collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The unofficial Monster High Confessions Thread!  (Read 5121 times)

Flutterwonder13

• Trade Count: (0)
The unofficial Monster High Confessions Thread!
« on: September 05, 2012, 06:22:41 PM »
What? The pony thread has one!  :biggrin:

Alrighty.
- I have 4 dolls, and I've been collecting for a little over a week. *Sigh* I'm hooked.
- I love, love, love most versions of Draculaura and it upsets me she's so disliked. She's actually the only one I would consider getting multiple versions of.
- I don't like any version of Clawdeen so far. She seems....trashy. I don't know.

I'm probably going to think of more, but it's your turn!

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
Re: The unofficial Monster High Confessions Thread!
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 06:34:03 PM »
I have less than 10 dolls and have been collecting for almost a year. I can't buy anymore because my OCD is the devil on BOTH shoulders telling me I don't need more even though I love them. I have a terrible fear that if I have too many dolls, I won't "pay enough attention to them all" and hurt their theoretical feelings..Sort of. I don't know, I just feel like if I have a bunch of dolls, some will be neglected and refuse to buy more unless I absolutely LOOOOOVE them.

tl;dr I am afraid of having too many dolls because I don't think I'll have the time to take care of them all and feel bad because of it.

I can't stand most versions of Ghoulia even though she's my favourite. I mean, I can admit they're gorgeous, but I can't make myself buy any other than the SDCC one I have.

I'm always thinking about changing my dolls outfits, but I can never come up with anything creative enough and they're all too pricy on eBay.

Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 06:54:21 PM »
Darn! You beat me to it!  :blush:

- I hate having so few outfits for my ghouls. I feel like a bad "mom".  :(

I have less than 10 dolls and have been collecting for almost a year. I can't buy anymore because my OCD is the devil on BOTH shoulders telling me I don't need more even though I love them. I have a terrible fear that if I have too many dolls, I won't "pay enough attention to them all" and hurt their theoretical feelings..Sort of. I don't know, I just feel like if I have a bunch of dolls, some will be neglected and refuse to buy more unless I absolutely LOOOOOVE them.

tl;dr I am afraid of having too many dolls because I don't think I'll have the time to take care of them all and feel bad because of it.

I can't stand most versions of Ghoulia even though she's my favourite. I mean, I can admit they're gorgeous, but I can't make myself buy any other than the SDCC one I have.

I'm always thinking about changing my dolls outfits, but I can never come up with anything creative enough and they're all too pricy on eBay.

This. Ever single word of this!!!

I've been collecting for a year and a few months and I'm still under 10 dolls... and I kinda like it that way. I must admit I feel kinda embaressed when everyone else has like, 37 and I'm just like, "I just got my 8th! OH YEAH BABY!  :woot::blush:

She's my favorite too. I really wished that they just continued with the hair she has in her Sig. release. The hair she usually has (Like in SS and DotD) isn't too flattering, IMO.  ._. And the only versions she has the soft hair is in exclusive dolls, and the sig.!  :cry:
Yeah... I hate how MH dolls have such a limited wardrobe.. The fact that we never get the fashion packs doesn't help much, either.  >_< And if there were more patterns out there, maybe I could sew them an outfit or two. But sadly, there are very few of those, too.  :huh:
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 06:58:19 PM »
I feel really bad having so few outfits as well. :cry:
Everytime I see someone selling loose outfit pieces, I jump in and send a PM but they're usually taken by the time my message is read. There are also SO many gorgeous things on Etsy but I can't afford to buy a lot of them so I have a hard time choosing and end up picking nothing. I'm soooo lame... :blush:
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 07:02:27 PM »
Hi! i love Ghoulia ... and am sooo totally devastated i'll never have her SDCC version lol cause i know that's the big gaping hole in my Ghoulia hoarde ... lol

i haven't counted my ghouls ... but there's a lot of them ... and i want more ... 99% of them stay stock ... but the CAMs are my fun ones in deciding who/what they are and what they get to wear ... YAY!

worst confession ... i got my SS Gill when a girl sat him down the shelf and walked away and i went "YOINK!" ... literally said "YOINK!" and walked straight to the registers ... *facepalm* ... i had never seen him before then ... and i never saw him after ... lol
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 07:11:53 PM »
Another one..

- I lost Ghoulia's glasses forever ago. I feel horrible! I always feel like she's as blind as a bat ever time I see her now that they're gone..   :cloud:
- I always get mad when I have an idea for a MH OC but they're taken.  :enraged:
Almost always theirs' doesn't look anything like mine, but still.  :mad:

I feel really bad having so few outfits as well. :cry:
Everytime I see someone selling loose outfit pieces, I jump in and send a PM but they're usually taken by the time my message is read. There are also SO many gorgeous things on Etsy but I can't afford to buy a lot of them so I have a hard time choosing and end up picking nothing. I'm soooo lame... :blush:

Don't worry - I'm lame too!  :bigups: No, but seriously. The stuff on there is great, but don't want to buy a dress for the same amount as another doll..!
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Flutterwonder13

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 07:19:13 PM »

worst confession ... i got my SS Gill when a girl sat him down the shelf and walked away and i went "YOINK!" ... literally said "YOINK!" and walked straight to the registers ... *facepalm* ... i had never seen him before then ... and i never saw him after ... lol

Oh good Lord. XD Please tell me she wasn't 6!

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 07:23:59 PM »
if she was six i would have picked her up and handed him back to her and scooted her little butt back to to her parents and said "BUY THIS FOR HER NOW! OH AND MAKE SURE SHE DOESN'T BREAK IT AND YOU'LL BE HAPPY YOU DID LATER!" lol no, they had to be older, maybe early teens/pre-teen

i worked in a toys tore for 10 years ... i could never do that to a 6 year old! lol i was that "awful beeyotch" who always made sure to keep the stuff all the scalpers wanted OFF the floor until they left and then it magically reappeared for the REAL people lol

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline bewilderness

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+79)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 07:28:03 PM »
The only time I ever saw Robecca and Venus in the store, they had 2 of each and I picked up all four...one of each for me and one of each to sell (sold one on here and one on ebay).  I don't usually pick up extras.  I felt like such a toy scalper. >_>

I spent $40 on a DotD Lagoona...just so I could get her shoes.  They were a major grail of mine. *budgeting fail*

Operetta is my least favorite doll and character.  Partly because I think her bright red hair clashes terribly with her light purple skin and partly because her voice just rubs me the wrong way.  I would've liked Arachne much better.  I wish she had gotten released.

And finally...I spend wayyyyyy too much on these.  I've never even spent this much on ponies before!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 07:33:18 PM by bewilderness »

Flutterwonder13

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2012, 07:29:17 PM »
if she was six i would have picked her up and handed him back to her and scooted her little butt back to to her parents and said "BUY THIS FOR HER NOW! OH AND MAKE SURE SHE DOESN'T BREAK IT AND YOU'LL BE HAPPY YOU DID LATER!" lol no, they had to be older, maybe early teens/pre-teen

i worked in a toys tore for 10 years ... i could never do that to a 6 year old! lol i was that "awful beeyotch" who always made sure to keep the stuff all the scalpers wanted OFF the floor until they left and then it magically reappeared for the REAL people lol

I'm terribly sorry, but now I'm imagining a fully-grown woman staring intently at Gil, some unsuspecting teen putting it down and turns away, then said woman charges up, takes Gil and yells "YOINK!!" then proceeds to run away laughing like a lunatic, waving the doll around. XD

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2012, 07:33:29 PM »
When looking for Venus and Robecca the first time, I searched every store every day. Target, Wal-Mart, TRU, KMart. I even traveled over 50 miles looking for them. Had Target's DPCI tracker on my phone looking for them. Woke up one Saturday and Target had restock signature dolls. I "stole" my husband's SUV (I was outta gas, it isn't really theft) and raced out to the farthest Target in town just to get them. When I saw Venus staring at me from the edge of the Toy Section, I skipped/ran over to her. I was so excited to find them I saw shaking.

Oh! Speaking of shaking, I was almost in tears when I found Dead Tired Lagoona/Hydration Station in TRU. The cashier thought I was crazy as I was shaking and fighting off tears. [SUPER grail for me]

plague

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2012, 07:36:35 PM »
I ended up buying a SS Ghoulia out of pity but sadly she just sat in my closet for a few months....

I eventually repainted her and sold her so there is some ray of sunshine there. xP

Jackson's in there currently. I can't bring myself to display just one boy doll. x.o

Offline Summer-blade

• Trade Count: (+40)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100000958584055
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2012, 07:49:26 PM »
I got a CAM dragon vowing she would be my only MH doll and um...yhea I'm buying another one of Friday...

add to that my doll now has 14 outfits....yhea 14

and I've been itching to do a custom lately

edit- and on a unrelated note hey look 1313 posts!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 07:50:59 PM by Summer-blade »

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2012, 08:12:00 PM »
I'm terribly sorry, but now I'm imagining a fully-grown woman staring intently at Gil, some unsuspecting teen putting it down and turns away, then said woman charges up, takes Gil and yells "YOINK!!" then proceeds to run away laughing like a lunatic, waving the doll around. XD

lol if you guys could only be a fly on the wall when my little escapades happen there wouldn't be a dry seat in the house! lmao

just recently i was sitting in the middle of a walmart aisle surrounded by 8 venuses being mobbed by walmart people aksing me if everything was okay so i just started asking them random questions like *holds up one venus* "do you think one of her nostrils looks bigger than the other?" or "do you think her pet plant looks ill?" ... they eventually left me alone so i could decide upon the best one lmao and the looks i get by wearing all black and fishnet and squeeing over ponies ... *shrugs* with me it happens lol

keeps life interesting for people who have to put up with me lol

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2012, 08:19:37 PM »
when nobody is home i mAKE THEM KISS... I'M A FREAK

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal