collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Weird things your pets do... =)  (Read 5427 times)

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Weird things your pets do... =)
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2012, 10:53:38 AM »
Mark McGwire (orange tabby) will chase the CNN scroll.  First he tries to catch it with a paw on the right side of the screen.  Then he tries the left side.  When that fails, he goes to the side of the tv and waits for it to come out.  Fun to watch, but even more so when you know he is blind in one eye.
Lily Blossom is a MLP fan.  She loves to pull them off the shelf.  Turn on the train and she is there, trying to derail it.  DH has a mouse game on his IPad, she loves it.
:socks:   :frog:

Offline MidnightFireflies

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Professional Pony Archer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2012, 11:22:49 AM »
Oh My Gosh! All these stories are GREAT!!!!!!

Aslan:
          *will also pee in the bathtub right by the drain. He only uses the litterbox to poop in. (Why?!?!?!?)
          * If he starts yowling, I yowl back at him and he comes right to me
           * Chews plastic bags for some unknown reason

Snickers:
       *comes when she's called
       * So picky about her food it drives me crazy sometimes and I want to pull my hair out! She'll be by her food and will continue to meow for something when she already has like 5 different choices
       * Will crawl under my covers to sleep
       * Occasionally will give me kitty massages by kneading my back if im on my stomach
       * is the best rodent catcher I have ever seen. Even though she has no front claws
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Every great dream begins with a dreamer, [you]. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars and to change the world.

Offline Eldarwen

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2012, 01:04:00 PM »
My chocolate lab loves ponies. He just stares at my pony collection and begs for ponies. I sometimes let him look at them and smell them and he just loves it. He would just lick them all day long if i let him.  :lol: I know he would never chew them or anything, he doesnt destroy stuff. (unlike my younger lab, i bet his dream is to destroy my pony collection)

Even in this pic he is just staring at the rest of my pony collection. As you can see, Bright eyes just got a dog spa day.  :biggrin:

Offline WildBlue

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Possibly maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2012, 02:03:07 PM »

lol - that is so strange XD

Oh yeah I totally understand with the collar thing, Tiffany & Darla Boo (although they are not related) I still mix up from time to time, they do have obvious differences if you know them as well as we all do, but they are so similar in resemblence. When I brought Tiffany home, my dad did not know she was coming, and I took her in to the kitchen (he was preparing dinner) and said "dad meet Tiffany" he had a quick glampse and said "its Boo" I said "dad, have another look, this is Tiffany, she is a new cat" he had a look and said "Oh, she is too" lol.

Jack and Darla Boo were both feeding off mummy cat together when we went to choose a kitten, and decided we couldn't split them up, we wanted a male and Jack was the only boy in the litter, the rest were all longhaired females, and I fell in love with Boo, so took her home as well. None of the other kittens were Callico's though, all white with either grey tabby or ginger markings, all very pretty though. Jack with his eyes though, he was just such an unushual little guy, he was actually quiet an ugly ducking, I found him cute, but others said he looked all out of proportion, he has grown into quiet a handsome boy though, but I may be biased ;) cause I am his mummy lol.

Yeah it is strange! I have not met too many cats named Darla.
That is too funny what you did to your dad with Tiffany. I bet that was fun.
That must have been such a sweet site seeing Jack and Darla Boo nursing together.
Trey, Reuben, and Darla were born under our porch steps so we did not get to see them nursing. The mother was either stray or feral and after a while she disappeared or stopped coming. So we had to get them out, which was easy because when my boyfriend pulled up the porch boards they crawled right out. The first one came out with a big meow. They were just too cute. We did not want to split them up either, so I know what you mean about that!! Plus, I like knowing where they are and that they are healthy and happy.
Darla Binks had some kind of creepy parasite in her neck as a kitten though. It was very yucky.

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2012, 07:20:52 PM »
my dog needs to have a beenie baby in his mouth at ALL times

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2012, 10:52:54 PM »
My dog Moose does a few weird things...

• He comes running when he hears the dishwasher being opened, he likes to try and lick the dishes whether they're clean or dirty. It doesn't matter where he is or how quietly you open it, he will hear the dishwasher being opened from the backyard and shoot all the way through the house at top speed to get to it before you shut it.
  • He talks back a lot. If you imitate his grumbly growly noises he'll get frustrated and make them even louder. There's no point in yelling at him because he'll just yell back.
  • He learnt how to jump onto the roof of his kennel so he can see in through my bedroom window. The first time he did it he nearly gave me a heart attack because I thought he was just scrabbling at the outside wall, but when I opened the curtains I came face to face with him!
  • He used to play a game with himself where he'd drop a ball in front of the couch then pounce to make it roll under, then he'd rush around the other side and catch it as it came out. Since then though we've put a cabinet behind the couch and he's gotten too large to crawl under so he's learnt he can't play that game anymore.
  • He acts like a cat and butts his head against you when he wants to be scratched behind the ears.

He does plenty more weird things but I could talk about him for hours  ^.^
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2012, 11:24:10 PM »
My oldest cat, Charlotte, is so in love with my husband that if he falls asleep with one arm above his head, she will snuggle up to him and groom his armpit. Eww! We both joke that she is a "hussy" and is trying to steal him from me because she is just SUPER affectionate to him.

My youngest cat Noob will be in the other room and just start crying. Mew mew mew mew, nonstop, untill I speak up. "Im out here honey, come on!" And she will come running to me.

Offline LeighAnnApanites

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "...there is too much, let me sum up."
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2012, 11:36:50 AM »
I'm loving these stories. So many have made me Lol. I don't understand how people live without pets!

My kitty, Yuki, brings us dirty socks. I have no idea why, but she'll start making this strange noise and then comes down the hall into the living room with a wadded up dirty sock in her mouth. If she can't find a dirty one, she'll bring a clean one and occasionally it's underwear. She'll drop it in the middle of the floor and leave it there. She also carries around a little felt cat that's one of my daughter's toys, and I suspect, that she likes my Target mini Twilight Sparkle plushie. It keeps being places I didn't leave it. When she wants attention, she'll come up next to me and pat my arm with her paw, very gently, but insistently, until I pet her. She licks sheer material and loves to knead anything squishy very vigorously with all four feet. Sometimes she'll get a stuffed animal and it can look quite . . . inappropriate. Lol

One of my dogs, Zoie, is an enthusiastic licker. Sometimes we joke that she doesn't actually have control over her tongue. She did finally learn that we don't want our faces licked, so she licks as closely as she can without actually touching. She'll get so close I can feel the wind from her tongue on my face, but she's not actually touching me, so that must be ok, right?

Offline WildBlue

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Possibly maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2012, 06:34:31 AM »
These stories are great! Makes me smile and I need some smiles.
I was playing with my dogs yesterday and this thread came to mind. We play a game called 'get the toy'. Duke and Tabitha have a 30 gallon Rubbermaid bin full of toys. I will say 'get the toy' and they both run for a toy. The funny/weird thing is that they will only play with one toy at a time and they both want the same toy. It is hilarious when they do it.

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2012, 03:32:14 PM »
I have 6 cats.

Slick gets in the bath with me and wanders around like that is perfectly normal.  He also hoards small bits of food under the loveseat.  He ALSO get so worked up when he's upset that he will barf, then get embarrassed and hide.

Ember disembowels her toys and brings them to me.  But only the disemboweled ones, and sometimes she pees on them.

Fuzzy licks the wall. 

Stevie brings mouthfuls of food into the living room so she can eat with us.

Jupiter chases her tail and poops in the sink.  She will also occasionally poop in Mr. Skeen's pajamas.  Jupiter has brain damage.  :(

Flora will occasionally seek out one of the other cats and slap them upside the head for no reason we can see. 

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2012, 03:56:54 PM »
A big thing that springs to mind for me, is when I had my first baby, my girl cat Maddy got rather maternal. 

She would sleep beneath the bassinet when we brought it into the lounge, and loved being close to my daughter when she was having floor time. I had to be careful that Maddy didn't sleep on top of/near my baby's face if they nodded off together!

But notably weird, was Maddy started bringing leaves into the house. She'd go out hunting for them, and several times a day would bring in all manner of half decayed foliage! Fortunately she never brought it directly to my baby, but it was like his compulsive habit she got into. We wondered whether it was a form of her 'providing' or maybe a cry for attention (since she had kind of been the baby before the human one came along!).

Maddy still loves both of our kids now. Some of you may have seen photos I've posted in the past of her putting up with all sorts of things the kids do to her.  I'll post a couple of my favs below:

She also likes sleeping on tissue boxes....

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2012, 04:02:11 PM »
Okay- this is a little embarrassing - but my cat is a super over-active bengal mix.  We got her this stupid loud huge cat-wheel that is like a hamster wheel for cats... she started running on it immediately- here is her 5 minutes after we set it up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehanEf-acJw

It has been months and she still LOVES it - she has slowly built up her stamina and she seriously will trot, run, walk on it for hours...

That in itself I think is weird.   But cute.  But it gets weirder.  And considerably less cute.

About once every 2 weeks (occasionally more frequently) - she runs on the wheel so long that she craps her pants.  She POOPS while running.  She sometimes doesn't even realize what she has done and will keep running- with the little poopies rolling around with her.  It is the most shockingly gross thing !

But if we try to lock down the wheel or limit her activity on it- she strikes out- the last time she peed on the sofa- which is harder to clean than a cat crap on the wheel.

Needless to say- she is both bad and weird....

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2012, 05:17:22 PM »
Where in the world do you find a cat wheel?  I think my Siamese mix needs one.
:socks:   :frog:

Offline OLumeVaSti

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Grumpy Nesmith should be the next meme.
    • View Profile
    • My Want List
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2012, 09:53:34 PM »
My cat is one of those cats who thinks she is a dog. She walks on leashes, loves to ride in cars, greets me at the door meowing, chase children off the yard,  and plays fetch. Also when you sing Quiet Riot songs she will bite you.  :blink:

My Etsy store for vintage and kitsch items.

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2012, 10:15:21 PM »
My cats do some weird things, but the weirdest is one they have no control over:

And that is their massive difference in size.

French Fry, the little one, doesn't do this anymore but whenever women would walk past her, she'd reach out and slap them on the butt.

Nimbus, the big one, will have a whole conversation with you. Especially if you're not currently giving him food (often the state with me. It's my mom who's the soft touch. He'll start chewing on people who don't feed him too). He also responds when I quote Jabba the Hutt at him.
 (backcard by Ivy!)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal