collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 37298 times)

Flutterwonder13

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #825 on: October 10, 2012, 01:44:40 PM »
Does anyone know when the Scaris Line is set to hit shelves?

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: October 10, 2012, 02:03:01 PM »
Hm.. Mattel asked for my fiance's doll back, trading it for a Dot Dead Gorgeous one. Luckily they were willing to accept the other Lagoona back nude, just sucks we're gonna have to pay for all the crap to send it back out.

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #827 on: October 10, 2012, 02:14:46 PM »
They're making you pay for shipping? They asked me to return my GR Frankie before they'd send me a replacement, but they were kind enough to send me a prepaid shipping label. I can't send it back, though, because a) I'm not actually in the States and b) I have modified the top (I had my wife cut off the lightning bolt skirt bit) and have sold her boots and mask already ... I'll just have to put up with a wonky-eyed doll with a top that has holes and runs in it. I'm hoping maybe the GR dolls will eventually show up here and then I can get a replacement and make sure I'm getting a good one.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 02:16:31 PM by pukunui »

Offline Icicle

• Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: October 10, 2012, 02:18:16 PM »
They're making you pay for shipping? They asked me to return my GR Frankie before they'd send me a replacement, but they were kind enough to send me a prepaid shipping label.
They're e-mailing us a normal return label and explained we need to get a box/bubble mailer to ship it out and we have to pay for proof of mailing. To be honest we're a little annoyed and are considering it out of sheer frustration and being able to keep the stuff from the doll, but I'm trying to do SOMETHING with the hair to make it look not so thin on the top. We also realized after the fact we lack a printer so it would be kinda hard to print out the label...

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: October 10, 2012, 02:39:08 PM »
I'm super confused about what the Walmart scavenger hunt actually entails, but I checked and three stores near me are doing it. Hopefully more details will emerge soon, because all I can gather right now is I need to be at walmart on x date XD

I really hope the search culminates in Catrine! She is like my dream doll  :heart:
lol watch it be the finale of the event, everyone participated will get their first chance to pick up a Catrine and buy her, but once they go to retrieve her- THEY'RE ALL GONE CAUSE THE SCALPERS GOT TO EM WHILE THEY WERE DOING THEIR SCAVENGER HUNT!!! XD oh gheeze I'm terrible. :P

If they ever do release the Scaris line, I might actually try to grab a Deuce or two to trade here.
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #830 on: October 10, 2012, 06:26:58 PM »
For those of you that have W1 DT Frankie and Cleo in stores near you, would anyone be willing to pick them up for me?  The only W1 DT I have heard of locally is an hour away and it was Ghoulia whom I am not interested in.

Anyone still have these around and willing to get them for me?

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Saiko

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: October 10, 2012, 07:18:49 PM »
So, in Ghouls Rule, Abbey says this to Heath:
"You saved me from Yeti. In my country, that is how you ask girl to dance."

Hang on, isn't she a yeti? I feel like Mattel keep forgetting that. All of her outfits since her signature have been snow or ice themed, not yeti themed, and that's kinda disappointing.

Still, I love her dynamic with Heath and how they're total opposites. Funny and serious, weak and strong, fire and ice. I ship it ~<3 :silly:
:heart:

Offline BlueChaos

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: October 10, 2012, 07:20:34 PM »
I love her dynamic with Heath and how they're total opposites. Funny and serious, weak and strong, fire and ice. I ship it ~<3 :silly:

We really need a Heath doll now.

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: October 10, 2012, 07:24:16 PM »
I just saw a commercial for the Monster High movie. Anyone planning on getting it? It actually looks pretty neat!
My friend bought it yesterday and let me borrow it.  Just got through watching it, when I should have had 100% full attention on a art history paper. xD
If I had to rate it, I'd give it at least an 8 out of 10. I thought it was pretty good and "silly/stupid-cute". To me, it's the best MH special. Liked it more than I thought I would. I generally liked the normies, especially Claire (goth girl) and her friend Chad.
I also liked how Jackson got some good attention and whatnot in the movie. I know it's a bit of a running joke/gag, but it always did bug me how Jackson would seem to get "the short end of the stick" in comparison/favor to Holt. But I may be biased because he's my favorite male MH character. :heart:

I will say, the characters sure have a weird/funny way of dancing in the movie. xD

Mini spoiler-warning, just in case (nothing really "plot-important", just thought it was neat)
Spoiler
In the dance scene / " We all get along now, so let's dance! ;D" part at the end of the movie, I thought it was pretty neat and cute that a few of the characters from past CG specials were in it. I know I saw the Skull Shores guys Andy and "guy with the big ears" dancing along with the others. Even "Monster Andy" was dancing a bit! :) 

Still, I love her dynamic with Heath and how they're total opposites. Funny and serious, weak and strong, fire and ice. I ship it ~<3 :silly:
I love it, too. This special totally made me a Heath/Abbey fan. xD
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline keylimepony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Kiwi Tart
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: October 10, 2012, 07:25:23 PM »
I liked Heath and Abbey in Ghouls Rule and it really made me want a Heath doll. I just wish Heath didn't have to save Abbey and they could have just let her save him and have him learn to be ok with being saved by a girl (if that makes sense).
Thank you TwistedRainbow for my avatar and RainbowJuice for my signature!

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: October 11, 2012, 03:30:30 AM »
I liked Heath and Abbey in Ghouls Rule and it really made me want a Heath doll. I just wish Heath didn't have to save Abbey and they could have just let her save him and have him learn to be ok with being saved by a girl (if that makes sense).
I agree, but I think it was also a case that Heath felt he needed to be "even" with her as well. I think it also had to do with the fact that he only had to be saved from problems he caused lol. And Abbey saved his butt more than once!
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #836 on: October 11, 2012, 04:58:55 AM »
I just saw a commercial for the Monster High movie. Anyone planning on getting it? It actually looks pretty neat!
My friend bought it yesterday and let me borrow it.  Just got through watching it, when I should have had 100% full attention on a art history paper. xD
If I had to rate it, I'd give it at least an 8 out of 10. I thought it was pretty good and "silly/stupid-cute". To me, it's the best MH special. Liked it more than I thought I would. I generally liked the normies, especially Claire (goth girl) and her friend Chad.
I also liked how Jackson got some good attention and whatnot in the movie. I know it's a bit of a running joke/gag, but it always did bug me how Jackson would seem to get "the short end of the stick" in comparison/favor to Holt. But I may be biased because he's my favorite male MH character. :heart:

I will say, the characters sure have a weird/funny way of dancing in the movie. xD

Mini spoiler-warning, just in case (nothing really "plot-important", just thought it was neat)
Spoiler
In the dance scene / " We all get along now, so let's dance! ;D" part at the end of the movie, I thought it was pretty neat and cute that a few of the characters from past CG specials were in it. I know I saw the Skull Shores guys Andy and "guy with the big ears" dancing along with the others. Even "Monster Andy" was dancing a bit! :) 

I love it, too. This special totally made me a Heath/Abbey fan. xD

Those are my thought almost exactly! It made me happy to see my favorite MH guy get some positive attention. I still feel bad for him. Claire was a nice girl, and I liked her but I wish her makeup had been better thought out than just a pure black smear on her eyes. Nuance though. Jackson was adorable ^^ It made me want Holt strangely enough. Bear with me if this makes sense. Does anyone feel like Jackson gets short changed and despite being part monster still isn't treated like everyone else for being a 'Normie'. I hope that changes after the lessons learned in this special. I'd like to see him more accepted as 'one of the guys'.

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: October 11, 2012, 05:36:22 AM »
I had a few people contact me so I'm doing a Coffin Bean run today or some time this week.

Offline Varkolak

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: October 11, 2012, 06:21:16 AM »
i saw the movie last night and it made me want a heath doll so bad X_x uughhh

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: October 11, 2012, 09:29:14 AM »
I saw Ghouls Rule on youtube.  It was a great halloween episode.  I am glad I didn't buy it though.  As awesome as it was I probably would have only watched it once.

I kind of want Rochelle Goyle now.  :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal