collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 37658 times)

Offline BlueChaos

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #1050 on: October 15, 2012, 08:30:34 PM »
This is so not on topic, but I wanted to share this with you guys.

I've often wondered what the designers of these dolls were thinking when they put these characters in crazy heels. No teenager wears those high school, right? Wrong, this is the best image I could find of the heels one of my students actually wore to school today.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

those are so Clawdeen :nod:
I'd have to say they're more Toralai than Clawdeen.

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: October 16, 2012, 08:42:50 AM »
This is so not on topic, but I wanted to share this with you guys.

I've often wondered what the designers of these dolls were thinking when they put these characters in crazy heels. No teenager wears those high school, right? Wrong, this is the best image I could find of the heels one of my students actually wore to school today.

Why??? I don't think I could even walk in those shoes!
If I could find those without the studs, I would totally buy them >.>

Let me explain the "why".... The why was me asking why is a highschooler wearing those?

She comes to school every day in heels/platforms this high. I don't think I've ever seen her in flats. Even her tennis shoes are Clawdeen-high

They make tennis shoes that high? :blink: I had no idea.

I don't think they're still considered tennis shoes at that point. :lol:

I can say that when I was in high school, I wore crazy heels all the time too. I totally would have given something like these a try (heck, I still would if I had anywhere to wear them). Some of the most painful-looking shoes I've owned were surprisingly some of the most comfortable to walk in. :) My high school was extremely strict with our dress code for the most part. No way would we ever have gotten away with most of the outfits that the MH gang wears, but they never seemed to mind about the shoes, so a lot of us took advantage of it.

Heel-less heels are usually designed so that the weight is distributed towards the toe, so while it looks like the wearer could teeter over if they leaned back, it would actually be pretty difficult to do. I've heard many claim that they're more comfortable to wear, and more stable to walk in, than say, stilettos.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 10:43:28 AM by Mandy85 »

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: October 16, 2012, 08:57:09 AM »
To be honest, I'm 17 and I would NEVER wear anything like that. I wear studded pumps, vans and boots, nothing as ridiculous as that to school- partying and school should not mix. Not that I am actually a party animal, but for a friend's birthday party, I wear mid heels as I am already quite tall..

Back to subject, I GOT THE CAM VAMP & GARGOYLE SET FOR £8.99 WITH FREE P&P. gidhfaiehria ehrtevhrierht :D

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: October 16, 2012, 10:15:45 AM »

I think I may have a problem. :blush:
Also sig Lagoona's hair couldn't be totally saved so I had to put it up..  Maybe I'll throw adhesive remover on it later but I like her curls.. :c
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

MelodyMistress

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1054 on: October 16, 2012, 11:27:43 AM »

Woohoo! Another Repo! fan!

Let your life be your dream. ^_^

Indeed!

Integrity, honesty. It's too late for me.

plague

« Reply #1055 on: October 16, 2012, 11:32:25 AM »
And some of ya'll people wonder why you get ankle and feet problems wearing those silly things.  :P

I was out and about at a restaurant not too long ago and saw a woman wearing heels who was quite literally holding onto each table as she walked by because she couldn't walk a straight line. (I'm 99% sure it was the heels.)

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: October 16, 2012, 11:40:58 AM »
Hehe, I actually probably have more ankle problems and I don't wear heels than someone who does.

I honestly think the reasons why they put them into super high heels is because you can do crazier designs with those than you can with flats. :D

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline TwilightElphaba

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
    • Adulthood is overrated
« Reply #1057 on: October 16, 2012, 11:47:24 AM »
I'm thinking of washing my Cupid's hair out, but I'm worried about what it will look like. I can't really do doll hair so I'm scared of her losing her curls.

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #1058 on: October 16, 2012, 11:47:55 AM »
I love MH shoes. They're very inventive and they almost always go really well with the doll's theme.

I used to have 5" platforms whose soles were shaped like waves and they had a star punch-out in the heel. That's as close to crazy heels I have ever gotten. I think mine were closed at the top, but besides they looked like this.

I'm a sucker for sneakers. Can't beat the comfort and I can wear them with just about anything.

Also sig Lagoona's hair couldn't be totally saved so I had to put it up..  Maybe I'll throw adhesive remover on it later but I like her curls.. :c

I feel you, Chi. I've only got 16 dolls. Three of them are Lagoona (Re-release, DDG & SS). She's just so cute, I can never resist her whenever I see her.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: October 16, 2012, 12:03:25 PM »
I love MH shoes. They're very inventive and they almost always go really well with the doll's theme.

I used to have 5" platforms whose soles were shaped like waves and they had a star punch-out in the heel. That's as close to crazy heels I have ever gotten. I think mine were closed at the top, but besides they looked like this.

[ximg]http://www.demonia.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/2/image/500x500/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/d/y/dynamite-01-b.jpg[/img]

I'm a sucker for sneakers. Can't beat the comfort and I can wear them with just about anything.

I feel you, Chi. I've only got 16 dolls. Three of them are Lagoona (Re-release, DDG & SS). She's just so cute, I can never resist her whenever I see her.

I think I have a slight MH shoe fetish. Maybe not FETISH but I want all the shoes. ALL THE SHOES AND ALL THE LAGOONAS! :squee:
I'm pretty sure SS Lagoona will be next. :blush: ...
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #1060 on: October 16, 2012, 12:40:27 PM »
Haha... The most MH-ish shoe I ever owned was a pair of brown wedge tennis shoes. I wore them once -- they killed my feet, and they've been in my closet collecting dust ever since! XD

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: October 16, 2012, 02:28:20 PM »
Those Red-Spike shoes....are so fabulous! A friend once had normal shoes and shoved a spike they had left over from something through a hole in the front of the toe.....and I decided to coin a new word for that type of shoe:

Beautiful + Brutal = Brutaful

That's right. (And yeah that shoe would totally Toralei or even Clawdeen/Howleen!

They are all so lovely, Chi! Good luck with your decision on the adhesive remover or not...XD  :happy:

On another note of shoes: I want ALL the monster high shoes.....I have a problem too in that I love Lagoonas and shoes!

I have smaller: platform pinup shoes, green pump shoes with pinup/My go to shoes for ballroom dance class and then my floral F.21 MiuMiu wannabe shoes <3 <3 <3 <3 But with my knee injury from tennis/hiking/time I am not gonna dare after my meniscus surgery this week. Pfffft no way.
Here they are with my Dancing Butterflies for show!
Spoiler

Pardon the messy background (moving)

Shoes <3 and Cleo's Ghouls R. foot-ware are sooo neat  :inlove:

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: October 16, 2012, 04:23:57 PM »
If I could choose one pair of MH-shoes beeing made into shoes that would fit me, I would pick Sig. Abbeys or SDCC Ghoulias! XD Too cool!
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #1063 on: October 16, 2012, 04:42:13 PM »
I'm thinking of washing my Cupid's hair out, but I'm worried about what it will look like. I can't really do doll hair so I'm scared of her losing her curls.

Well, if you visit the ANTM forum, Jupi's cupid has her stock hair washed out and restyled....into hotness!!  (She's also in my siggy :) )

Offline TwilightElphaba

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
    • Adulthood is overrated
« Reply #1064 on: October 16, 2012, 04:52:25 PM »

Well, if you visit the ANTM forum, Jupi's cupid has her stock hair washed out and restyled....into hotness!!  (She's also in my siggy :) )
But I can't style hair so I'm afraid she'll look bad if I wash it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal