collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Weird things your pets do... =)  (Read 5426 times)

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
Re: Weird things your pets do... =)
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2012, 12:00:11 AM »
Jack is a short hair brown tabby with wall eyes (one is blue & one yellow) he has so many odd habits, such a strange boy. He has been part of our family since a kitten, and is turning 14 later this year.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

*He learnt to shake & hi 5 like a dog.
*He makes strange little noises as he gets around / every time he jumps, its like a rolling sould, kinda *drrrp* its bloody strange lol.
*He likes to sleep on my bed with me which isn't an issue, he generally sleeps on my feet, and if its a cold night, my belly or hip depending on how I lay, well I turn alot in my sleep as I get alot of pain in the same position for too long, he literally has a temper tantrum and stomps on the bed until I settle again lol.
*He likes to sit up at the table if me & my parents are having a coffee together as though he is one of us humans, he looks at us whilst we talk as though he is following the conversations we have lol.
*He likes to come into the bathroom and wait whilst I have a shower, he demands pats as I undress & dry off, he just quietly sits on top of the box next to the shower and waits.
*He LOVES stuffed toys, especially my tiger that I sleep with. He cuddles up with them, its super cute. I was walking through the house one day with an armfull of plushies and a small stuffed duck fell on the floor, on my way back through, he was playing with it, batting it from one side of the room to the other, so I let him have it, its now "jacks duck" lol.
*I often wake up in the morning to him sitting on the headboard of my bed watching me, its very strange and not very nice to know you were being watched whilst you slept lol.

His sister Darla Boo is just as crazy, but in different ways

*She LOVES groceries, when we come in with shopping bags she always runs to the kitchen so she can watch us unpack.
*She hates me & my mother, but absolutely adores my dad. She watches him, to the point its creepy.
*She climbs the front screen door at times (its security mesh, so she can't damage it) and then meows for someone to pick her up, when you go to pick her up she sticks her bum out for some reason lol, she really is strange.
*She will sometimes run so quickly through the house (they are all inside kitties, and we have hard floors throughout the house) her legs slip out from under her.

And miss Tiffany, our rescue cat, we took her on at the grand age of 13, she is now 17.

*She sits on your chest with her chest in your face whilst you try your best to watch tv
*She likes to lick your nose when you sleep
*She has only pooped in her kitty litter about 3 times in 4 years, she always goes "beside" it, on the tiles (thankfully it is easy to clean up)
*She likes to have her gums rubbed
*She is a show pony when she knows we have visitors (she is deaf, so sometimes sleeps through it)
*She has a habbit of bopping the other two cats on the head, it is always quiet soft, and looks like she is patting them, but very fast and with hissing lol.
*She likes to "wipe her nose" on you
*If we give her a treat, but she is sleeping, we put it under her nose & she wakes up snapping at air, its like a turtle lol.
*She likes to sit on my mums arms and "help" her play her online game, she loves my mother to bits. It drives mum nuts, but I can't help but crack up & sing the lumberjack song, she is such a big, butch thing that every time she walks into the room you expect it to start blurting out of somewhere XD
*She is very amusing to watch when she runs. She likes to do what we call a "victory lap" of the house after she has pooped on the floor.

I know they all have more strange habits, but I can't think of them right now.

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2012, 12:05:46 AM »
Younger cat Simba, 8 months, like to climb on chairs and shelves and play. For example he likes to hang on the back of a chair and chase his own tail.

Older boy, Ninja, one year, likes to watch us shower.

Oldest cat Tarzan, soon to be 11, likes my boyfriend a lot. Like I've had her since she was newborn, but John is the ones she comes to and listens to and cuddles up to everytime she gets a chance, she even sleeps on his tummy which she never does on mine. Except at bedtime, then she sleeps at my side.

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2012, 12:13:24 AM »
My 7 year old Westie Barney does the following:
Refuses to drink water from any bowl that isn't his but willingly drinks from puddes and rivers
Attempts to eat flies
If he's wet he'll run against the skirting board in an attempt to get dry

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2012, 01:52:38 AM »
My cat Roxy drinks water from any glass that I may leave around the place, which is problematic as I like to have water by the bed at night but it's a risk of "has this had cat face in it?" when I want a drink :P

She also makes a sound like a velociraptor (sp?) when she chases flies.

Max, one of my other cats likes to watch people on the toilet and will put his paws on the toilet seat between your knees and kiss you while you pee :P

Magpie, our third cat, does a 'silent meow' which is too cute for words - she opens her mouth really wide like she's going to meow but no sound comes out :P

Offline WildBlue

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Possibly maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2012, 03:25:02 AM »
We have five cats, but my cat Trey is probably the weirdest. Trey is my little shadow, but my boyfriends taught him to do some tricks.
When he pulls his collar off he gets feisty. He has hid a few collars. We call it being a nakie wild cat when they take their collars off. He thinks it is a game and will run around with his collar in his mouth like a trophy. Or if you are trying to put his collar back on he will run away.
Trey cat also is a parrot. He will sit or stand on your shoulders like a parrot. My boyfriend is just over six feet tall and Trey will jump straight up from the floor and land on his shoulders.
He has kitty soft paws. He is very gentle when he does it.
Trey also sleeps on his own face, sometimes on my face, on the key board, in my fruit bowls, towel baskets, sink, boxes. Any small container that he can squeeze into he will fall asleep in.
One of the computers has touch screen. We had to turn it off because he will touch screen.
I have to keep the toilet seats closed because he likes to play in the toilet bowl.... yuck!
He attacks the water bowl when it makes a glug sound when the bowl refills. Then he dumps all the water on the floor.
He opens drawers and cabinets.
We have a potato box that has a front door that closes with a magnet. He pulls it open all the time and it hits the floor with a loud thud. The other day I know he was just doing it to annoy me. I tried to pull it open before he could and the little brat pushed it closed instead. LOL  :biggrin:
Spoiled!
ETA: classic cat in sink picture....This is my little beast Trey.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 03:33:20 AM by WildBlue »

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2012, 03:52:15 AM »
WildBlue - Trey sounds like such a character :D

My boy jack opens stuff too, wardrobes and cupboards mainly that are closed with magnets, he gets his claw in the crack and you hear a clicking noise until he opens it and crawls in lol.

Such a pretty kitty he is :D I love tabbies! Ive always said I will never be without one, we have jack and the two girls are muted calies, calico's are cute, but bloody full of themselves lol.

Offline WildBlue

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Possibly maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2012, 04:25:17 AM »
Hello fingerpaints - I saw the pictures you put of your cats. I thought it was kind of funny because Trey has a sister named Darla Binks aka Binky Boo and you have a sister cat named Darla Boo. Too cute! Your cats are very pretty. Jack's eyes are amazing.
I love tabbies also. I have 3 tabbies that are related - 2 boys and a girl. When they were kittens they each had to have their own color collars. I could not tell them apart then. lol

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2012, 04:32:14 AM »
Hello fingerpaints - I saw the pictures you put of your cats. I thought it was kind of funny because Trey has a sister named Darla Binks aka Binky Boo and you have a sister cat named Darla Boo. Too cute! Your cats are very pretty. Jack's eyes are amazing.
I love tabbies also. I have 3 tabbies that are related - 2 boys and a girl. When they were kittens they each had to have their own color collars. I could not tell them apart then. lol

lol - that is so strange XD

Oh yeah I totally understand with the collar thing, Tiffany & Darla Boo (although they are not related) I still mix up from time to time, they do have obvious differences if you know them as well as we all do, but they are so similar in resemblence. When I brought Tiffany home, my dad did not know she was coming, and I took her in to the kitchen (he was preparing dinner) and said "dad meet Tiffany" he had a quick glampse and said "its Boo" I said "dad, have another look, this is Tiffany, she is a new cat" he had a look and said "Oh, she is too" lol.

Jack and Darla Boo were both feeding off mummy cat together when we went to choose a kitten, and decided we couldn't split them up, we wanted a male and Jack was the only boy in the litter, the rest were all longhaired females, and I fell in love with Boo, so took her home as well. None of the other kittens were Callico's though, all white with either grey tabby or ginger markings, all very pretty though. Jack with his eyes though, he was just such an unushual little guy, he was actually quiet an ugly ducking, I found him cute, but others said he looked all out of proportion, he has grown into quiet a handsome boy though, but I may be biased ;) cause I am his mummy lol.

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2012, 06:04:38 AM »
I have an 8 year old orange tabby.  His name is Victor.  We got him at Petsmart when he was 13 weeks old.  Ever since we got him he would put his arms up to me like a little kid to be picked up.  He still does it and because it's over weight it gets harder to pick him up.  :P  He's an indoor cat.  He also talks to you sometimes.  Sometimes he yells at you too like if he's somewhere he's not supposed to be and you tell him to get down or get out he'll meow back like he's yelling at you.

Victor also likes to have a shower every morning.  My Mom turns on the faucet to the shower so it's dripping and my cat goes in there and washes his face and paws.  The door to the shower is a sliding glass door and if you don't let him in he bangs his paws on the door so it rattles.  But, if you try to give him a bath he freaks out as most cats do with water.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 06:06:39 AM by Majesty »

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2012, 07:23:18 AM »
Our cat Mystic LOVES shoes. She doesn't chew them or destroy, she just lays near them / on them / hugs them.

One bun, Chaos, demands attention/head rubs when he wants them. For a couple weeks I couldn't go to bed without giving him a little rub - if I did he would stomp and carry on until I got out of bed and gave him a rub.

All of our animals have their own little quirks, but we love them. :)
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2012, 08:00:05 AM »
Pixel loves my pillow.  It's one of those microbead ones that conform to your head/kitty body.  I frequently wake up with only a corner as she has stolen the rest.  If she is not there, she is under the covers, behind my knees.  But, I have to lift the covers for her to get there.  She will paw the blankets until I do. 
Sophia is a klutzy kitten.  Last night she came streaking into the bathroom, tried to jump onto the toilet.  Instead, skidded right over it, tripped over the plunger, then tried to hop on the edge of the tub, instead went tush over teakettle into it.  And me without a video camera.
:socks:   :frog:

Offline Malancaiwen

• Celtic pony
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2012, 09:13:50 AM »
My dog is afraid of wind. She'll run for shelter on windy days, she'll run away if you gently blow on her (no matter where, can be on the face or on her butt, it's equally scary).

We adopted her and don't know much about her early life, she's very sweet and loves us (mostly me :p) but she can't be forced to do anyhting. I taught her to give her paw for some food, she won't do it if she knows there's no other reward than a good belly rub (she loves it tough).
She'll also go away and give a puppy sad face when scolded.

She's the cutest dog I've ever met and the first dog I really have a bond with.

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2012, 09:57:04 AM »
My cats act like cartoon characters, there's never a dull moment having them in my life. :) All cats are very aware of their names and will come individually and immediately when you call them.

Noisy Smile by WhiteNoise_85, on Flickr

My cat Noisy loves to go for walks and is leash-trained. If I go to reach for his harness he starts freaking out and pacing until I lower it for him and he slips his head through for me to fasten it. He then proceeds to drag me across the apartment and down the stairs like a dog, lol. My neighbors probably think I'm crazy, especially since he's been wearing a little turtleneck sweater when he goes outside now because of the weather and the fact that his breed doesn't have an undercoat for warmth.

He also:

-Takes showers with me in the morning and plays in any water he can find.
-Is extremely curious and can open any cabinet, drawer, or door in the house, so there's child locks on everything. My friend jokes that he must be part raccoon.
-Will jump from the floor to the top of a door frame and hang out there, swatting playfully at anyone who walks under him.
-Will squeeze himself into any discarded boxes laying around, or attempt to. Whenever I'm trying to pack items for shipping I have to shoo him away because he tries to test them all.
-If I'm putting makeup on in the morning, he will come and sit next to the mirror I'm using and purr about two inches from my face. If I'm watching TV, he'll stand in front of the screen. If I'm on the computer, he'll try to sleep on the keyboard.
-Loves wearing pet clothes and has no shame about it.
-Loves taking baths and purrs when you're lathering him up. He grew up as a show cat, so it's probably a part of it.
-Is freakishly strong. He's naturally a very long and  lean cat so many people have commented to me on how he "needs to eat more", until they pick him up and learn that he's 10 lbs of pure muscle. It's taken five adults to hold him down for blood work or to administer medicine when he was sick.
-Has to eat in the bedroom and will herd you in there if you have his food dish. I don't know where this quirk came from.
-Slams on our alarm clock's buttons in the morning until it goes off. The thought process being that my bf feeds the cats first thing when he gets up, so Noisy tries to expedite the process.
-Snatches any flying insects in mid air. I rarely have found any kind of bug in my house since we brought him home.
-Likes to sit on your shoulder and will jump from the floor to your shoulder sometimes to hang out. My bf taught him to jump and monkey-grab his outstretched arm and shimmy down to his hand for cat treats.
-Will stand on his hind legs and pull repeatedly on the back of my shirt when I'm working in the kitchen to see what I'm doing. Scared the heck out of me the first time he did it because I was home alone and thought someone was standing behind me.

Miss Granger by WhiteNoise_85, on Flickr

Hermione, the youngest of my other kitties, is the biggest baby of a cat I've ever owned. She has to know where you are at all times when you're home or else she panic-cries until she finds you. Once you're in the room, if you're not fawning all over her or picking her up for cuddles she whines and nips at your ankles until you're paying attention to her. Sometimes she'll even latch to your leg like a little kid and you can literally pull her as you walk, lol.

She kneads on any surface and will "attack-knead" you once she catches you sitting down. It's funny to look at her "sitting still" in a room looking at you, because she can't stop moving her paws, they're always going. She also has an obsession with trying to suck on our faces when we're sleeping. I have to blow in her face to get her to stop.

We call her the "interior decorator" because she likes to haul objects to different points in the house. If you move them back to where they go, she'll do it all over again. Every morning I wake up to the couch pillows in the kitchen, her cat bed on the other side of the living room, our clothes from the bathroom hamper under the kitchen table, blankets moved from one couch over to another, slippers in random places, drinking glasses rolled to different rooms, etc. It's annoying, yet funny when you catch her doing it, but it's something she's done ever since she was a kitten (when her size made it even more hilarious) so we're used to it.

She also stashes objects. Whenever I'm missing a piece of jewelry or something small, I know she's taken it. She has a few hoarding spaces where I know to look whenever I'm cleaning the house. I'll almost always find something of mine in these spots.

She's terrified of the sound of plastic bags and will go skidding out of the room whenever she hears one. She likes to tip over drinks if they're left unattended so you need to watch her. Will occasionally play fetch if she's in the mood.

Nina Glow by WhiteNoise_85, on Flickr

Nina, my other female cat is very quirky and a bit of a diva. She was the only one that came to us as an adult and we had to learn her "rules."

-Likes to be held, but this is only if you're sitting on the floor. If you're sitting on the couch, this is a big no.
-Will only drink spring water from a clear glass, and it has to be fresh. If the other cats have touched it, it's then tainted and no good. If it's tap water, she'll literally make a scoffing sound, though she will drink from the sink.
-Will not use the litter box if anyone is within eye/ear sight. Will jump out and wait for you to leave if you enter the room and she's about to do her business.
-Food plates must be flat, if there's a depth at all to it, she'll turn her nose up at it. She also gets bored with being fed the same type of food for too long, so we have to switch it up every now and then to keep her interested.
-Has a certain time every day that she wants attention, can not be before or after this time or she gets bent out of shape.
-Other cats can't look at, or so much as breathe the same air as her or she starts growling and walks away in a huff. She won't fight with them, just treats them like an annoyance (unless it's cold weather, then she begrudgingly uses them for warmth).
-If you're eating anything she wants she will flip over on her back and air-knead to beg for it. Just about the only time she'll lower herself, lol.
-Likes to lay near you at night, but if you touch her it's over and she's gone, lol.
-Loves children and gets giddy when my friends' kids come over.
-Loves MLP's (we suspect it's the hair) and goes into a type of catnip high whenever I give one to her.
-Loves collars and intentionally tries to make her bell jingle whenever she's wearing one. I put a little rhinestone heart charm on her collar once and I caught her admiring herself in my bedroom mirror soon after.
-Goes catatonic when she's frightened. My vet can literally do anything to her once she's in "survival mode."
-Is terrified of my geckos and gets wide-eyed and fluffed out when you get one near her.
-Learned the command "sit" for her food.
-Is easy to pose for photos and will do whatever you want her to as long as you're gentle with her. When I try to take photos of other things she will try and get in front of me because she's so used to the camera and the attention she gets.
-Likes to watch TV and listen to music and will come running when either is on. She spent a year in  a cat hotel before we brought her home and they used both as a means of entertainment for the cats.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 11:51:24 AM by Mandy85 »

Offline Eluluu

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • should be sculpting... ooh! Netflix!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2012, 10:37:45 AM »

hmm... lets see... off the top of my head, Cubby's quirks are:

he gets super excited when we get home with groceries... and will find the bag with the bag of potatoes in it... even if we try to hide or camoflage it... and will give it loveys, headbutts and headrubs and evenutally will just lay on it. if we move it onto the table hell follow it and repeat the process... throughout the week well find cubby sleeping on the bag haha

we buy him a ton of toys, which he has zero interest in... he just wants a rubberband. ill get him going with a lazer pointer once in a while.

hes an arm sleeper too... hell start pushing me with his head until i shift and give him his arm so he can lay down. hell follow me as i toss and turn, hes taught me to scoop him up when i flip over so he still has an arm. most of the time im not even really awake when i do it now haha

he wont drink out of a waterbowl. we have to leave a faucet trickling for him, and sometimes hell boss us to turn on a different tap somewhere in the house, like the water is coming from somewhere else =P when we moved to a friends for a temporary thing and brought him with he wouldnt drink from the sinks cause they were deeper and just not HIS... now hell only drink from my glass of water... so i make sure to have a full glass with me wherever i am so hell have something... sometimes hell sit by me, staring at me, until i take an obvious sip from the glass, THEN hell drink it cause its mine.

he chews on crunchy plastic... like the plastic rings on tubs of dip etc... i let him play with them for a little while then take them away before he eats them... hell do the same thing with the clear plastic wrapping on cigarrette packs. i yell at the bf and roommate to throw that stuff away immediately cause he WILL find and eat it... i know, ive cleaned it up when hes hacked it back up again. =/

hes a creative begger... he wont ust run up to you and stare at your food... he will sloooowly creep up until hes sitting almost on you... then sloooooowly lean in..... and slooooowly move the paw up to your hand with the fork in it... and sloooowly grab you by the wrist or hand, and try to pull your hand to him. we're like, 'we can see you... youre not being sneaky' but he thinks hes a ninja. XD

he will do anything for a potato chip... especially Pringles.

he follows me literally EVERYWHERE i go... if i go in a room, that door better be open or hell cry like holy hell and scratch at the door or wall until i let him in... he does the same thing when i go to the bathroom, i have to lean over and crack the door for him to sneak in, then hell sit on my lap. nothing like icey kitty paws on your legs on a winters night when youre trying to go potty. the roommate thought i was joking til he saw the cat demand entrance to the bathroom with me.

im sure theres more... but thats the big stuff. =P

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2012, 10:43:22 AM »
One of my dogs, Sprocket, ( a papillion) is one of the weirdest dogs I know.

He is obsessed with his toy rat that my mom got him in Arkansas. It looks exactly like a real rat, and he LOVES it. He sits on the back of the sofa, and bites on it REALLY hard, and starts squealing like a chicken being slaughtered.  >_<

And one time, we put an ice cream cone around his muzzle. It was hilarious! XD

EDIT: I have more :D

Snoopy, one of my 4 cats, is well, a scaredy cat when it comes to thunderstorms. He hides behind the toilet for hours at a time.. I've even seen him hide in the bathtub once or twice.. XD
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 10:45:19 AM by JigglesTheCat »
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal