collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What's this thing?  (Read 1012 times)

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
What's this thing?
« on: August 30, 2012, 10:58:06 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ebay seller's pic.

So, what is that Peachy? She looks too big and shiny to be a molded eraser, pony banks have the space between their legs filled in, and if I'm estimating the height of Bratz shoes correctly, she's roughly the size of my palm.

I thought she might be the top of an electric toothbrush set, but I only found a Lemondrop set in a Google search and Peachy isn't the same mold.

Cake topper? Pencil topper? Any thoughts?

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
Re: What's this thing?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 11:36:55 AM »
Well the picture isn't loading (I assume because it's a TP album pic and I'm not logged in) but I'm curious!

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 11:54:59 AM »
My money is on cake topper, but I have never seen one like that :)
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 12:54:41 PM »
How fascinating!  I wonder if she fastened onto the top of something.  Someone asked about a similar G3 item and it turned out to be part of an umbrella handle... 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Skeen

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 02:33:02 PM »
NoD - yes, TP album pic.  I don't have photobucket at work!  Stupid Websense.  :(

A lady at the TP speculated it was a "straw buddy" but I don't know what that is.  The pony isn't hollow and doesn't have a place for a straw to go through.  Hers has a different colored ribbon to the one in my pic.  Oh!  I should say I bought the lot this thing was in so I'll have it pretty soon for better examination. 

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 04:36:17 PM »
Oh she could well be a straw clip on - thats the only think she reminds me of - but the only picture I have ever seen of one was tiny so although she looks pretty similar it could be a coincidence! I guess we ll have to wait for the lot to arrive with you.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline BabyIceCrystal

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Active collector since 1983
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2012, 06:17:37 PM »
Is it possible she's flat on the other side? It's hard to tell on that picture, but if she is it opens up other possibilities like magnet or part of a barrette or something along those lines.

Want List

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2012, 06:44:27 PM »
she kind of reminds me of a g1 pony pin i used to have ... have to see if i can get a picture up ...

urg ... i can't find my pic and i can't find it online either ... blarg ... but it was a little brooch that would have been about that size, came in a little plastic stable that opened up on a pink wristband and you put the pin inside it or could wear the pin lol
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 06:49:50 PM by kamakazee82 »
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline Skeen

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 09:05:55 PM »
If she's the same as the one in the other thread she's definitely not flat on the other side, and probably not squishy.  Ooh, can't wait to get her and find out!

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 09:26:51 PM »
Hmmm interesting

Hopefully we will find out soon!
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2012, 11:55:31 PM »
I have one of these!
Unfortunately I don't know what she's off of, except perhaps a cake topper?  She's hollow and quite light, with holes under all four hooves.  Full 3D, not flat on the other side, nor with any markings though I strongly suspect she's official, it's impossible to confirm.

Size wise, about 2.5 inches tall, 3 inches long, and 1 inch wide.  Definitely not a pin.  It looks like something may have been glued to the edges of the foot holes at some point, but it's long gone.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 12:01:14 AM by Baby Sugarberry »
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2012, 03:33:04 AM »
The holes in the feet do make her sound like a cake topper Baby Sugarberry. But she is also quite small for a topper.

The straw buddies were flush on one side where they could clip on so if shes completely 3D then that lets that option out.
Loa is my love god!

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2012, 05:04:29 AM »
Mine is in pretty rough shape (looks like someone played with the poor girl a ton!) but she's definitely 3D, and has heart symbols/full paint on both sides of her body, so whatever the use, it was definitely meant to be seen from all sides.  The eyes are pad printed just like a normal MLP though they kind of have a stoned look because of the small pupils.   :lol:  The paint is complete with iris color (blue) and white highlights.  The plastic is hard and sort of ... tinny? if you tap on it, even more rigid than the G1 playset shells. 
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2012, 05:29:41 AM »
I noticed on a picture of one that the front 2 feet look as though they have been glued against something as they are a little discoloured on the surface in comparison to the back 2 feet. Is yours the same way Baby Sugarberry?
Loa is my love god!

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2012, 05:44:26 AM »
Yup, I have glue residue on all four feet, though most of it is on the front hooves.  Very puzzling!  They were most likely stuck on *something*, though what that something was is anyone's guess.  Maybe it was a larger cake topper part?  Like a stable or rainbow or something, and parents disassembled them so their kids could keep the pony?  A pony stuck to scenery isn't nearly as fun after all.

Or possibly a candy container.  Quality wise it doesn't look like something where the pony part was the main deal. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal