collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The unofficial Monster High Confessions Thread!  (Read 5229 times)

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: The unofficial Monster High Confessions Thread!
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2012, 05:29:46 PM »
I just thought of another one.

I dislike clothes made for MH that make them look 'flat'. The poor things have the smallest little chests ever, accentuate them, don't hide them! I don't know why I feel this way, but I just love clothes that flatter their figures. Things like coats and robes don't count, 'cause those are not close to the body like a dress or blouse.

Bouncing off of this: I feel like Physical Dead Ghoulia's shirt just looks odd with her figure. Like, she's running around sans-bra. I don't know why, it just strikes me as looking very different than all the other outfits.

Argentum-Zeena

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2012, 12:36:11 AM »
I've thought of another :P

I haven't bought any new clothes or shoes in the past year, and so long as I keep collecting these dolls I won't anytime soon. Note that I barely have any clothes, and have less than 5 pairs of shoes ^^; Thankfully, I have aunts who like to give clothes as gifts.

Offline coinoperatedgirl

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I paint stuff.
    • View Profile
    • Coin-Operated Customs
« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2012, 05:49:07 AM »
I seriously want Venus's hairstyle! I know, that's the most odd one to pick, but I love how she rocks it! My husband would KILL me, though.

I had a femme-hawk back in the day and I loved it. TBH, I miss it dearly, but hubbs has told me plenty of times that he will not be happy if I get another one.  :P

I encourage hair experimentation! It'll go back to normal before long, anyway. Might as well have fun with it!

If I could get away with it at work, I'd totally do it.  But I work in healthcare, and I'm already pushing the envelope with my half-black, half-crimson hair.

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2012, 06:29:36 AM »
I seriously want Venus's hairstyle! I know, that's the most odd one to pick, but I love how she rocks it! My husband would KILL me, though.

I had a femme-hawk back in the day and I loved it. TBH, I miss it dearly, but hubbs has told me plenty of times that he will not be happy if I get another one.  :P

I encourage hair experimentation! It'll go back to normal before long, anyway. Might as well have fun with it!

If I could get away with it at work, I'd totally do it.  But I work in healthcare, and I'm already pushing the envelope with my half-black, half-crimson hair.

Yeah, that work thing stops me too.. I'm a high school teacher. I don't think my new principal would like it either....

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2012, 08:14:54 AM »

Her hair style is actually not a hawk, but an undercut! The nice thing about those is that you can cover them easy depeneding upon how much you shave. :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2012, 11:46:24 AM »

Interesting. One of the nurses that does my IV for Remicaid has dreads and it doesn't seem to bother anyone. Guess it just depends on who you work for.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline coinoperatedgirl

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I paint stuff.
    • View Profile
    • Coin-Operated Customs
« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2012, 04:25:43 PM »

Interesting. One of the nurses that does my IV for Remicaid has dreads and it doesn't seem to bother anyone. Guess it just depends on who you work for.

My hair doesn't bother anyone but my district manager.  Corporate handbook dictates that all hair must be "normal" colored.  My hair has been unnaturally red for 15 years now.  It's normal to me, and my patients love it.

Knibitz

« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2012, 06:19:47 PM »
~ I really love my MH customs... I don't understand why I feel confident in them, but can't paint a BJD for the life of me...

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2012, 06:21:58 PM »
~ I really love my MH customs... I don't understand why I feel confident in them, but can't paint a BJD for the life of me...

Maybe because the dolls are made of different material?

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Knibitz

« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2012, 06:26:16 PM »

Maybe because the dolls are made of different material?

I doubt it. Exact same materials and concepts are used.
I used the techniques I use for bjd face ups on the MH dolls.

I'm wondering if it's just because the mh dolls are smaller? I dont have to make such large strokes and blushing areas aren't so large?
I've actually been trolling the market looking for a blank pukifee or lati to paint to see what would happen :X

it could also be because I have 10X nicer pastels (from student mungyos to set of rembrandts) but I find that hard to believe XD

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2012, 05:30:45 PM »
Yesterday, one of the local chains that sells MH dolls was having a 25% off sale. So I went and I found DT Cleo and DT Ghoulia, so I got them because I wanted their pajamas and accessories (I'm going to sell the two dolls nude along with their stands and brushes).

While I was out, I discovered that not only was the usually overpriced and understocked toy store having a 25% off sale as well, but they also had the Roller Maze girls plus some of the DDG girls. I bought a Lagoona. I was tempted to buy Spectra as well but refrained since I really don't like her very much.

Turns out the Lagoona has wonky eyes. I probably will sell her nude and just keep her stuff. She's cute but not really any cuter than the three other Lagoonas I've already got.

Anyway, today I had some errands to do, so I went back to the mall and, for some reason I cannot explain, I bought a DDG Spectra and a signature Spectra. My plan is to take the regular hands off the signature Spectra and put them on the DDG Spectra, as I don't like those grafted-on chains, and then sell the signature Spectra.

But can someone please explain to me why I just bought not one but two versions of a doll that I don't even like?! What the heck is wrong with me?!?!   :help:

Offline Kalavista

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+276)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Open for commissions!
    • View Profile
    • KalaCustoms
« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2012, 06:26:08 PM »
I confess!!!

* I loathe boy dolls. Have none.

* JACKSON HAS A WOMAN'S VOICE. Therefore I cannot stand his character.

* I let my son play with dolls.

* But not MY dolls.

* He gets the Bratz. MH are MINE. He covets my original Frankie.

* I can't bear to keep any dolls MIB.

* I just bought myself a half-dozen dolls for Christmas.

* And them being MIB in the closet is driving me CRAZY!!!! hehehehe

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2012, 07:12:41 PM »
Yesterday my boyfriend saw me looking at Monster High dolls and asked if I was going to become "obsessed" with them too (just like MLP). I told him no I was not going to get into them. Last night, I bought my very first doll: Rochelle :lol:
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2012, 07:19:48 PM »
2) Ghoulia is by far my least favorite character. I've never really "gotten" the obsession with zombies. Originally, i thought it was neat that they had a super-smart, academically inclined character in a fashion doll line. I also really liked that she and Cleo had a genuine friendship (not because Cleo needed her for homework, or because Ghoulia wanted social status). But I feel she's become over-used, and bordering on Mary-Sueish.
Siiiiigh, definitely this. Sorry Ghoulia :(

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2012, 09:08:34 PM »
I confess!!!

* I loathe boy dolls. Have none.

* JACKSON HAS A WOMAN'S VOICE. Therefore I cannot stand his character.

* I can't bear to keep any dolls MIB.

* And them being MIB in the closet is driving me CRAZY!!!! hehehehe

I am determined to customize some boy dolls and make them look hot. Their head-to-neck area makes me nuts though. Doesn't he though??? Holt makes me crazy too. I can't keep anything in a box either. I long to play and brush their hair!
Sorry about it driving you crazy :( Who did you get??  :tellme:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal