collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 35685 times)

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #225 on: September 19, 2012, 10:47:34 AM »
I think everyone's customs are wonderful... I like seeing how different people interpret a doll's facemold and turn it into so many different and unique things!  Big eyes, small eyes, lots of make up, au naturel, whatever... I love seeing people's creativity with these dolls.  :D

I have to agree from a purely artistic standpoint. I love seeing how well they do the details.

From a 'I want to own it' stand point, I don't like though.

It's complicated! Hahah. It's like acknowladging that a piece of fine art is wonderfully done, but the subject matter makes you not want to hang it in your living room you know?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline DiamondDreams

• Trade Count: (+135)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 19, 2012, 10:48:29 AM »
I think everyone's customs are wonderful... I like seeing how different people interpret a doll's facemold and turn it into so many different and unique things!  Big eyes, small eyes, lots of make up, au naturel, whatever... I love seeing people's creativity with these dolls.  :D

^  I'm pretty much the same with any sort of custom though...I can appreciate all sorts....doesn't mean it's the type I would make, but I love seeing the variety that people make and the inspiration they can take from the source :) 

Meow by Jamiefof, on Flickr

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 19, 2012, 11:08:10 AM »
I painted Rochelle's nails.  ^.^ I really want to paint all my dolls' nails, but I'll resist. :P

Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 19, 2012, 12:07:01 PM »
I'm a little picky about the customs I truly love, but style usually doesn't matter too much. As long as it looks like it was done with love and was carefully painted, I'm not sure why I wouldn't find a reason to completely dislike it by any means. We all see things differently and have a different idea of what makes or breaks a custom for is, but it doesn't mean we can't appreciate the artwork an artist has done, even if we don't want to go run and buy it. :P
I don't usually fall in love with tiny-eyed customs, but this bee girl is absolutely darling..
As for the 'sweet look' customs, those are my favourite. I've fallen in love with so many sweet looking Frankie customs...
However, 'dark' look customs are just as gorgeous. There's a SS Lala repaint up on eBay right now that I SO wish I could afford right now! ;___;

EDIT: The nails on Rochelle look perfect!! :lovey:
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 19, 2012, 12:21:33 PM »
According to someone on tumblr, the JC Penney exclusive Roadster set with Draculaura is starting to hit stores:
http://jadestoybox.tumblr.com/post/31870088397/look-what-i-just-found-best-early-birthday

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #230 on: September 19, 2012, 12:25:41 PM »
There are a few realistic MH customs I like, but they are few and far between. I much prefer the cartoony style they originally had over anything realistic.
This. The more realistic dolls - both MH customs and the actual BJDs and such - tend to creep me out. It's the uncanny valley effect.

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 19, 2012, 12:46:45 PM »
I like most of the customs for that reason, actually. Ever since I was a child I liked all "spooky/scary" things and Halloween. So, the scary customs, I really enjoy. In fact, I wanted to customize a few myself to be real freak jobs. :lol:

I also really like the pony MH dolls like this one: http://monstroushair.deviantart.com/art/My-Little-Monster-High-Doll-258538716 They're just so wrong. I love how scary and weird you can make an MH doll.

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Offline DiamondDreams

• Trade Count: (+135)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 19, 2012, 01:02:29 PM »
roflmao- I had never seen the pony dolls before.....  I'm speechless :)

Meow by Jamiefof, on Flickr

MelodyMistress

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #233 on: September 19, 2012, 01:18:43 PM »
I was in my local USA Dollar General looking for fakies of either MH or MLOP But instead I found real MH dolls. Two Dead tired Abby, 2 DT Clawdeen, and 1 DT Draculara.. for $15 a piece! Sadly I couldn't get them, but now I really want an Abby her hair was all glittery-shiny...

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 19, 2012, 03:43:52 PM »
Just ordered hair for all my MH customs!

as it is now;
Black Saran for Onnie
Purple and Pink Nylon for Matha
Orange red Saran for Harpea
Blonde, Pink and Mint Saran and Nylon for Clawdeen rehair

Hopefully they will turn out alright :D

Adoptable made by me

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 19, 2012, 03:53:01 PM »
That reminds me, I still have this wig cap that needs rehairing.. I just.. dunno who it's going to. I think at this point I should give my dragon a proper wig because the Liv one I have on her, the peg is breaking from how I forced it into her head and I don't have anything to stick it in there otherwise...

But I dunno what colors to get, or if I have it in me to do that entire cap ;o;

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 19, 2012, 04:56:41 PM »
According to someone on tumblr, the JC Penney exclusive Roadster set with Draculaura is starting to hit stores:
http://jadestoybox.tumblr.com/post/31870088397/look-what-i-just-found-best-early-birthday

Are there pics of the Draculaura herself somewhere? From what I can see of her in that pic, I really like her, but I want to see what the rest of her looks like to decide. I don't want the car (I'm dreading finding out the price, I'm sure it's not cheap) but my mom does have a J.C. Penney credit card, so depending on how she looks, I may have to pick up the set and sell the car.

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 19, 2012, 05:04:39 PM »

Are there pics of the Draculaura herself somewhere? From what I can see of her in that pic, I really like her, but I want to see what the rest of her looks like to decide. I don't want the car (I'm dreading finding out the price, I'm sure it's not cheap) but my mom does have a J.C. Penney credit card, so depending on how she looks, I may have to pick up the set and sell the car.
That tumblr user did debox her :3 - http://jadestoybox.tumblr.com/post/31877178990/okay-here-are-pictures-of-the-jcpenny-draculaura

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 19, 2012, 05:59:10 PM »
Eh, I'm not so fond of her hair or makeup. I love her dress, though.

I originally only wanted a Draculaura doll, but then I saw Rochelle and I want her, and now that I keep seeing pics of her, I want Spectra as well. This isn't good because if I start buying MH dolls, I'll have to pass on lots of upcoming MLPs to have the cash for it. I remember back when they first came out, I was going to get a Draculaura, but I put her back and got four G4 singles instead for the same cost. Of course, Christmas is coming up, so maybe I can manage to talk my mom into getting me one of them.

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #239 on: September 19, 2012, 06:17:18 PM »
Yes! And she doesn't have buck-teeth! LOL Totally going to be looking for this Lala!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal