collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Jamie Olivers' kids named after MLP...  (Read 1523 times)

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
Jamie Olivers' kids named after MLP...
« on: August 24, 2012, 03:18:20 AM »
Not intentionally I don't think, just saw it on the TV. The newspaper article they were talking about is here.

I don't think it matters what your kids are called as long as it's not too ridiculous, but I like the Jools Oliver has for her kids :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Jamie Olivers' kids named after MLP...
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 03:29:29 AM »
I like unique names for kids but I am more a fan of traditional names - but thats just me :)

Ponies seem so popular right now that any pony angle is making the news...cute find Pink!

*imagines a whole brady bunch of kids named after the Flutter ponies*
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 05:12:55 AM »
oh gosh, I really don't like any of the names she chose :S There are some beautiful unusual names and combinations out there, but none of hers make any sense to me. As in, I could stand behind Petal Blossom, but Petal Blossom Rainbow? that's just way too much imo. it just doesn't fit!
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Camille

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 05:24:48 AM »
If she really cared about her children, she would have chose names that she wouldn't get harassed for for the rest of her life.

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 05:33:44 AM »
I don't think  Petal Blossom on its own is too bad well it's not that far out there as going under Petal or Blossom probably isn't too outlandish (I did know someone named Tigger and someone named Shadow) but Rainbow, I don't really think it works. :/
The only thing is when parents choose unique 'cute' names is I think sometimes the name doesn't age too well. I think sometimes some of these 'cool celeb names' are chosen at random aren't thought about. Some of them work as nicknames but not really a name I could see a 'grown up' having.

It's weird as on a few of them she has a strange name combo and then a 'normal' name  tacked onto the end. It doesn't flow very well.

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline Rika_of_Thunder

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 05:51:14 AM »
...I think this woman is few cards short of a full deck.

Granted my best friend named her son after a video game character (though it was her idiotic husband's choice) at least it can be shortened to something that sounds kinda normal.

Good lord, as if growing up with celeb parents wasn't hard enough.

majikarte

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 07:04:43 AM »
At least the son can go with Maurice and that's pretty normal. Daisy or Pamela and Rosie are okay. But I don't know how you can get any sort of normal name out of "Petal Blossom Rainbow". I think it's a little selfish of a parent to give these sort of names to their child. The parents might think the names are unique and beautiful, but imagine the child when they're thirty? Probably with a name change to something that can actually be taken seriously.

I think it's okay to name a child after something you love, but it should still be something where they can have a normal name. So, if you want a MLP related name, just go with Megan, or Lily, or maybe Diane (like Pinkie Pie). If it needs to be something more unique like Posey or Medley, make sure their other name is a normal one. (Actually, I think Medley would be really pretty for a middle name.)

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2012, 07:08:10 AM »
Wow!! Daisy Boo!

Oh well, to each his or her own!

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2012, 07:24:33 AM »
Ahahaha, that's awesome. I wouldn't have the guts to do it myself, but sometimes I wish I were named something less boring than "Katherine" XD Kids tend to grow into their names anyways, and I'm sure her daughters will be cool and interesting individuals all the way through adulthood.

Plus, ponies! And hey, at least she didn't name them Whizzer or Floater.

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2012, 07:30:01 AM »
I am guilty of choosing weird middle names but i usually think more traditional first names work better for the poor kid.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline sweetstuff

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Did someone say ponies?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2012, 08:00:59 AM »
Okay, I do agree it is the parents decision, but honestly - you do have to consider how they will feel about it in the long run. It's one thing to have a cute nickname, it's another to brand them with something "cutesy" for the grown-up years. "Buddy Bear"? *shakes head*

I've known some odd names - and Utah is notorious for giving "normal" names crazy spellings. I knew one girl who's mom insisted on calling her "Summer Morning Rose", as we got to be teenagers she HATED it. Oh and another gal I knew in HS. She went by Placey, because her mother heard the nurse say "placenta" and she thought it sounded so pretty!

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2012, 08:12:00 AM »
Choosing a name for a child is a very personal choice for a parent to make. I believe everyone is entitled to their opinions, but I also feel if this person wanted to name their children this way, it is their own business and we shouldn't assume they don't care about their children because we don't understand the choice in names. I've seen parents make up names for their children, I've heard of people naming children after many number of things, but I don't think any less or more of a parent based on what a childs name is unless it is derogatory.

If the child grows up and hates the name, they can always have it changed <3 I just would hate to be the person who chooses a name for my child, a name that means something to me, only to face scrutiny for it.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2012, 08:25:18 AM »
...I think this woman is few cards short of a full deck.

Ditto! >_>

If people want to give things cutesy names GET A DOG and not a person who will have to live with it the rest of their lives. >.<
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2012, 08:33:29 AM »
Unique names are fine, but there should be a line somewhere when it comes to naming... I remember an article about names like this and first impressions... especially with getting jobs ._.

Really though, I don't think people think about these things through for later....
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline MsTwilight

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2012, 08:34:24 AM »
Wow. And I thought Paula Yates was bad! Her kids are..
Fifi Trixibelle Geldof
Peaches Honeyblossom Geldof
Little Pixie Geldolf
Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily Hutchence Geldof

:blink:

I do have an aunt with the middle name of "Rainbow" so I don't think that's too bad. She was born in the 1960's so it's not too off for the time period. Atleast she has a "normal" first name unlike some of those poor kids. Buddy Bear? That should be a nickname said in the house not something someone will want to see on a resume or a nursing home door. I feel for them.  :huh:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal