collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 37375 times)

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #840 on: October 11, 2012, 09:31:49 AM »
So, apparently one fan in The Netherlands returned their broken Draculaura and Mattel sent them a Scaris Lala in return.
http://marsmcflytrap.tumblr.com/post/33362890173/the-line-travel-to-scaris-is-out

For the past two years, the end of October/early November has typically been a new release time for MH dolls in the past. In 2010 we got Holt and Ghoulia, and 2011, Skull Shores and Toralei. I hope this means we may be seeing the Scaris dolls soon!

They're making you pay for shipping? They asked me to return my GR Frankie before they'd send me a replacement, but they were kind enough to send me a prepaid shipping label.
They're e-mailing us a normal return label and explained we need to get a box/bubble mailer to ship it out and we have to pay for proof of mailing. To be honest we're a little annoyed and are considering it out of sheer frustration and being able to keep the stuff from the doll, but I'm trying to do SOMETHING with the hair to make it look not so thin on the top. We also realized after the fact we lack a printer so it would be kinda hard to print out the label...

Blah, I'm sorry Icicle. :( When I contacted them about my messed up Robecca I got the same statement from the Mattel rep I spoke with. They told me that this was going to be their new policy when returning Monster High dolls in the foreseeable future. For some odd reason, they still sent the new doll out and just forgot about having me return the faulty one (I did contact them after, but they told me not to bother).

I was really annoyed at the time I first contacted them, especially when I've seen plenty of kids on other message boards abusing the system to get free dolls, so I can sympathize. I didn't mind so much about them requesting I return the doll, but I was aggravated about the notion of having to pay for return shipping for a faulty item. I had a feeling things were going to be changing though, they had made it just too easy to take advantage of them in the past. A lot of bad eggs seem to have ruined it for the rest of us.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 10:00:53 AM by Mandy85 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: October 11, 2012, 09:37:19 AM »

If you haven't seen the Ghouls Rule episode and don't want anything spoiled here is a ***spoiler alert.***

OK so I have a question, at the end when Clawdeen saw this guy she liked at the normie/monster dance was he a normie dressed as a vampire or was he a vampire?

Also, someone had mentioned that Abbey told Holt that he saved her from the yeti and the yeti is her dad.  My assumption is she just meant the ice sculpture he saved her from not necessarily any reference to her dad.  Just my guess though.

Offline Mandy85

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: October 11, 2012, 09:47:30 AM »

If you haven't seen the Ghouls Rule episode and don't want anything spoiled here is a ***spoiler alert.***

Spoiler
OK so I have a question, at the end when Clawdeen saw this guy she liked at the normie/monster dance was he a normie dressed as a vampire or was he a vampire?

Also, someone had mentioned that Abbey told Holt that he saved her from the yeti and the yeti is her dad.  My assumption is she just meant the ice sculpture he saved her from not necessarily any reference to her dad.  Just my guess though. [/color]
Spoiler
The guy Clawdeen shimmies over to at the party was Draculaura's vampire cousin Thadd that she had been trying to get Clawdeen to go on a blind date/double date with she and Clawd with earlier in the movie. I chuckled a bit when when I noticed the CG team made him sparkle (ugh, thank you Twilight).

Abbey's father has been referred to as "The Yeti" but I believe that all of Abbey's kin are technically Yetis, so there's more than one.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: October 11, 2012, 10:00:12 AM »
I thought the movie was great. I kinda felt sorry for Jackson, but at least in a way he got his own screen time and we got to "understand" him a little more. Now I'm kinda tempted in getting the Signature Jackson. >,>; But I'll resist. Not many gripes about it.

Well, maybe one:
Spoiler
The ending, how does it go from one moment "Rawr, we're gonna get you with out torches and pitchforks!!" then all of a sudden. "Oh a party?? ALRIGHT!!" I understand it's a Direct to DVD movie and they tend to do that, but still.

During the part where all the ghouls were plotting to get back at the normies, I was all like: "I wanna be a part of it!!"

The voice for Rochelle, nothing wrong with it, but I would've expected Rochelle with a soft not-so-angry french accent. But it turned out fine. :P
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Mandy85

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: October 11, 2012, 10:18:15 AM »

The voice for Rochelle, nothing wrong with it, but I would've expected Rochelle with a soft not-so-angry french accent. But it turned out fine. :P

I wasn't a fan of Rochelle's voice in the special. Erin Fitzgerald (who also voices Abbey, Cupid, and Spectra), I love her and feel that she's normally a perfect fit for the characters she portrays, but I think that her Rochelle voice just sounded too similar to the voice she uses for Abbey. I also imaged the character a bit softer and higher pitched. I wonder if Erin was just a stand-in for now, since Rochelle didn't have many lines, or if she's the permanent voice actress for her?

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: October 11, 2012, 11:24:51 AM »
Cannot stand Rochelle's voice!! Nor Jacksons... oh dear!

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: October 11, 2012, 12:12:44 PM »
So, apparently one fan in The Netherlands returned their broken Draculaura and Mattel sent them a Scaris Lala in return.
http://marsmcflytrap.tumblr.com/post/33362890173/the-line-travel-to-scaris-is-out

For the past two years, the end of October/early November has typically been a new release time for MH dolls in the past. In 2010 we got Holt and Ghoulia, and 2011, Skull Shores and Toralei. I hope this means we may be seeing the Scaris dolls soon!

Ooh! :squee: She is so pretty! And I love the box design! :heart:

Post Merge: October 11, 2012, 12:57:01 PM

omg! Out of box photo of the dance class dolls!

http://instagram.com/p/QppBvWgmhY/

I love them all even more! :lovey: *grabby hands of uncontrollable want*
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 12:57:01 PM by Zombelina »
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: October 11, 2012, 12:57:55 PM »

Spoiler

Also, someone had mentioned that Abbey told Holt that he saved her from the yeti and the yeti is her dad.  My assumption is she just meant the ice sculpture he saved her from not necessarily any reference to her dad.  Just my guess though. [/color]
Spoiler
The guy Clawdeen shimmies over to at the party was Draculaura's vampire cousin Thadd that she had been trying to get Clawdeen to go on a blind date/double date with she and Clawd with earlier in the movie. I chuckled a bit when when I noticed the CG team made him sparkle (ugh, thank you Twilight).

Abbey's father has been referred to as "The Yeti" but I believe that all of Abbey's kin are technically Yetis, so there's more than one.

Oh I didn't know that's who he was.  How ironic.  I'm a twilight fan and thought the sparkle was kind of cool.  Thanks for the spoiler tag I forgot to use it.

Post Merge: October 11, 2012, 12:59:47 PM

I wasn't a fan of Rochelle's voice in the special. Erin Fitzgerald (who also voices Abbey, Cupid, and Spectra), I love her and feel that she's normally a perfect fit for the characters she portrays, but I think that her Rochelle voice just sounded too similar to the voice she uses for Abbey. I also imaged the character a bit softer and higher pitched. I wonder if Erin was just a stand-in for now, since Rochelle didn't have many lines, or if she's the permanent voice actress for her?

Yeah, I also noticed her voice was very similar to Abbey's voice.  I mean the accent.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 01:00:23 PM by Majesty »

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #848 on: October 11, 2012, 01:00:23 PM »
Unboxed Dance Class dolls:

Still not doing it for me.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: October 11, 2012, 01:02:41 PM »
Wth happened to Lagoona's legs?! They're also not doing it for me either. I'm just not feeling it from them.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #850 on: October 11, 2012, 01:05:13 PM »
i get ballet, swing, and hiphop -- but what dance style is robecca supposed to be? tap?

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: October 11, 2012, 01:07:54 PM »
I'm definitely going to pass on those.  There just not doing it for me they look a tad bland. 

Post Merge: October 11, 2012, 01:09:03 PM

i get ballet, swing, and hiphop -- but what dance style is robecca supposed to be? tap?

I thought she was doing the robot (bad pun I know)

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #852 on: October 11, 2012, 01:15:30 PM »
Yeah, no thanks. I love Howleen's hair, but not the rest of her. I was hoping to get this Robecca, but I think I'll just get a signature Robecca instead.

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: October 11, 2012, 01:16:32 PM »
http://www.flickr.com/photos/52380108@N03/sets/72157631747311451/
The pic Puku posted is from this Flickr. I hope I am allowed to post this. :blush:
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: October 11, 2012, 01:19:49 PM »
*SQUEE*
Ghouls Rule was goooood.

Spoiler
I especially love how they gave Cleo some development, and that they included supposed 'villians' of the series in like Manny and Torelei as part of the group for a bit. LOOVED IT.

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal