collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Elusive 2011 Pinkie Pie Ornament Re-Run for 2012?  (Read 1666 times)

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
Elusive 2011 Pinkie Pie Ornament Re-Run for 2012?
« on: September 02, 2012, 11:01:41 AM »
Ever since last year, I've been cruising the Internet trying to find a reasonably priced Pinkie Pie 2011 Ornament. When they first hit the Internet, I was too cheap to drop the extra money for shipping and figured that I'd find them in-store soon enough.

I searched and searched and searched, but never found it. The price of the ornament online skyrocketed, and I figured I'd just have to hold out until the hype died down. I've been looking for a 2011 Pinkie ornament ever since, and I think my search may just have made a turn for the lucky. :)

The other day, I noticed that the "Ornaments4less" lists her as a 2012 American Greetings ornament. It's the same exact thing that we saw last year. Could it be that American Greetings isn't making a new Pony ornament for this year, and is instead re-releasing 2011's ornament? I have yet to see a photo of a box or anything, so I'm not 100% convinced that this is the case.

I don't know if I'm allowed to post a link, so here's a screencap of the listing on the site:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 01:29:47 PM by hathorcat »

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
Re: Elusive 2011 Pinkie Pie Ornament Re-Run for 2012?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 11:36:21 AM »
I found one really easily last year and bought one for a swap. It was at Carlton Cards. The price was a little steep, but it was worth it. I hope they re-release her this year, though, as I would like to have one on my tree this year!

Offline medleysong

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 11:39:50 AM »
Wow, how did I miss her last year? She is so cute :) I was thinking about just buying duplicate G4 ponies of the main 6 and turning them into ornaments for the tree this year. They are small enough that I think it would work :)

khyron

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 11:55:03 AM »
The same seller has a store on ebay, if you're interested.  It works out to be about the same cost since the ebay listing has free shipping.

Though their main selling website has a discount for large orders, if you have a lot of gifts to buy.

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 12:01:07 PM »
Wow, how did I miss her last year? She is so cute :) I was thinking about just buying duplicate G4 ponies of the main 6 and turning them into ornaments for the tree this year. They are small enough that I think it would work :)

McDonald ponies make great ornaments, too! I remember turning G3 McD ponies into ornaments back when I got them from McD and had nothing else to do with them. (I wasn't into MLP at the time.)
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 01:08:06 PM »
I actually suddenly saw her for sale again on a site about a week ago but I wasnt sure if it was the sudden discovery of old or unsold stock.

Perhaps she is indeed being relisted...thats great *imagines a whole Pinkie Pie covered Christmas tree*
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Lunar Dust

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 02:47:59 PM »
I got lucky enough to find the last one at TRU near me but everywhere else I thought I would find them either never had them at all or were sold out very quickly. If she is re-leased hope those that missed her can find her this time around.

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2012, 02:57:05 PM »
She's out in Canadian Carleton Cards again :) I saw her yesterday!

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2012, 02:57:56 PM »
I remember searching for her last year for weeks. At the last TRU I checked a few days before Christmas, my sister found her empty box. When I bright it to a counter to see if they had more, my mom came out of the seasonal section with Pinkie held high above her head in victory. She had dug through the entire section (which is utter chaos a few days before Christmas) to find her. Needless to say, that's one of my favorite pony memories!

Glad they might be rereleasing her for those that missed out, but another character would have been nice, too. Maybe even someone other than the mane six. -daydreams about g4 Minty ornament-
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 04:44:33 PM by Mosspath »
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2012, 03:03:35 PM »

McDonald ponies make great ornaments, too! I remember turning G3 McD ponies into ornaments back when I got them from McD and had nothing else to do with them. (I wasn't into MLP at the time.)
the second wave of g4 mcdonalds would make perfect ornaments since they already have a loop to hang them from
~Foxtale~

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2012, 03:44:48 PM »
I could have kicked myself last year. I saw ONE at TRU and didn't get it because the box was kinda crushed thinking they'd get more and they, or anywhere, never did. I wouldn't mind her getting another release this year.

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2012, 03:54:59 PM »
Mosspath, that story is awesome! :) I kept checking my local TRU and KMart last year figuring they'd come in eventually, but I don't think they ever got them.

I'm definitely excited to see her on shelves again, but I was also kind of excited to see what new Pony ornament they'd come up with this year. It looks like there were lots of folks who missed out, though, so I guess this was a good idea after all!

There are lots of Ponies that make great ornaments. I'm looking forward to having a few sparkly Blind Bag ponies on my tree, myself!

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2012, 03:51:53 AM »
Oh I hope I can get one this time round ^.^
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Fortress

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2012, 04:49:42 AM »
If she's really being re-released this year that would be totally awesome and I must get one! :D

PolkaDot99

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2012, 04:55:56 PM »
I do hope they make her agian this year! I saw her once last year at TRU but I didnt know how hard to find she would be. Pinkie pie is my fav so when we finally went back and they were sold out I was like  :shocked: :( I also wish I got the wrapping paper!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal