collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Get the Fluttershy enterplay card free  (Read 11253 times)

Online Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Get the Fluttershy enterplay card free
« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2012, 04:30:21 PM »
I did read in another thread that Enterplay was weeding out all the people who didn't follow the rules or mailed in more than one envelope to try to get extra freebies, so that's some good news that those of us who did it right will get one! ^_^

My husband sent for one as well so that we could get one for a friend, but we only got one back, probably because the addresses on the envelopes were the same.

Aw, well, that stinks. What about families with siblings? Luckily my sibs aren't TOTALLY enamored of the cards, but I'd still feel really bad for all of the intended fans (i.e. kids) not being able to get a card just because their big sibling sent in their survey first. :( I understand wanting to weed out the obvious cheaters (no one has thirty siblings ;)), but it seems like they should understand that their target demographic tends to have siblings around the same age! And probably have the same address, being, well, kids!

No card so far on my end, we'll keep up hope! ;)
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

pallas

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2012, 04:41:32 PM »
Wow, I am impressed by enterplay got my card today with a postmark of the 15th.  Thanks for the link and thanks enterplay. 

Offline Ren-Ren

• Trade Count: (+237)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://renren-1.livejournal.com/
« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2012, 05:54:17 PM »
Well, mine didn't come today. Was one stamp enough on the envelope? I was thinking maybe I should have put two stamps on the return envelope, so that kind of has me worried.

One stamp is definitely enough. I've mailed several cards at a time using one stamp with no problem.

I sent along a card protector with mine (that required two stamps). I'm wondering whether or not they will use it, assuming I get a card ^^
Thanks to Calico Star for my siggy! <3 (deleted cause photobucket)
*** My Sales Page*** My Little Pink Pony Loves MMA***

Offline kadajkitten

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2012, 06:06:50 PM »
I just got mine today

Offline Zenobiaa

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Just a little bit Ditzy Doo
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2012, 08:12:25 PM »
Mine came in as well <3
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Help me find my grail: FS :muffin: Pony/Ditzy Doo Prototype

Bread

« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2012, 08:22:03 PM »
I haven't gotten one yet, but hopefully it'll arrive soon!  :biggrin:

Just wondering, does the card arrive in a regular white envelope, or in a different kind of envelope?

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2012, 08:34:18 PM »
So what do you think the value of this card is now? I know before they started giving them out with the survey they were worth quite a bit, but I am assuming the value has dropped now?

I am thinking about selling mine....
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)

Offline Ren-Ren

• Trade Count: (+237)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://renren-1.livejournal.com/
« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2012, 09:00:38 PM »
I haven't gotten one yet, but hopefully it'll arrive soon!  :biggrin:

Just wondering, does the card arrive in a regular white envelope, or in a different kind of envelope?

It should arrive in the self-addressed, stamped envelope you were supposed to provide for them to send it in... If you didn't send one I'm afraid you might not be getting a card, unfortunately.
Thanks to Calico Star for my siggy! <3 (deleted cause photobucket)
*** My Sales Page*** My Little Pink Pony Loves MMA***

Bread

« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2012, 09:49:49 PM »
It should arrive in the self-addressed, stamped envelope you were supposed to provide for them to send it in... If you didn't send one I'm afraid you might not be getting a card, unfortunately.

Oh, so that's what they meant by self-adressed stamped envelope... shoot, I thought I just had to send an envelope with the email printout!
I guess i won't get a card then...  :cry:

Offline blu_clouds

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 18, 2012, 01:45:49 AM »
I hope I get mine soon!  I sent mine in on Monday because we had a huge storm that closed down the post office, so I hope I don't miss out. 

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 18, 2012, 07:01:38 AM »
So what do you think the value of this card is now? I know before they started giving them out with the survey they were worth quite a bit, but I am assuming the value has dropped now?

I'm thinking the same thing (given I get one).  I've been watching ebay prices.  They were up to $150, but even selling at $50 is a huge help to my family at the moment.  ^_^  But will they go back up...???

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline MaronaPossessed

• The Good Troll on the Internet
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ...Because the internet needs more of these
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 18, 2012, 07:27:08 AM »

I'm thinking the same thing (given I get one).  I've been watching ebay prices.  They were up to $150, but even selling at $50 is a huge help to my family at the moment.  ^_^  But will they go back up...???
I think it depends on how much they are willing to pay for it.

If you want, if my bid ain't successful, i'll give you 60 bucks for your fluttershy card. :P
G4 Blind Bag Extraordinaire

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 18, 2012, 07:38:51 AM »
Mine came today! ^_^ I'm excited! It's cuter in person than the scans I've seen on this forum. (I sent mine out the Monday after this thread went up, for people wondering.)

@Bread: I'm sorry you're going to miss out. :( A 'self-addressed stamped envelope' is an extra envelope you put inside the envelope you're mailing. You put a stamp on it and write your own address on the front so the person who receives your letter can just stick something in it and send it back to you, at no cost to them. It's a fairly common practice for free events like this.

I'm going to guess the value for this card is going to drop sharply, but it won't go down to the level of a common card or anything like that. It will still probably be more valuable than a gold card.

The value might go up if you wait a while after this promotion ends... but then again, Enterplay might decide to hand some more Fluttershy cards out at another event, so you never know. :\ It seems like they're reusing these 'promo' cards for multiple events, according to the information they've released so far. Only the Rarity card at the Bronycon event hasn't been announced to be released in another location yet.

If you plan to sell your card, I would do so immediately and not wait to see if the value increases. As a person who used to collect trading cards back in the 80's and 90's, I can tell you with 99% certainty that if you wait too many years, these cards won't be worth anything. Trading cards aren't the type of thing that appreciate in value (with a very few rare exceptions). Trust me, I spent hundreds of dollars in the '80's and '90's and my card collections aren't worth anything now, except to me for sentimental reasons. :P
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 18, 2012, 09:48:29 AM »
YAY I got mine in the mail today.  Thanks so much for the card!!

Online Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 18, 2012, 10:16:20 AM »
Watching the mailbox like a hawk! >:3 A pony-hungry hawk that is ...
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal