collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 35684 times)

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #210 on: September 19, 2012, 04:55:38 AM »
What are your guys thoughts about "BJD styled"/"soft Doll Look" repaints/Customs of MH?

I am so torn in my opinion about them. They can look so fantastic and well done , and really sweet and so. But I also feel that the MH look that I love so much, that I fell in love with at first, get lost in them...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Adoptable made by me

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 19, 2012, 05:11:15 AM »
Has any other UKer found Robecca or Venus in Argos? I still have not had any luck I my local stores.
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 19, 2012, 06:02:59 AM »
What are your guys thoughts about "BJD styled"/"soft Doll Look" repaints/Customs of MH?

I am so torn in my opinion about them. They can look so fantastic and well done , and really sweet and so. But I also feel that the MH look that I love so much, that I fell in love with at first, get lost in them...
well, I like em! I just think that there are so many MH out the with that signature look that I am able to appreciate something different!

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 19, 2012, 06:54:02 AM »

As long as their eyes are proportionate to their head, I love them. I think they make the dolls look so delicate with their waif like limbs.

Now, what I don't like are the tiny-eyed customs. sure, they're really well done, but they're offputting. DX But that's okay, I'm not buying them.

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 19, 2012, 07:02:16 AM »

As long as their eyes are proportionate to their head, I love them. I think they make the dolls look so delicate with their waif like limbs.

Now, what I don't like are the tiny-eyed customs. sure, they're really well done, but they're offputting. DX But that's okay, I'm not buying them.
Kinda how I feel about customs in general. I like the ones that are proportionate to MH dolls (because as it stands I feel only MH styled eyes work for the face molds) and that's about it... sadly most of what i see are the super tiny, alien eyed customs that totally have so much put into them, but look really odd on the heads.

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 19, 2012, 08:04:15 AM »
I recently got Rochelle... I felt so stupid for thinking her earrings were part of her headband, lol  :blush:
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline amenoo

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 19, 2012, 08:23:01 AM »
Oh i just found a really nice custom out of a Clawdeen with Pink and Mint hair, so i really thinking of getting a GB or DT Clawdeen and rehair in those colours

Adoptable made by me

Offline SunnieBunny

• Trade Count: (+26)
    • View Profile
    • http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v665/sunniebunny/MLP%204%20TRADE/
« Reply #217 on: September 19, 2012, 08:26:32 AM »
I have an extra dotd clawdeen sitting around if you want her to customize pm me

My Monster High OC of Myself Sunnie Bunny with My Custom TMNT

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #218 on: September 19, 2012, 08:30:55 AM »

I'm more of a naysayer. I think a lot of them look weird and lose all of the vibrancy I expect from MH dolls. It's really rare to see one I can even tolerate, though there has been one or two.

I hope no one throws fakies at me for saying that. Please keep in mind it's only my opinion and the opinion only counts toward this specific thing. I have no ill will for anyone who does make these. It's their doll and a lot of people do like these particular repaints and that's cool. They're just not for me, that's all. :)

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline amenoo

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 19, 2012, 08:37:15 AM »
I have an extra dotd clawdeen sitting around if you want her to customize pm me

Thank you for offering, but her make-up is a little too bold I think ^^

Adoptable made by me

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 19, 2012, 09:00:35 AM »

I appreciate the artistry, but it's not my style at all. Particularly the ones where the eyes are super tiny and squinty. But that leaves more customs for those who like them :D

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 19, 2012, 09:02:24 AM »

Err...Iono, what both you and Yuru said is basically what I wanted to say. There some other things I wanna say, but I know people are gonna grab their pitchforks, torches and chase after me.

I'm not saying they're badly done. I've seen several and the I'm not gonna lie, the people who do those customs, they're AMAZINGLY done and they deserve the credit, praise and all that good stuff, but to me it just doesn't look right on a MH Doll.

All in all, they are nicely done, but they're not my cup of tea and I do not like them. >,<; *Runs away before she gets chase down by an angry mob*
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 09:58:59 AM by LuvlyMelody »
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

papier

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #222 on: September 19, 2012, 09:38:20 AM »
Has any other UKer found Robecca or Venus in Argos? I still have not had any luck I my local stores.

Try tescos! Tesco online had them both in stock recently, they may be back in again. I got Robecca from Argos, and had to buy Venus from tesco.

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #223 on: September 19, 2012, 10:02:17 AM »
There are a few realistic MH customs I like, but they are few and far between. I much prefer the cartoony style they originally had over anything realistic.

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 19, 2012, 10:06:00 AM »
I think everyone's customs are wonderful... I like seeing how different people interpret a doll's facemold and turn it into so many different and unique things!  Big eyes, small eyes, lots of make up, au naturel, whatever... I love seeing people's creativity with these dolls.  :D
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal