collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 37235 times)

Foxy_Ninja

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #495 on: October 01, 2012, 09:59:40 PM »
Prolly not the place for it so if it needs to be moved just lemme know what thread it should be in...

My mom thinks I'm a bit odd for still "playing" with dolls and MLP, I'm 27 btw, but on an outing she got my a surprise...A DT Draculaura. Which is nice and awesome of her..except I don't collect the main line of dolls. I only collect the CaM sets. I thanked her profusly but told her I don't collect that type and she said she'd take it back and we could look for the right kind together! It's going to be a good mother-daughter bonding thing I hope..She thinks the dolls are spooky.. I guess they remind her of the Chucky dolls...I think that if they should be likened to horror film dolls they'd be more like the puppets from The Puppet Master...
But it made me all warm and fuzzy that mom tried to get me something nice like that... Just wanted to share...

Aw that's wonderful! :heart: I'm the same age and I also hear the you're weird/odd thing from people  :blush: But my mom has always been a doll collector too, so she "gets it" (less so ponies, and she isn't into spooky things, but still XD) It is super fun to take your mom doll-hunting (and have her treat you!), makes you feel like a kid again :D
YES!

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: October 02, 2012, 02:43:51 AM »
Thanks for the warning, Puku, I was considering s pair from her when I get paid. I'll go to ne of the other shops now.

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #497 on: October 02, 2012, 03:19:28 AM »
Thanks for the warning, Puku, I was considering s pair from her when I get paid. I'll go to ne of the other shops now.
No worries. I'll let y'all know if I hear back from her and what she says.

EDIT: I think I'll give her a day to respond, and if she doesn't get back to me, I'll leave her some negative feedback and initiate an "item not as described" dispute case. The quality of the shoes is just not good enough.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 03:27:59 AM by pukunui »

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: October 02, 2012, 02:51:14 PM »
Has anyone ordered from minikitty_dollshop on eBay? Are their MH clothing in person just as nice as in the listing photos?
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: October 02, 2012, 03:24:58 PM »
Jemdolls? Do you have a link? :D
It's Jemgirl Creations. My bad.

Her shoes look so awesome, but they don't seem to be very good quality. They aren't rubbery enough.
Oh hey! I've ordered from her before.

I wonder if she's adjusted her molds like topologie did? Some of the newer MH ghouls have a deeper instep on their feet, so the older custom shoes fit reeeeeally tight... I have a beautiful translucent red pair that started cracking when I put them on Operetta :c

I have ordered a pair of shoes from the seller as well. The shoes are hard plastic and fit on the loose side (you really need to have the doll wearing socks or leggings to keep the shoes snug). They are very pretty and nicely made in my opinion even if they aren't a soft plastic.

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: October 02, 2012, 03:37:35 PM »
Jemdolls? Do you have a link? :D
It's Jemgirl Creations. My bad.

Her shoes look so awesome, but they don't seem to be very good quality. They aren't rubbery enough.
Oh hey! I've ordered from her before.

I wonder if she's adjusted her molds like topologie did? Some of the newer MH ghouls have a deeper instep on their feet, so the older custom shoes fit reeeeeally tight... I have a beautiful translucent red pair that started cracking when I put them on Operetta :c

I have ordered a pair of shoes from the seller as well. The shoes are hard plastic and fit on the loose side (you really need to have the doll wearing socks or leggings to keep the shoes snug). They are very pretty and nicely made in my opinion even if they aren't a soft plastic.

I can't even get my Dorothy shoes I bought from her on Rhonda's feet if she's wearing stockings (which SUCKS).
And mine cracked a bit too.
That being said, they're gorgeous. Especially the glittery ones!

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #501 on: October 02, 2012, 04:57:46 PM »
Loose?! I wish! The pairs I got are tight. They don't even really fit on bare feet, and you can forget putting them on over tights or socks. :(

I haven't heard back from her yet, but I took some photos this morning that I am going to send to her. I might share them here too once I get them off the camera.

Offline BlueChaos

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: October 02, 2012, 05:02:29 PM »
I never had any troubles with her shoes. Yes, they're hard, but to me they're easier to get on then those blasted slippers the DT dolls have.

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #503 on: October 02, 2012, 05:22:38 PM »
I never had any troubles with her shoes. Yes, they're hard, but to me they're easier to get on then those blasted slippers the DT dolls have.
She must have sent me a bunch of defective ones then. Here's what I got:

As you can see, the red shoe has a big crack in it, the cola shoe has a small crack, and the pearl shoe was so tight it left gouge marks in my sea monster's foot (and still wouldn't go on). The shoes that didn't crack were also so tight I couldn't get the dolls' heels in all the way.

Offline BlueChaos

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: October 02, 2012, 05:27:24 PM »
Wow. I'm sorry that happened to you. She seemed pretty nice, so I'm sure you'll have no problems getting a refund or replacement.

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: October 02, 2012, 05:48:51 PM »
She must have sent me a bunch of defective ones then. Here's what I got:

As you can see, the red shoe has a big crack in it, the cola shoe has a small crack, and the pearl shoe was so tight it left gouge marks in my sea monster's foot (and still wouldn't go on). The shoes that didn't crack were also so tight I couldn't get the dolls' heels in all the way.

Your red shoe looks exactly like mine. Along with the crack. thankfully it pushes in and stays kinda hidden.

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #507 on: October 02, 2012, 06:33:57 PM »
Your red shoe looks exactly like mine. Along with the crack. thankfully it pushes in and stays kinda hidden.
There's no hiding the cracks with mine. When I put the shoes on, it pushes them out.

Offline Airiel

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Professional Parasol Seeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: October 02, 2012, 07:16:07 PM »
Searching on etsy for Monster High shoes, and I came across this:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/108472404/halloween-black-cat-purse-necklace-and?ref=sr_gallery_2&ga_search_query=monster+high+shoes&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=ZZ&ga_min=0&ga_max=0&ga_search_type=all

Cool, but very random.  I feel like MH shoes would make for some VERY heavy earrings!!

Airiel

"Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly."

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: October 03, 2012, 03:27:39 AM »
After ANTM I have fallen in love with CAMs now; especially Bee, Skeleton, Witch, Sea Monster
Though how hard are they to reroot? Because LIV wigs aren't available in Sweden and I dislike the CAM wigs

Adoptable made by me

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal