collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 37513 times)

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #480 on: October 01, 2012, 06:08:24 PM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again - Wydowna would be great to use as a base for a Kali custom. I wouldn't want to attempt it myself, though.

I do hope they release her. She's way more monstrous than any of the other dolls they've released so far.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 03:28:18 AM by pukunui »

MelodyMistress

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #481 on: October 01, 2012, 06:37:29 PM »
Prolly not the place for it so if it needs to be moved just lemme know what thread it should be in...

My mom thinks I'm a bit odd for still "playing" with dolls and MLP, I'm 27 btw, but on an outing she got my a surprise...A DT Draculaura. Which is nice and awesome of her..except I don't collect the main line of dolls. I only collect the CaM sets. I thanked her profusly but told her I don't collect that type and she said she'd take it back and we could look for the right kind together! It's going to be a good mother-daughter bonding thing I hope..She thinks the dolls are spooky.. I guess they remind her of the Chucky dolls...I think that if they should be likened to horror film dolls they'd be more like the puppets from The Puppet Master...
But it made me all warm and fuzzy that mom tried to get me something nice like that... Just wanted to share...

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #482 on: October 01, 2012, 06:54:25 PM »
Has anyone ordered shoes from Jemdolls on etsy before? I just got three pairs of her pumps (based on the CAM bee's shoes) and while they look lovely, two of the pairs had a shoe crack as soon as I put it on a doll's foot and the third pair has one shoe that's so tight not only could I not get it on but it also left marks on the doll's foot. I'm going to have to see if I can get a refund. :(

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #483 on: October 01, 2012, 06:56:19 PM »
Jemdolls? Do you have a link? :D

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #484 on: October 01, 2012, 07:13:14 PM »
I am DYING for the new dolls to come out. I don't even have money for them right now, I just love seeing new dolls on the shelves and being able to hunt for them when they first come out (and I have money lol). Not to mention the fact that I love having new dolls that I haven't seen hundreds of times to open.. its like christmas lol
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline keylimepony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Kiwi Tart
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: October 01, 2012, 07:16:36 PM »
I totally agree, ponyseeker! I really want Jinafire and I think I might be tempted by some others in the Scaris line. All the promo pictures just look so gorgeous!
Thank you TwistedRainbow for my avatar and RainbowJuice for my signature!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #486 on: October 01, 2012, 07:23:19 PM »
Every time I see pictures of all the new dolls I want them more then before.. the anticipation MIGHT kill me. I just seriously hope that they are as good as they look in the pictures and I don't end up being disappointed with them.
I guess the plus to waiting for the new dolls to come out is that it gives me the chance to buy dolls I am missing and still want..
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Foxy_Ninja

« Reply #487 on: October 01, 2012, 07:33:03 PM »
Prolly not the place for it so if it needs to be moved just lemme know what thread it should be in...

My mom thinks I'm a bit odd for still "playing" with dolls and MLP, I'm 27 btw, but on an outing she got my a surprise...A DT Draculaura. Which is nice and awesome of her..except I don't collect the main line of dolls. I only collect the CaM sets. I thanked her profusly but told her I don't collect that type and she said she'd take it back and we could look for the right kind together! It's going to be a good mother-daughter bonding thing I hope..She thinks the dolls are spooky.. I guess they remind her of the Chucky dolls...I think that if they should be likened to horror film dolls they'd be more like the puppets from The Puppet Master...
But it made me all warm and fuzzy that mom tried to get me something nice like that... Just wanted to share...
I'm almost 30 and my mom knows I collect, pose, photograph and customise ponies and now MH. She doesn't care. At first she was a little iffy about the dolls too but she warmed up to it and wants to take me to get more in time for my birthday lol.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 07:35:32 PM by Foxy_Ninja »

Flutterwonder13

« Reply #488 on: October 01, 2012, 07:39:23 PM »
I'm off the deep end. I had a dream about finding Holt Hyde.  -_-

Offline CasseminaPie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Cassemina's Corner
« Reply #489 on: October 01, 2012, 08:04:03 PM »
I'm off the deep end. I had a dream about finding Holt Hyde.  -_-

haha oh no - you do have it bad!! I am still seeing lots of Holts around here, PM me if you want me to grab you one but shipping is pretty expensive :(
Come visit my blog!

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #490 on: October 01, 2012, 08:42:17 PM »
It's Jemgirl Creations. My bad.

Her shoes look so awesome, but they don't seem to be very good quality. They aren't rubbery enough.

Offline CasseminaPie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Cassemina's Corner
« Reply #491 on: October 01, 2012, 08:47:33 PM »

Her shoes look so awesome, but they don't seem to be very good quality. They aren't rubbery enough.

I sent her a question on Etsy once and she never replied so I haven't bought anything from her but I can recommend DolliciousCustoms on etsy. I have 3 pairs and they are perfect! I need to buy more!
Come visit my blog!

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #492 on: October 01, 2012, 08:47:46 PM »

Oh hey! I've ordered from her before.

I wonder if she's adjusted her molds like topologie did? Some of the newer MH ghouls have a deeper instep on their feet, so the older custom shoes fit reeeeeally tight... I have a beautiful translucent red pair that started cracking when I put them on Operetta :c

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #493 on: October 01, 2012, 09:01:56 PM »
I sent her a question on Etsy once and she never replied so I haven't bought anything from her but I can recommend DolliciousCustoms on etsy. I have 3 pairs and they are perfect! I need to buy more!
Hmm. That's not a good sign. I've just sent her a message about my issues. I hope she offers me a refund or something. I'll check out that other etsy story. Thanks Cassy.

Oh hey! I've ordered from her before.

I wonder if she's adjusted her molds like topologie did? Some of the newer MH ghouls have a deeper instep on their feet, so the older custom shoes fit reeeeeally tight... I have a beautiful translucent red pair that started cracking when I put them on Operetta :c
Hmm. I tried them on my CAM witch and CAM sea monster.

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: October 01, 2012, 09:47:37 PM »

Aw that's wonderful! :heart: I'm the same age and I also hear the you're weird/odd thing from people  :blush: But my mom has always been a doll collector too, so she "gets it" (less so ponies, and she isn't into spooky things, but still XD) It is super fun to take your mom doll-hunting (and have her treat you!), makes you feel like a kid again :D
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal