collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Weird things your pets do... =)  (Read 5397 times)

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: Weird things your pets do... =)
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2012, 07:20:01 AM »
Our window curtains go all the way to the floor. He likes to get behind the curtains and pull them around him and make a little doggy fort.

Englishgothgirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2012, 07:28:02 AM »
I have a sphynx cat who says "brown" instead of meow
a sphynx cat who sucks his own nipples like a dummy
and a pug who brings me her fork when she wants feeding
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

she also sits on my OH's drums when she's playing

sunbathes in the windowsill with the cat

sleeps with the cat

Even uses the scratching post  :huh:

Offline Princess-Sparkles

• Princess pony from Aus
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic expert. ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2012, 07:36:28 AM »
My Husky pup, Scarlett, crosses her paws. She being lady like. ;)

The doggy one the left is Scarlett. I love this photo!!
Thank you SDS for my Princess Sparke avatar and thank you Shenanigans for my signature. ^_^
~My want list

Wanted: Baby Cotton Candy and Bowties with bad hair and hair cuts. :)

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2012, 09:34:50 AM »
Aww gothpony your pug is so cute. XD
And aww at the paw crossing husky, I know a few dogs who do that.

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2012, 03:04:38 PM »
Hah! That pug is so cute- hysterical that he brings a fork when he is hungry-
I like the way Sphynx cats feel- like velvet!  I have heard though they can be as problematic as bengals...

Poor Maddy cat all tied up!!

Rosencranz- your cats are so cute all sacked out

Princess Sparkles- your dogs are beautiful and cute- but alas not weird, lol

Offline MidnightFireflies

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Professional Pony Archer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2012, 04:26:43 PM »
I love all of these stories!! They are so funny! I also love seeing pictures of everyone's pets!

Every great dream begins with a dreamer, [you]. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars and to change the world.

Offline LeighAnnApanites

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "...there is too much, let me sum up."
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2012, 10:15:18 PM »
These are such great stories and pics. Thanks for brightening my day, everybody!

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2012, 11:16:11 AM »
Gary's such a silly kitty. :lovey:

We think he has OCD, as he washes himself so much!! He sometimes thinks he's a dog and chases his tail.. he's also known to do forwards rolls whilst playing, and he used to try and drag my mom's fork to his mouth when she was eating (he probably still does!). Sometimes he walks into a room with a mouthful of food, still chewing! When he's having a bad dream he snuffles and squeaks and flails around.

He does something mom calls his 'Elvis impression' - if you call his name, on the odd occasion he'll turn his head and do the lip curl Elvis used to do!! XD

He likes being danced with, and being gently swung from side to side.. he allows me to rock him like a baby also, and sometimes falls asleep in my arms ^.^
Fight like a girl..

Offline Cassie85

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2012, 03:15:01 PM »
My male cat, Butters, plays fetch. You throw his ball and he'll chase it and bring it back to you. He also licks furniture.
My other cat, Annchen, eats cotton candy. She will snub her nose to chicken and fish, but goes bonkers for cotton candy.
3ds 4613-8386-9357
AC Town Galifrey

Offline Twizel

• Switchblade Kitten
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • This crown gives me a feeling of power! POWER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2012, 06:57:17 PM »
lol this is a cute topic.

My cat Ferdinand chases flies and spiders, but then doesn't know how to kill them. He tries somewhat unsuccessfully to eat them. He is very aggressive within the house (its his turf lol), but if you open the door to let him outside, he'll take one step outside, and then slink back in, all cowardly. He hates it when men come over (he got used to living with small women lol), and will hide in all sorts of unlikely places. For example, he has been found between the mattress and the headboard, in a closet with his nose to the wall, inside the wall of the couch, and inside a box spring mattress. Finally, his strongest sign of affection is when he sucks your thumb.

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2012, 09:04:19 PM »
Princess-Sparkles, my dog is named Scarlett too! She's a red doberman and I have wanted one for a long time :D She's a big dufus, though and has this crazy anti-aircraft neurosis. We live next to a baseball field and sometimes our neighbors go fly remote control model airplanes out there. She goes INSANE if she sees it. No force in the world could stop her from running around trying to catch it. It's hilarious to watch how intent she is on catching that plane. She will plow over people and once she ran over the operator of the airplane.

My kitties are new, so we don't have a ton of stories about them yet, but I do have piccys of our house panthers...
Severus, my snuggly, super-soft kitty

and Miss Poe (she came with the name)

Miss Poe has been known to lay on her side and chase her tail like she's break-dancing. She also chases the squirrels in our trees by shimmying sideways hanging from her claws. We adopted both cats from our local shelter a couple of months ago and we just love them. Poe has since gotten a sparkly pink collar that suits her better :)

Offline Squirrelypaws

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2012, 10:32:04 PM »
Oh, gosh. I could seriously write a book about weird things my pets do. Mostly my cats.

Plum Loco does what I call "flying hugs". She will literally launch herself from the floor, wrap her paws around my neck, and hug me. Then she climbs up on my shoulder and will actually balance herself there as I walk around.

Pippi really really likes water. She has to "help" every time someone showers. And not just watch. Nooooo, that'd be normal. This little monster will actually get right on the edge of the tub and sit there, batting at the water. There's even been instances where she's gotten right IN the shower; she sits on my grandma's shower chair.

Fancy taught herself to pee in the toilet. I'm totally serious here; we never once attempted to train her to do it. I heard the tinkling one day when I knew nobody was in the bathroom, went to investigate, and there's Fancy finishing up her business. She doesn't do it every time she goes, but she has done it multiple times.

Smudgie had "pet" glow-in-the-dark spiders from our Halloween decorations that she carried everywhere. Didn't want anything else, just those spiders; she gave me dirty looks when I offered her a non-glowing one to replace the one she'd batted under the fridge. I think the glow stuff must have been attractive to her.

Monkey somehow managed to turn a coffee can into a litter box. We're talking very large cat and rather small coffee can here, too. No clue how he managed that.

Creamora likes to sleep in bowls, buckets, small totes... Anything that she can cram herself into and curl up in.

Cowboy was madly in love with our Husky, Lucky. I mean, literally; he'd climb all over him, cuddle him, knead his fur. Luck tolerated it pretty well, never hurt him or anything, but somehow I don't think the feeling was entirely mutual.

Chomper thought she was married to me or something. She slept with me every night, and she'd bite me if I so much as looked at one of our other cats.

Yeah... I have strange animals.
**Formerly known as GryffindorHermione**
~*{Squirrely's Stuff For Sale}*~
Ponies ;; Dolls ;; Other Toys

Offline Sea_Breeze

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2012, 01:57:10 AM »
We have an office cat called Missy, who we think was thrown from the nearby bridge as a kitten. We took her in and she's been with us ever since, she's 12 now.

But her quirky feature is her ability to basically kick box without drawing blood, so she nuzzles her head in your hand then front paws wrap around the wrist while the back legs kick along your forearm, kinda like a rabbit..all without a single scratch!!! Thats right a fighting cat that won't scratch, she's a real dag. Although now that she's getting a bit older she is starting to loose her control a teeny bit.
Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears - anonymous

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2012, 09:11:41 PM »
My cats deposit pony tail holders, rubber bands, and bangles into their water dish.  One time there were five pony tail holders in there at once.

They also eat and poop out/vomit up gross things, like rubber bands, paper, lengths of ribbon, and other stuff from the trash.  Another gross thing they like to do is to kick turds out of the litter box and then play with them.   >_<  They're so cute but so nasty sometimes!

Offline Binkyfinder

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+35)
    • View Profile
    • http://stores.ebay.com/Binkyfinders-Toy-Chest_W0QQsspagenameZMEQ3aFQ3aSTQQtZkm
« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2012, 10:41:32 PM »
I used to have a pair of cockatiels that would appear to read the newspaper every single evening - and spent over an hour doing so. 

My senegal parrot will tell my kiddos when it's bedtime and will squawk at them until they're in their bedrooms.  I'm not sure why since he seems to enjoy their presence during the day. 

Thanks Baby Paradise for the siggy!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal