collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Make a Wish Swap Brag  (Read 21884 times)

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Make a Wish Swap Brag
« Reply #210 on: September 27, 2012, 01:47:02 PM »
I am so guilty of going overboard, but you'd be surprised, I found really good deals on the ponies and the extras.  Lucky Leaf was a steal really.  It must have been really good timing.  I did a lot of bargain hunting too and some things were "gifts to me to give to Shenanigans" from my Aunt who searches thrift shops for ponies and things for me.  I knew Shenanigans was going to spoil her partner and I wanted to make sure she was just as spoiled.  I had no idea I was going to be that person.  :D  And she was too easy to find things for.  We had so much in common.

Shenanigan's: I did not make the tote bag.  I got it at PonyFair but I think an arena member made it!   I'm glad you like Mimic.  I showed her to my husband and he said "what IS that thing?!".  Of course you can debox!  I thought I would leave the choice up to you.   I love the pictures of your puppies in all the backgrounds.  Very cute.  Especially the ones with the popsicles and Mimic.  Hee hee, sorry about the eyeball, I couldn't resist.  I have a ton of eyeball ornaments and I love giving them out because they are odd, but pretty.   

You went above and beyond, I feel like the luckiest person in the whole swap :tackleglomp: I'm still just TOTALLY and COMPLETELY in awe! I have been toting around the babies, hehe. I'm so glad I got so many because I really don't have a whole lot of G1 babies! ^.^ Didn't Hathorcat match us up so perfectly? We like so many of the same things :D

Ooh, that's awesome! I wonder which Arena member made it :) LOL, I knew EXACTLY who she was when I unwrapped her! My mom and sister thought she was the cutest thing ever :) They are deboxed now and I will be doing their hair shortly :D I just love food themed ponys :biggrin: I'm wanting to make an army of fruit ponies so Green Apple is perfect for my apple clan! The eyeball makes me laugh, I'm glad you sent it! :D It's about as strange as a wind up sushi ;) I never expected such an amazing box! Cat is right, there was no need for you to worry because this box was beyond ANYTHING I could have EVER expected! I don't think I'd ever be lucky enough to get a swap box this nice again! :faint:

Lochness- I know!! The hand made stuff is so precious, I will treasure it :lovey: You can tell so much time and effort and love went into each and every thing :D

Trish- What an amazing box with gorgeous ponies!! I looove TTT and Baby TTT :D And that eraser is so cute!!!! Those treats look yummy too :dribble:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 27, 2012, 02:50:27 PM »
Wow, you got it so soon!! :biggrin:

Sternenstaub

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #212 on: September 27, 2012, 02:51:12 PM »
Congrats Trish!!
And all the best - hope you feel better soon!!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 27, 2012, 03:03:29 PM »
And here is my brag from the amazing Stern - thank you so so much :)

So first all these amazing extras...one bar of chocolate did not survive last night nom nom nom - and the lovely stationary

Then 2 blind bags - yay!!!! I have been looking for this wave plus a couple of pony combs of course and a G1 leaflet!!! woo hoo

And then the first [yes the first!!!] of the ponies - a beautiful AJ and Sparkler

Also Windy and Pina Colada!!! :squee: Windys hair is amazingly soft!

And this is what made me bounce up and down....a GORGEOUS majesty...honestly Stern I have been going crazy trying to find this girl in such gorgeous condition and I mean years and years of searching I am so happy...and then as though I wasnt happy enough...look a Snoopy glass!!!! And you can see Woodstock flying through the window in the side. I love Snoopy and collect anything Peanuts - I cant believe you managed to find something so perfect

Not to mention in her own gorgeous box a custom Baby Parasol :faint: - I collect Hasbro inspired Baby ponies - again its so thoughtful of you to know this Stern

And she also included this amazing retro t-shirt of Sundance :) I love it.

And again Stern thank  you so so so much...this is an amazing swap box!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Sternenstaub

« Reply #214 on: September 27, 2012, 03:29:00 PM »
@hotharcat:
I'm glad you like everything.
When I look at all the other brags I feel like my box looks so "poor".. :(

Majesty was the first pony I snapped for you. She's so beautiful that it was hard to let her go!!
I ended up with 4 spare Pina Coladas until I found the right one at the german pony con which was acceptable.
Also AJ was hard to let go she short hair version and I'm missing her myself in my Army. :) But I was happy to get her for you.

I hope the shirt fits?
If not I thought it's a nice addition for your Sundance Army.

Yeah for Snoopy!! But it isn't easy to get Snoopy stuff lately.
When I was younger it was much easier and I remember that I've had a lot of Snoppy stuff when I was a child...no idea where all the things are gone.

Enjoy your new additions!!

Offline terabithianprince

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • The last pages are for you
    • View Profile
    • Pony Pals
« Reply #215 on: September 27, 2012, 03:37:40 PM »
Congrats hathorcat :good: What a great box you put together, Stern.  So many awesome boxes and people in this swap. ^^

Babushka

« Reply #216 on: September 27, 2012, 03:43:57 PM »
Sorry for the brag delay . . . note to everyone: PhD programs are hell in terms of work load!

My box arrived from the lovely Michelle53! Boy, was I SPOILED!

:drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

I received two handmade bags - I am almost too afraid to use them! They are gorgeous!
 :dribble:

Not pictured . . . a mouse toy for my Maine Coon. He ran away with it as soon as he got it! He put it in his toy area (yes, the cat puts his items in one place on purpose), so hopefully I'll have the camera ready for when he gets it out again.

Thank you! :hug:

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 27, 2012, 03:50:28 PM »
Moonflower, I love the box you put together for Trish.  Mommy and baby sets are always so sweet, and that looks like a very minty Hopscotch!  What's on the bookmark?  I love bookmarks. :) I love to "match" them to whatever book I'm currently reading.  ^.^

Stern, what great items you chose for hathorcat!  I'm a big fan of Snoopy as well, so I think the glass is awesome.  I like the window.  Does anyone else think that Snoopy looks a bit frightened by Majesty?  :lol: Those are some lovely classics there, Applejack, Sparkler, and Majesty all look AMAZING.  And I bet you tied all those gorgeous ribbons on their tails before sending them?  I don't know what it is about something as simple as a satin ribbon, but it really adds a special touch. :) The shirt is very neat, too.  But the pièce de résistance??  That gorgeous custom!!  I love rainbow ponies, and that rainbow baby is absolutely to swoon for. 
 :enthralled:

Post Merge: September 27, 2012, 04:00:24 PM

Oh wow, Babushka posted her brag from Michelle while I was typing my comment.  Yet again, I am in awe.  Bonnie Bonnets?  Tex?  Nightglider?? <<faints just a little>> Loving the fall-themed extras, from the Yankee candles to the Craisins.  :P And dollyhair?  So awesome.  Oh, and what beautiful hand-stitching!!  That Nightglider is so intricate, wow!  You guys are all amazing.  I'm so excited to get my box out to my partner but the elusive item STILL hasn't shown up, and I will be gone for most of tomorrow so most likely it will arrive and I won't be here to receive it.  >_<

But never mind all that.  Well done, everyone!!!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 04:02:20 PM by lochnessmomster »

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #218 on: September 27, 2012, 04:16:06 PM »
So my partner was... *drum roll* Daiyuflower! My husband told me my package had come and I came home from work as quick as I could!

The awesomeness began right away, eliciting a big "aww" from both me and Miles!

A beautiful wedding card with a sweet note! (And there's Miles playing Fallout-- yes, he loves the card but he was quite busy on that quest! ;))

Goodies! I opened these first. Lots of nice candy (which we proceeded to share with our roommate Ben immediately) and a couple cute little trinkets! Can't wait to grow my dragon! <3

Then... gasp! Doctor Who!

More followed! Best time/space paradox ever! I was fangirling all over the place.

Then, our cats Syd and Willie were treated to some new toys!

But first, Syd found the box itself irresistible. ;)

Syd has been chasing these mice all around the apartment!

And his brother Willie!

Willie plays with his bouncy mouse! I had to try for this shot a few times as he kept swatting it out of my hand!

Mini Dash! <3 Plus more Doctor Whoness!

I have a pony now. Ponies are cool.

Lastly, the ponies! I love these cuties, and the ribbons on the girls were a beautiful touch! And oh my gosh, I love Salty! <3

Thank you so, so much, Daiyuflower! I had a fantastic time opening everything! I am a very, very happy Ri. This is me right now:

« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 06:45:20 PM by reanna-mator »
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 27, 2012, 04:27:48 PM »
@hotharcat:
I'm glad you like everything.
When I look at all the other brags I feel like my box looks so "poor".. :(

Majesty was the first pony I snapped for you. She's so beautiful that it was hard to let her go!!
I ended up with 4 spare Pina Coladas until I found the right one at the german pony con which was acceptable.
Also AJ was hard to let go she short hair version and I'm missing her myself in my Army. :) But I was happy to get her for you.

I hope the shirt fits?
If not I thought it's a nice addition for your Sundance Army.

Yeah for Snoopy!! But it isn't easy to get Snoopy stuff lately.
When I was younger it was much easier and I remember that I've had a lot of Snoppy stuff when I was a child...no idea where all the things are gone.

Enjoy your new additions!!

I wore the shirt to work today [with a shawl as its cold here] so its perfect thank you!!!:)

Honestly the box is so suited to everything about me - I love it and honestly you have no idea how much the Snoopy glass, the custom and the AMAZING Majesty especially made me feel :) You knew the perfect things to send - thank you again! :hug:
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Daiyuflower

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 27, 2012, 04:35:36 PM »
Yay I'm so glad you like everything ^_^  I had so much fun shopping for you, Reanna!  I was super excited that you're also a fellow Doctor Who fan, so I knew I had to include some figures after I had Cat ask you which Doctors you like. 
I actually had a hard time with the ponies though, because I know how much you like scented ponies, so I tried my best to find ones in nice condition that were still scented.  I'm afraid they're not still very strongly scented though, but I really tried >_< 
I hope I didn't send you doubles of the blind bag ponies or the Dash plushie?  I wanted to send a few along, but unfortunately in my area, we don't get a lot of blind bags or trading cards :-/ 
I'm so glad you liked the card!  I'm so happy for you guys!  Congrats again!

Do you think you could blur out my name and address in the photo though?  Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 04:42:17 PM by Daiyuflower »

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 27, 2012, 06:23:26 PM »
Yay more brags!!!!  Babushka, I had so much fun making those felt ponies for you:).  My daughters gave me so much input, and told me that I should embroider the stars on Night Glider.  I hope you like them:).  I'm sorry about the age spots on Tex, I was SO disappointed when he finally arrived:(. I almost didn't send him. 
You were such an awesome partner to shop for!!  After I read how much you loved fall and leaves, I almost squeed out loud because I literally planned on a Fall theme for you from the start!! 

Anywho!  Hathorcat, your box from Stern is awesome!!  Eeeeeeeee, so many amazing ponies!!!!  Reanna, you deserved to be beyond spoiled:).  This swap is just beyond belief!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 27, 2012, 07:10:44 PM »
wow too much cool stuff to comment on here!
But must admit, I ADORE those felt bags, Michelle you did an awesome job on them, theyre gorgeous!!
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #223 on: September 27, 2012, 07:18:41 PM »
Oops, sorry about that hon! >.<
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 27, 2012, 08:16:55 PM »
Stern, there's nothing "poor" about your box!!! :) It looks amazing!! Look at all the extras and beautiful ponies :lovey: That Majesty.. :faint: So white and her hair looks very silky! The Baby Parasol looks amazingly perfect, she's adorable! And Dewdrop Dazzle BB *grabby hands* :dribble: It looks like the Snoopy glass was perfect, I think your box is stunning!

Babushka, that is an awesome box from Michelle! :faint: I spy FiM trading cards!!! :D I bet the candles smell wonderful :) I just love the fall theme Michelle did! And the ponies!! Look at that Fizzy! :dribble: The more I see of Nightglider, the more I want her :P And those gorgeous hand made bags!!!! Eeeee! Look at all the detail and I love that they're in their original poses! Bright Eyes even has her twinkle eye!! ^.^ Great job, Michelle!!

Reanna's box is just as lovely! All these beautiful swap boxes :faint: How sweet that Daiyuflower sent a wedding card! It looks like she got you the perfect Dr. Who figurines :D And that your kitties love their new toys! And those beautiful ponies :lovey: Sherbert's hair looks sooo silky and it's awesome they have a bit of scent left :D The Sweetberry ponies are beautiful and I loved that you gave them each a tail ribbon! Fantastic box!!

More and more awesomeness! :frolic:
My Wish List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal