collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The unofficial Monster High Confessions Thread!  (Read 5123 times)

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
Re: The unofficial Monster High Confessions Thread!
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2012, 11:50:06 AM »
Okay, another since so many are discussing it: I adore Holt's doll and Jackson's doll, I just (an hour ago) bought Holt and have owned Jackson since he was released in signature. I love them both!

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2012, 11:56:18 AM »
- I had Gil in my hands and then decided not to get him "because I don't collect the boys", REALLY regretting this now!
- I'm the biggest fan of Phantom of the Opera, but I don't like Operetta at all and I'm a bit disappointed by this :'(
- I spoil my sig. Abbey rotten! She has five times as many outfits as the rest of the girls combined! D:
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2012, 12:07:47 PM »
- I'm the biggest fan of Phantom of the Opera, but I don't like Operetta at all and I'm a bit disappointed by this :'(

I was like this as well. Now that I have her, she has grown on me, though her outfit certainly hasn't. Nor has her voice in the webisodes. >.<

They should release dolls of the parents so we can have a Phantom doll. Ha ha!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2012, 12:12:19 PM »
I tend to like canon pairings, but one I just can't get behind is Draculaura and Clawd. :< Clawd is a cool guy and all, and I like the "forbitten love" thing in theory, but he's just..such...a terrible..dresser. :x It just doesn't suit my little pink princess! Also, a fearleader dating the captain of the main school sports team is a little too stereotypical for me. Gah I'm shallow. -_- And she likes him so much! Every time I see them together I'm all "why can't I support this? I'm a terrible doll mommy!"

I immediately got behind it, because as a short girl who loves tall guys, I was all, "OMG SO CUTE SHORT VAMPIRE WITH SUPER-TALL WEREWOLF BOY!" ShortxTall ships make me squee.

Uh, a confession. Okay.

1. I'm currently trying to find work. I'm supposed to be finding work to help with bills and saving up for a house, but I had a great interview today and all I could think was, "I am going to buy so many dolls!"  :blush:

2. I love conning my husband into doing photo shoots with the girls. I think it's adorable that he's not ashamed to photograph my dolls.

3.  I am fond of both Jackson Jekyll and Holt Hyde. Most people only like one or the other, or neither. I find them both charming in their own way and I'm desperate to get my hands on their dolls.

Aww, that's another reason I should like it! I'm barely 5 feet tall and my boyfriend is like, 6' 2". I never thought of that aspect of UlaxClawd. XD

Don't worry, ideally you'll get the job, and have enough extra income to do all of those things!

I actually like both Jackson and Holt too, I was surprised to learn there were so many who do not. I think Holt's semi-overbearing but earnest exuberance is charming ("Franken-fine-stine!" just kills me, I love it), while Jackson's shy nerdiness is so endearing. Holt does have the slightly better personality, as Jackson can be almost snivelly at times, but Holt's fashion sense is somewhat questionable while Jackson is a really handsome doll.

Hm, speaking of, I might start shipping Jackson with Ula if I didn't like FrankiexJackson so much... (He's a mad scientist, just like her dad, it's so cute! :inlove: Though I'm not sure if it could work logistically. ^^; )

Offline aero_oceana

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/aero_oceana
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2012, 12:18:50 PM »
I feel guilty when I buy a brand new doll just for their clothes! *blushes* I always imagine they are sooo happy to be getting a new home... and then they have to get stripped down naked and shipped off to someone else. Oh, the indignity!

Also, I have Holt and Abbey paired together for the fire/ice reason. However, if they ever really do make Heath I'll probably pair him with Abbey instead.

Thanks to Sorrow for my gorgeous sig and also for my beautiful avatar!
Formerly known as Aerosmith_Gal.

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2012, 12:38:56 PM »
I
Also, I have Holt and Abbey paired together for the fire/ice reason. However, if they ever really do make Heath I'll probably pair him with Abbey instead.

Me too!!

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2012, 01:07:15 PM »
- I have INFINITE regret for not just indulging my curiosity when the line first showed up in stores. I was mildly intersted in Draculaura but went "loldolls? I didn't even like them as a kid! Yeah the vampire chick is cute.. but eh." Especially because I saw Holt all the time and even saw the Cleo/Deuce pack a few times at.. I think it was Ross (either way it was a 'closeout store").
- Along the same vain as the above... I hate myself for not grabbing a Toralei I had, in my hands at Walmart one time while grocery shopping. Again I was "She's cuuuute. But $20...." even though my fiance harassed me into getting it, but I still declined. I never saw her after that...

I probably have a few more things to admit but can't think right now, haha.

Flutterwonder13

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2012, 01:42:56 PM »
Ok, how about this:

-I dislike Frankie and am in no rush to buy her. Why? She reminds me of Twilight Sparkle, who I can't stand! *gets shot*
- I love Jackson and Holt! Not the dolls, but the characters. They remind me of myself to a tee! I can be shy and quiet or crazy, and a lot of times the crazy is activated by music!  :blink:

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2012, 04:47:22 PM »

I was like this as well. Now that I have her, she has grown on me, though her outfit certainly hasn't. Nor has her voice in the webisodes. >.<

They should release dolls of the parents so we can have a Phantom doll. Ha ha!
Please go work for Mattel right now, ok? Because this must happen.

I, too, am a huge "phan" and I actually love Operetta. I like how music was incorporated into her outfit, and I love the scars and tattoos. I actually kinda like the accent, too, but maybe that's because I find it hilarious to think of Erik trying to deal with the less sophisticated south (compared to Paris), and raise a teenaged daughter. I just think of it as an AU, I guess.

And Christine is totally her mother.
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2012, 05:07:17 PM »
I feel guilty when I buy a brand new doll just for their clothes! *blushes* I always imagine they are sooo happy to be getting a new home... and then they have to get stripped down naked and shipped off to someone else. Oh, the indignity!

Don't feel guilty, I hate the stock clothes and I am very grateful to people who will sell me just the doll!

Confessions:

-I saw the show ages ago and thought it was so cute and wished I had a daughter to give me an excuse to buy the dolls. Then it was those darn $4.19 SS B&W Frankie dolls. I snagged 6 of them so I could customize them and send a couple to friends. That was this spring and now I have at least 12 dolls and I'm hoping to find the bee girl (have her torso already) this weekend. Those Mattel people know what they are doing. That clearance was genius. Like crack dealers who give you the first hit free or something. Well played, Mattel, well played.
- I too passed on a shelf full of Gils  :shakefist: but this was before the Frankie incident. I LOVE boys, ponies or dolls. I don't particularly like their sculpts of the boys, but I can work with it. I am so looking forward to the new CAM boys and I wish they would release more boys. (and re-release Gil.)
- [rant warning!] I can't stand Holt. I think he sounds like a middle aged woman doing a bad impression of a crazy evangelist preacher. I do like the concept of Holt, just that voice! AGH! Also, Operetta's voice annoys me. I think she sounds like she could be voiced by Reba McIntyre's mom. They should have gotten a young, cute girl to do the voice, preferably with a French accent. I do like her styling with the pretty scars.
- I actually don't have many of the show characters, I tend to like OOAK things so I collect the CAMS (although I plan to customize most of them).
- the only truly productive thing I have done today is shop for fabric and and trim for doll stuff and make some bloomers for my CAM skeleton girl. True story. (I have been working really hard on my ponies/housework/getting kids ready for school all week AND my husband has been working 7 days a week lately)

Offline keylimepony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Kiwi Tart
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2012, 06:50:34 PM »
Oh I thought of a few more! All of my dolls have a pony that is theirs as well as a Pokemon figure. Every doll I've bought so far came without a pet so I gave them two from my other collections (ponies and Pokemon). For example, Lagoona's pony is Bubbles and her Pokemon is Carvanha (Piranha Pokemon).
Thank you TwistedRainbow for my avatar and RainbowJuice for my signature!

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2012, 07:22:11 PM »
*I feel slightly guilty owning dolls like Gil and SDCC Ghoulia knowing there are so many folks looking for them :blush:

*I don't like a lot of dolls that are super popular like Venus, Toralie and Robecca. I like some things about them but not enough to buy them.

*Abbey's hands really bug me as they're so friggin HUGE esp. compared to her little stick forearms (fortunately her sig version's arm warmers cover them).

*Sig Frankie and Sig Ghoulia are my first dolls and so get special treatment:P

*I will hem and haw over a doll's price but won't bat an eye over it when buying their fashion packs/stock outfits. (I'm the same with ponies and Pullips)

Offline Wrenn_Rosencrantz

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • Somewhere over the rainbow...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2012, 08:27:26 PM »
Oh this looks fun!  Let's see...

~ I didn't actually like MH dolls when I first saw them.  My best friend was gushing over them, and I looked and was very unimpressed.  Their proportions drove me nuts, so I just ignored them.

~ This all changed when said best friend bought me a DOTD Cleo.  I kept her at the end of my bed on the chest I had there for a long time.  I only really became interested when I saw... my best friend's Draculaura, when she moved in with me.  I fell in love.

~ After that, she gave me her Draculaura, and she introduced me to the Pony Arena.  I got Lagoona for my birthday and never really looked back.

~ I now have 8 dolls in total, and I'm looking forward to learning how to customise.

~ I feel no shame in being 32 and liking dolls.  I DO feel shame, however, that I'm glad my bestie has a little boy so I don't have to share. (He's not interested in them, I've tried to introduce him to them lol)

~ I have a hard time separating the doll's cartoon personality from the doll themselves.  Hence, I can't bring myself to buy any of the werecats (even though Toralei fits my persona the best if I just re-rooted her).

~ For some reason, I can't stand dolls with blue skin.  This has stopped me from getting Holt, Abbey and Ghoulia.  (Lagoona's is light enough that it doesn't bother me, and Ghoulia is a close second.)

~ I prefer Jackson to Holt, mostly because I can't stand Holt's voice acting.  Way too much.  But their character/s speak a little too close to home.

There's more but I feel like I've ranted too much :rolleyes:
Wrenn's Wish List! visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2012, 09:59:47 PM »
Wren- I'm in Oregon  too!! :D and I'm in my mid-thirties and hate Holt's voice too!

Also, that is so super sweet of your friend to give you Draculara :)

Offline Wrenn_Rosencrantz

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • Somewhere over the rainbow...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2012, 10:24:26 PM »
I know!  I couldn't believe it, honestly!  She just hands her to me.  "Since you love her more than I do, you can have her."  Seriously sweet.  I have her my witch CAM in return.  ^_^  Hooray for Oregon!
Wrenn's Wish List! visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal