collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New Fluttershy?  (Read 6081 times)

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
Re: New Fluttershy?
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2012, 07:32:32 PM »
I'm neutral about this. Yay for less waste and them being easier to open.

On the other hand they are easier to steal and i actually agree that the toys look "cheaper" this way. These days i'm used to seeing fakies being packaged this way. Not official MLP products.

It's a bit...lackluster.

^  This.  I've never been a fan of "Mint on Card".  I really like the G4 "Terrariums" they sell them in now! :D  These "blister pack" ones will be harder to store... and way easier to get damaged in storage.  :(

Offline blonde2themax

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2012, 08:11:55 PM »
Very interesting.  I can't wait to see them in stores :3.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Thanks Shenanigans for my sig & Sirithfin for my profile pic :D!
My Sales Page :D!http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,319444.msg580218.html#msg580218
My G3 and Season Swap Wishlisthttp://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,327117.new.html#new

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2012, 09:46:17 PM »
Ooh, tinsel in her hair?!  Love.  And the packaging makes me happy, it will be just like getting a new pony as a kid again!  (not to mention more environmentally friendly)

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2012, 09:57:10 PM »
Is that PINK tinsel in her hair? If each new release comes with colored tinsel, I'm definitely buying them. I am a tinsel FREAK, unlike most collectors.

I really like the new packaging and hope they use it permanently. It looks less dramatic to open up.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline RavenFeather

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2012, 11:31:24 PM »
My first thought seeing the new packaging "G1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"  I have very few memories as a kid getting new G1s, but I just threw me back in my memories, ripping open a new pony and brushing her mane asap.  Wish I had kept those Back Cards though!!!
 Thanks Bronely!

Offline TickledPink

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2012, 11:41:16 PM »
OH MAN I'm getting flashbacks to when I was a kid!! I can't WAIT for this new packaging to hit shelves! *giddy*
The weirdo formally known as ImmortalPanda

Offline MnDancer

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2012, 11:52:25 PM »
It's about time they returned to the G1 style blister packs! Packaging these days has been such a pain in the butt! and I don't think packaging is going to make a very big difference in theft, if someone wants to steal bad enough, they'll just take the whole thing package and all. It's not like the single ponies won't fit package and all inside a good size purse. I'm glad to see the new packaging!
:art:Pony lover since 1983 :rainbow:

Offline BrightIdea

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2012, 12:53:36 AM »
Yay, I was wondering when we would spot her. I wonder how all of the plastic dresses we have seen are going to fit into this line.

This may be a silly question, but do people think these are going to be Target Exclusives? Or is everything new going to be labelled with "Crystal Empire"?

Offline Scraleos

• Trade Count: (+35)
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2012, 12:56:34 AM »
I'm neutral about this. Yay for less waste and them being easier to open.

On the other hand they are easier to steal and i actually agree that the toys look "cheaper" this way. These days i'm used to seeing fakies being packaged this way. Not official MLP products.

It's a bit...lackluster.

I agree about it making them look 'cheaper'. The way it's packaged makes it look like a £2-£3 toy, not a £5-£6 one.

Trade | Wanted | Pony Plushies

Offline Rarityfan2011

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 02, 2012, 02:00:18 AM »
I saw that on Equestria Daily.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 02, 2012, 05:54:09 AM »
I saw that on Equestria Daily.

Yes I see that have "borrowed" the original posters images - lets hope it was with permission :)

Yay, I was wondering when we would spot her. I wonder how all of the plastic dresses we have seen are going to fit into this line.

This may be a silly question, but do people think these are going to be Target Exclusives? Or is everything new going to be labelled with "Crystal Empire"?

Honestly I am undecided but from the fact just about everything that Target have carried this year so far is CE branded and last years "exclusive" Canterlot line, I wouldnt be surprised if this turned out to be Target exclusive.

I say this mainly in the hope the next wave of playful ponies isnt simply another release of the main 6 and that it may include some different brushable characters. But then again the only "new" ponies we have seen in this size are the main 6 in this block eye, tinsel style so perhaps it is going to be wave 9 *depressed by the thought*
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Starbright

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 02, 2012, 07:32:16 AM »
I LOVE this, I never liked the G3 and G4 boxes, this is way better.
Collecting G1 and G3 since 2005  :biggrin:

Takoto

« Reply #72 on: September 02, 2012, 07:55:46 AM »
I want that SO bad! Just for the tea-set!!! I can't help it, I'm obsessed with tea >:

And I like the new packaging- I'm not liking it just for nostalgia as I'm way too young to remember the old G1 packaging, I think it looks simple and quite nice. It's also A LOT more environmentally friendly, which is something a lot of companies should be taking into consideration these days!

As for stealing, I think, if someone wants to steal a pony toy, they're going to steal it regardless of how much or how little packaging their is. They'll steal it regardless of the accessories or anything akin, so... yeah. This probably won't affect the rate at which they're stolen.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 08:18:55 AM by Takoto »

Offline KaibaGirl007

• Blue Eyes pony
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • Depends Pony
  • Screw the rules, I have ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 02, 2012, 08:47:21 AM »
I welcome this new type of packaging :) Not only is it more environmentally friendly but also kiddy friendly. I'm a mother of three and there's been so many times I've seen my daughters frustrated and upset at not being able to open any new toys that they get. Christmas day for me is mostly spent deboxing their toys and even with the use of scissors and moisturiser I still end up with cut, bruised and dry, red raw hands. At least now my girls will soon be able to experience the pleasure and satisfaction of decarding their ponies like I used to at their age. The only thing I'm not keen on is Hasbro seeming to stick to this whole mane 6 business.
FOR SALE! visitors can't see pics , please register or login

On holiday between 18th to 26th April; unable to reply to messages during that time

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 02, 2012, 09:11:14 AM »
Huh, It may not be fancy but I kind of like the new style. It does seem like a bit of a throwback to the G1's.

Coming from someone who lives in a town that charges you to throw away every bag of garbage, I'm really happy to see a resurgence of the blister cards. I usually just throw all the packaging away when it comes to toys, recyling what I can, maybe keeping the back card if it's interesting enough, so this doesn't bother me one bit.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 09:39:08 AM by Mandy85 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal