husband is a computer programmer by trade and loves photography. He and I need to have a day where we take pics of the pony room! I always sigh when I see posts in the Corral asking for pics and I'm like, "oooh! I have her! I want to post it!" But alas, not yet. Maybe if we get a major snowstorm this winter we'll have a self-imposed pony photo day!!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 07:27:11 PM »
I think it's sweet that you give them the opportunity to wander if they'd like!
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2012, 07:57:49 PM »
Not strange at all hunny!  I am so wanting to see pictures of your custom built cabinets!  I think it's wonderful that you and your neighbor were able to help each other.  How long have you been collecting?? 

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Flutterwonder13

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2012, 08:25:56 PM »
'course not! But we're all a bit loopy here.... :drunk: Is it weird that I think of my ponies as my "daughters"? I mean, I'm just playing around, or course.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2012, 09:07:24 PM »
I think it's sweet.  :)

My g1s are displayed in the closet but I tell them goodnight before I go to bed sometimes. . .
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2012, 09:41:10 PM »
I think it's really sweet too, not weird! I think we should all let our imaginations loose to play just like your ponies ^.^
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline hellapostalia

• Dance N' Prance Pony
  • Hello sweetie...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2012, 10:15:32 PM »
You guys are awesome :) Feeling the pony love, thanks soooo much!! 

@Michelle53 ~ been collecting for 15 or 16 years now... First felt the MLP bug when I was a child... my first ponies were baby cotton candy, Honeysuckle, Moonstone and SS Heartthrob :) The rest, as they say, is history. :)

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2012, 11:07:29 PM »
No you aren't-I say 'good morning', 'good night' and  'hello' to my ponies. I used to have my ponies in a cabinet too and did the same thing as you-during daytime as well :P

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2012, 11:16:15 PM »
I approve of this practice. Of course, my mindset just assumes that everything - and I mean everything -  is"alive" or has a spirit of some sort. I know they don't, but I always treat my objects as if they were sentient, just in case.  ^.^ (I mean, I can still throw things away, because that's life, but sometimes I apologize for it.) I always said "thank you" to the automatic soap dispensers after they were installed in my old dorm...I didn't even think when this happened. If your practice is weird, we can be weird together!
I'll put something here some time

anna4810

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2012, 02:52:57 AM »
no not at all i talk to mine when im cleaning them or washing/brushing there hair for the first time after getting them in the post my boyfriend is used to it he finds it a little funny but hes actually starting to like my ponies he knows most of there names lol

Offline Eldarwen

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2012, 02:54:39 AM »
Dont worry, its not weird! I talk to my ponies and im sure they're soo happy when I restore a pony in bad condition. I just saw Toy Story 3 and I almost cried because I couldnt help but think how happy my ponies are now that they're beautiful again and together with other pony friends.  :lol:

And yeah, I dream about ponies.. mostly about flea market finds though.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 02:57:10 AM by Evelynea »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal