collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Any vegans on here? :)  (Read 1258 times)

Offline xCharx

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Any vegans on here? :)
« on: September 19, 2012, 07:54:06 AM »
I'd like to know if any of my fellow pony collectors are vegans :) Please post below if you are :D

*Please don't move this topic, it IS pony-related!*

[moving to Off Topic ~ many thanks ~ hathorcat]
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 08:56:24 AM by hathorcat »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Any vegans on here? :)
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 08:11:45 AM »
Ok....can you let us know how its pony related? :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+172)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • View Profile
    • The New Gray Mare
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 08:24:30 AM »
I'm vegan once a week!  :silly:

Honestly, I do like going vegetarian as often as possible and vegan on occasion.  However, I have a hubby who loves meat, so I do end up making plenty of meat dishes.  They just don't have as much meat as the recipe calls for ;)

I'm curious too as to how this applies to ponies.  I don't see how a petroleum based product has anything to do with what you choose to eat and/or wear.

Offline xCharx

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 09:00:48 AM »
Sent you a PM, Hathorcat

Offline Roccoriel

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 09:11:51 AM »
I'm vegan once a week!  :silly:

Honestly, I do like going vegetarian as often as possible and vegan on occasion.  However, I have a hubby who loves meat, so I do end up making plenty of meat dishes.  They just don't have as much meat as the recipe calls for ;)

Pretty much this! I eat free-range meat maybe once a week, seafood maybe twice or three times and vegetarian or vegan the others.  I used to be vegetarian, but I was not able to maintain health even following various rules about what I should be eating.  Also, my fiance eats meat and it got really old cooking two different dinners so eating veg a few nights and meat/fish a few nights ended up being a compromise for us.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 10:37:03 AM »
Yes and no...but its not my choice.

I have some major internal health issues that force me to not eat 99% of foods that are out there.  My 'safe food' list is mostly soy products, chicken (ill react to pretty much everything else) rice, and some white grain products (ill react to whole wheat)...though im starting to think I might be gluten intolerant ontop of everything else.

I cant get away with dairy (except for lactose free probiotic yogurt and a very minimal amount of cheese) or most veg.

If I had a choice and could eat anything I wanted without violently reacting... I would probably be 'mostly' vegetarian :)  It hurts when you love your veg and cant have them.

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 10:59:22 AM »
Nope, but I am using TVP now in place of ground beef. I'd like somebody to teach me how to make tofu not taste like a used gym shoe.

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2012, 11:02:22 AM »
Nope, but I am using TVP now in place of ground beef. I'd like somebody to teach me how to make tofu not taste like a used gym shoe.

Use mushroom/whatever you have on hand stock instead of plain water.  I usually use a mushroom bullion cube and that makes all the differance.

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2012, 11:04:12 AM »
Not vegan, because I love fish (and whatever else outta the ocean) too much. But I do avoid red meat entirely (because I always get sick after I eat it), and I really just don't like chicken anymore... Chicken is really turning my stomach nowadays and I don't know why. I usually just end up eating the "sides" for dinner (like salad, pasta, vegetables) and leaving the chicken behind.

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2012, 11:23:48 AM »
Was totally vegan for 8 years, and I have been a vegetarian for 17.  :)  I am still mostly vegan save for the odd cheese which I make sure doesn't use animal enzymes or rennet.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2012, 01:34:18 PM »
I eat mostly potatoes.....Seriously.......Turns out you can't ACTUALLY live on potatoes so well..... So I'm trying to remember to eat other things too...... But that's a no from me. Though I tend to prefer veggies and fruits instead of meat I can't say I actually avoid it either.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

all4fun

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2012, 01:48:44 PM »
Me! And I don't much like tofu either ;)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2012, 03:27:03 PM »
I'm not, but I once had an exboyfriend who was vegan and he introduced me to lots of vegan food and since then I've been eating a larger variety of food. ^__^ (Just had lentil soup today <3). I tend to not like vegan food that is a substitute for meat (veggie burger? yuck). I don't actually eat a lot of meat or dairy, and I'm allergic to a lot of seafood... but I don't think I could live without nuoc cham <3, calamari or fresh eggs... So I'll never be vegan 9__9; haha.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Flutterblossom

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2012, 06:54:30 PM »
I'm not a vegan but I've been a vegetarian for about 6 years. When I was little I never really cared for meat, and hated it most of the time. This year I have become a stricter vegetarian. I don't eat anything that is the result of killing animals (gelatin, animal rennet, ect).

Sometimes I just don't understand why people still eat meat today. There are so many other food options available. Why kill an animal for a few hours of feeling full? And to those who "like meat too much", I've tried many fake meats that taste just like the real thing.

Being a vegetarian has also helped me learn to try many new foods. I will try most any food that is vegetarian and I eat more fruits and veggies than my peers do.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 06:58:13 PM by Flutterblossom »

angelfish

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2012, 07:49:55 PM »
Not vegan but mostly vegetarian.  Will eat fish, mostly salmon usually once a week.  I would eat turkey if I could find it free-range but it's rare.  I would love to be vegan but I function best with fish added to my diet.  Haven't eaten beef or pork for 15 years and haven't had chicken for 10.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal