collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 37618 times)

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #330 on: September 24, 2012, 06:14:21 PM »
I'm another one that came for the ponies and stayed for the dolls, hehehe

Post Merge: September 24, 2012, 06:29:43 PM

So, when you watch the opening of the webisodes on slow motion, the very beginning starts with this girl's face and then zooms in on her and this dude.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I don't know anything about them but they're very cute!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 06:29:43 PM by saply »

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 24, 2012, 06:30:23 PM »
He's a little creepy... XD
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #332 on: September 24, 2012, 08:43:30 PM »
Aaaargggghh!!!!

I missed the postie by like 30 seconds! I was home all day and he waited until I was out doing the school run to show up! He was next door as we got home, and there was a "card to collect - no one home (signature required)" slip in the mailbox. By the time I'd gotten the kids in the house, he was way up the road. I have a feeling he wouldn't have handed over the package anyway due to some rule or another, though.

Now I've got to wait till tomorrow so I can go pick up my package from the distribution center. I've got a couple of items coming, so I'm not sure which one it is. Possibly the second set of tights I bought on eBay.

EDIT: Must be patient. Besides, when I got to my daughter's classroom, I was told she'd just thrown up a few minutes before. She is my priority right now, not a package with some more toys in it. I just wanted to whine a little bit about how I'd only *just* missed the postie.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 08:53:56 PM by pukunui »

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 24, 2012, 10:47:50 PM »
Awww that's great Amenoo!! :hug: Finally you can rest without having to worry about never getting 2.0 Lagoona. XP That's what I love about the Arena! When someone needs help, someone is likely able to help without any trouble. Just last month Yuru helped me get my hands on Cupid, as I helped her get her hands on Venus.

But dang I was hoping I would be able to find her for you and trade you for an art trade or something. XD

Same thing happened to me as well; I started off with collecting MLP too, but then spent more time over here in the doll house. *Looks at her arena stats* Yeah, more time in the Dollhouse/MH Section compared to MLP.

Well i would gladly trade artwork for dolls xD

Adoptable made by me

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 24, 2012, 11:39:30 PM »
Awww that's great Amenoo!! :hug: Finally you can rest without having to worry about never getting 2.0 Lagoona. XP That's what I love about the Arena! When someone needs help, someone is likely able to help without any trouble. Just last month Yuru helped me get my hands on Cupid, as I helped her get her hands on Venus.

But dang I was hoping I would be able to find her for you and trade you for an art trade or something. XD

Same thing happened to me as well; I started off with collecting MLP too, but then spent more time over here in the doll house. *Looks at her arena stats* Yeah, more time in the Dollhouse/MH Section compared to MLP.

Well i would gladly trade artwork for dolls xD

lol alright. :P I'm still in the process of creating my actual first MH OC! And seeing the pictures you've drawn, especially your Harpea, I'd love to see how she'd turn out if she was drawn by you. XP I hope to get her finished and perfected soon!
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 25, 2012, 12:19:15 AM »
I got DDG Operetta today, my fave of that line :D I was planning on getting the pony castle, but the 50% off coupon wasn't valid for items over $40 (and it was priced at $60). Boo, I thought! So I grabbed her as there were no Ghouls Rule dolls there I wanted. She's very cute with the fanned out skirt and bow :D

At the moment I'm cleaning my Robecca's hair, hoping to get some wave in it by plaiting it, boil dipping and then combing it out. A bit risky as she is an Indonesia doll, but I can't stand that box frizz. The amount of hair that came out during my initial combing was rather shocking  :shocked:  blue and black hairs everywhere... must be the same stuff Cleo's black hair is made out of. Hopefully it won't be as bad now.

EDIT - Mission failure, the nice waves in Robecca's hair came out as soon as the hair dried. Any tips?

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 25, 2012, 02:56:03 AM »
Aaaargggghh!!!!

I missed the postie by like 30 seconds! I was home all day and he waited until I was out doing the school run to show up! He was next door as we got home, and there was a "card to collect - no one home (signature required)" slip in the mailbox. By the time I'd gotten the kids in the house, he was way up the road. I have a feeling he wouldn't have handed over the package anyway due to some rule or another, though.

Now I've got to wait till tomorrow so I can go pick up my package from the distribution center. I've got a couple of items coming, so I'm not sure which one it is. Possibly the second set of tights I bought on eBay.

EDIT: Must be patient. Besides, when I got to my daughter's classroom, I was told she'd just thrown up a few minutes before. She is my priority right now, not a package with some more toys in it. I just wanted to whine a little bit about how I'd only *just* missed the postie.
Aww, I hope she feels better! That was never a fun thing to have happen to you during school. *hugs*
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #337 on: September 25, 2012, 03:01:07 AM »
Aww, I hope she feels better! That was never a fun thing to have happen to you during school. *hugs*
Thanks. Indeed it is not. Luckily, I think it was more a result of being overheated and dehydrated (they'd gone on a field trip to a gymnastics studio and I'm not sure she'd gotten enough to drink) than having caught a stomach bug. I think she'll be fine in the morning.

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 25, 2012, 05:19:09 AM »
I got DDG Operetta today, my fave of that line :D I was planning on getting the pony castle, but the 50% off coupon wasn't valid for items over $40 (and it was priced at $60). Boo, I thought! So I grabbed her as there were no Ghouls Rule dolls there I wanted. She's very cute with the fanned out skirt and bow :D

At the moment I'm cleaning my Robecca's hair, hoping to get some wave in it by plaiting it, boil dipping and then combing it out. A bit risky as she is an Indonesia doll, but I can't stand that box frizz. The amount of hair that came out during my initial combing was rather shocking  :shocked:  blue and black hairs everywhere... must be the same stuff Cleo's black hair is made out of. Hopefully it won't be as bad now.

EDIT - Mission failure, the nice waves in Robecca's hair came out as soon as the hair dried. Any tips?
did you dip her in ice water after the boiling water to set it?

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 25, 2012, 05:33:11 AM »

did you dip her in ice water after the boiling water to set it?

Was I supposed to do that? Normally a boil dip and leaving it to dry simply does it for pony hair...

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 25, 2012, 06:59:08 AM »
Monster High Dance Dolls Case
The ghouls are ready for one of their favorite classes at Monster High - Dance class! Of course, each ghoul brings her own unique style to class. Lagoona Blue is graceful sea-monster chic in her flowing ballet outfit; Operetta is ready to swing dance; Howleen is rocking a cute hip-hop fashion and pink hairdo; and no one can do the Robot quite like Robecca Steam. The Monster High Dance Doll includes doll in dance outfit with dance bag.
This case contains 6 individually packaged Monster High dolls, assortment breakdown not available at this time.
Carton UPC: 746775186326 Country of Origin: China Gender: Female
Coming in January 2013 (details)
Item Number: MTY0430A
Suggested Retail Piece Price: $15.99
Pieces Per Case: 6

Wow, I'm a ditz. I read that as Clawdeen! I'd rather see Clawdeen in pink hair to be honest, but I suppose it'll be interesting to see Howls in pink too. I just hope I don't fancy her because I'd like to keep my Howleen count at one!

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 25, 2012, 07:26:53 AM »
Definately came for the G4 ponies, ended up loving G1 and wandered to the Dollhouse. Now I'm soon to take the plunge into BJDs as well!

And I love the community all over here on the Arena. Even when there are disagreements, it's so low key and friendly!
And everyone is so helpful. :D I run here for help first.
I know other monster high themed sites seem to have a younger user base, so they're a bit less knowladgable.

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 25, 2012, 08:28:05 AM »

Did you let the hair completely dry before taking it down? If it was damp at all it's likely that the fibers didn't set. I had a bit of frustration with styling the hair on my Robecca as well, I was ready to throw the thing across the room at one point.  :lookround:

Her hair is kanekalon, which should in theory, be more agreeable to hold a style from a boil-perm than the girls with saran hair (though not pony/nylon hair, that stuff can be curled using even room temp water). Her fibers are rooted pretty thick though, so getting a proper shape may be more difficult. Once you find a way to get the curls or waves in there's not much budging them unless you again use heat to straighten the style out.

I made the curls too small and tight on my first attempt, using too hot of a water setting, went away for the weekend and left her to dry, only to come back to a frizzy mess that didn't want to budge.  -_- I had tried to use the same method I used on my saran-haired girls, which was a mistake. I had to straighten her hair at that point and just start over. Thankfully, I've found that kanekalon is also more forgiving than other fibers I've worked with, which is why many women use it for hair extensions.

A good temperature to use is about 180°F (but not over) or less. I have a coffee maker that shows me the temperature of the water, however you can use a meat thermometer to get an accurate reading if you're using a stove. It can be as low as 150°F, but at anything above 180 I learned frizzed a bit too much. I've read from hair extension blogs that at past 200 it can even melt. After a boil perm, I'll dunk the doll's head in a bowl of ice water and leave it there until it's cool to the touch to set the style.

I used larger drinking straws wrapped lengthwise to add loose spiral curls to my Robecca, securing them with paper towel wedges and bobby pins the second time around and it worked to what I was trying to do in the first place. I left an elastic around her waist to hold each straw as I made my way around. After giving her a boil perm and letting her sit in her ice bowl, I then left her to dry for about 15 hrs in front of a small tabletop fan which also helped to set everything.

Good luck, and I hope you're able to come up with something you're happy with! :)

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #343 on: September 25, 2012, 03:43:17 PM »
I didn't know Robecca's hair was kanekalon, but I guess it makes sense. I straightened her hair with my flat iron set around 140-ish. It worked well. I know that doesn't help with the curling, but it defrizzed her hair for me.

Offline WeepingPiano

• Medieval Merpony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 25, 2012, 04:02:24 PM »
I picked up a Venus today :) I was a little torn about her, but once I saw her in person I really wanted her. There were about five on the shelf (and all of them looked really nice) and one Robecca.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal