collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G4 set availablity  (Read 1420 times)

Offline CrystalSnowflake

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
G4 set availablity
« on: September 05, 2012, 03:44:37 PM »
Are the following sets still available in stores?

Sweet slumbers with applejack and star dreams
Picnic with cheerilee
Cheerilee's ponyville school house

I have never seen them in stores and would really like to get them.
Were they not released widely in the US?
Any information would be helpful in tracking these sets down
Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 05:59:09 AM by hathorcat »
~*Ponies for Sale*~
Sales Link - http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,397254.0.htmll
G4 - Mint Ponies with Accessories and Backcards, Production Sample, Funko Chase, Blind bag, and Buildings

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: G4 set availablity
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 04:01:26 PM »
The Sweet Slumbers w/Star Dreams and Applejack was released as part of a line called "Story Packs".  From what I understand, most of the Story Packs sent out were unevenly balanced as far as which toys were in the boxes - Star Dreams was what we call "short-packed" so she is the hardest to find set from the Story Packs. 

As far as I know, only Europe and Canada received any Sweet Slumbers sets...

If you can find someone to trade with, that might be your best way of finding her.  Aside from Ebay, anyway...
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 07:21:44 PM »
I don't know that any of those sets have been found in the US. :(
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 09:55:58 PM »
I doubt they'll ever show up in the US and it really sucks because I wanted that Star Dreams set and now I'll probably never be able to get it since eBay isn't an option for me. Are they even still in stores in Canada? Because I guess the only way I'd be able to get it is to have someone pick up a set for me. I'm just worried about the price since don't most countries outside the US pay lots more for ponies?

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 02:21:21 AM »
As far as I know, only Europe and Canada received any Sweet Slumbers sets...
Well, there was a time last year when these sets were pretty common over here in Malaysia. Now they're getting rarer.
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 04:48:16 AM »
All of these sets are the "most recent" waves of the Story Packs and Playset packs. So technically if a retailer was to "buy" this product into store this is the most up to date wave available.

It would seem that the previous releases in these waves must not have been successful enough for retailers to warrant buying the later waves or they are still sitting with enough product of earlier waves that they dont need to restock the newer waves.

The lack of new products in this price bracket in the 2012/2013 is an indication that the lines didnt work for retailers - perhaps the US retailers clocked this early and didnt commit to the later waves. 

The Picnic and Slumber set are part of the same wave - they come in the same pack and they are equal in quantity with 3 of each. However the Slumbers set, due to the unique pony, is more popular hence why it clears of shelves first. The Schoolroom set was packed by itself.

You can still get all of them pretty readily in a lot of countries, including here in the UK, so as others have suggested your only guarantee of being able to track them down is to find someone outside the US to pick them up for you :) I can help if you want but UK prices do tend to be higher than the US and you may wish them deboxed for shipping.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 06:39:35 AM »
You can still get all of them pretty readily in a lot of countries, including here in the UK, so as others have suggested your only guarantee of being able to track them down is to find someone outside the US to pick them up for you :) I can help if you want but UK prices do tend to be higher than the US and you may wish them deboxed for shipping.
Well, I'm not sure if there's anymore of them over here, but I'll be sure to stock up on them and offer them over here in the forums if I see some :P
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2012, 08:22:55 AM »
I haven't looked at Superstore to see if they are still available in Canada.  Usually I avoid that store like the plague...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline CrystalSnowflake

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2012, 08:57:40 AM »
I am not too concerned about price. I just don't want to miss out on them. It looks like there are several others looking for them on the wanted boards. I am just glad they are still current. If any of you can find them can you post some price information ??
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 03:46:03 PM by hathorcat »
~*Ponies for Sale*~
G4 - Mint Ponies with Accessories and Backcards, Production Sample, Funko Chase, Blind bag, and Buildings

Offline Dusky

• Trade Count: (+134)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Clockwork Firebird Designs
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2012, 09:09:06 AM »
Hrm. I've seen all of those here but didn't get them due to space. Kind of wish I had got some spares now.

However, if they were only out in Europe and the UK the base prices will be higher if you want someone to go buy them. It costs us between £10 and £12 per story pack, and about £15-£20 for the school house, which works out as a lot more than the USA story pack prices.

Offline klein

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Dolls & Ponies oh my!
    • View Profile
    • Pullipsandjunk
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2012, 09:11:09 AM »
Anyone know the availability of any of these sets in Lisbon, Portugal? Any suggestions on certain toy stores to look for them would be greatly appreciated as my hubby is there for a few days and is kind of a clueless pony hunter.

Offline CrystalSnowflake

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2012, 10:09:08 AM »
Yes sherbertlegs that is one of the sets I am talking about
~*Ponies for Sale*~

Offline Dusky

• Trade Count: (+134)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Clockwork Firebird Designs
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2012, 10:21:17 AM »
Honestly I think 'aim for a toy shop and hope' is about the best you can do here at the moment. :/

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2012, 10:44:20 AM »
I haven't seen the picnic or slumber packs anywhere in Ottawa yet.  We had the schoolhouse in abundance, though I twice picked it up for people here on the arena who asked me, and had them tell me they didn't need it after all, and had to return it. =/  It was a good deal when it was on sale, but I think it's about $25, plus shipping.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal