collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Jamie Olivers' kids named after MLP...  (Read 1533 times)

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
Re: Jamie Olivers' kids named after MLP...
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2012, 08:36:12 AM »
But I don't know how you can get any sort of normal name out of "Petal Blossom Rainbow".

I would go by "Rain".

Also, the MLP thing was actually an accident. She didn't even know she had named her daughter after a MLP until someone else mentioned it. Regardless, her names do suck and these kids will spend their whole lives pretending those aren't their real names, going by semi-normal shortened versions and snuffing out the curiosity of all innocent by-standers.

I do have an aunt with the middle name of "Rainbow" so I don't think that's too bad.

My sister-in-law's ex's middle name is "Rocknroll". Every time he turned in an app he'd have to put his most honest face on and swear that it was not a joke and that was really his name.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 08:38:12 AM by Yurusumaji »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline Rika_of_Thunder

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2012, 08:57:56 AM »
Oh and another gal I knew in HS. She went by Placey, because her mother heard the nurse say "placenta" and she thought it sounded so pretty!

Oh my god that poor girl D8

Offline Rosette

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Pony Mail is Happy Mail :D
    • View Profile
    • My LiveJournal Blog
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2012, 09:26:52 AM »
While I can imagine it'll be a little confusing to figure out where to put those extra middle names in official forms, most of the time, in almost any interaction they'll have and on job applications, those children have perfectly lovely, relatively normal, and unobtrusive names.

Petal Oliver
Poppy Oliver
Buddy Oliver
and Daisy Oliver

I don't see a thing wrong with them.  Middle names are frequently quite personal and most people, unless they're in the American South, don't walk around introducing themselves with their full name.  Some use initials, others leave the middle names out entirely. 

Of course, I'm a pagan so I'd always rally behind someone wanting to name their children after flowers.  :) <3
I'm the Pony formerly known as "songtoisis".   ^.^

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2012, 10:10:17 AM »
I have an unusual first name so I know how it feels to have a weird name XD I go by my middle name and haaaaate when people use my first name. Parents need to think of their children before naming them something off the wall :P
My Wish List

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2012, 11:41:11 AM »
It's kinda funny they mention someone named Fifi Trixibelle, since those are ponies too. =P Honestly I don't think they're bad names, really. Fifi is maybe better suited for a pet (or a pony) but what's wrong with Trixibelle?

Anyway on topic, um...I just don't understand the things people name their children sometimes.

MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2012, 11:44:52 AM »
Ahahaha, that's awesome. I wouldn't have the guts to do it myself, but sometimes I wish I were named something less boring than "Katherine" XD Kids tend to grow into their names anyways, and I'm sure her daughters will be cool and interesting individuals all the way through adulthood.

Plus, ponies! And hey, at least she didn't name them Whizzer or Floater.

*gigglesnort*

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2012, 02:05:54 PM »
Um. . .  Okay.

I do think that a parent's choice of names is personal and that nobody else is really able to say anything but really?  Petal Blossom Rainbow?  I guess she can go by Blossom or Rain and though that would be unusual, it isn't too bad.

On that note, there's an actor who named his son "Peanut" and again I have to wonder what they were thinking.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2012, 02:15:47 PM »
...I think this woman is few cards short of a full deck.

Ditto! >_>

If people want to give things cutesy names GET A DOG and not a person who will have to live with it the rest of their lives. >.<

I completely agree. I don't have an issue with unique names (to a point, if they're super hard to pronounce/spell it'll cause a lot of trouble/frustration for the poor kid). But naming your CHILD Petal Blossom Rainbow or Buddy Bear? That's just awful. Petal and Blossom are fine, more so on their own (Petal Blossom is rather repetitive and sounds stupid imo). None of their names even flow nicely! :/

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2012, 03:20:00 PM »
Rainbow? Hum. Interesting choice o.O

I think I would go by Rain or Bow (Bo) with that one...oi!
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)

Offline Like A Tea Spoon

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Yellow Pony Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2012, 03:33:00 PM »
 :huh: Poor kids, it was bad enough that kids can be cruel and make up nick names for you in school. Luckily... not many bad things rhyme with "Amanda" except for panda and that's not so bad.

My cousin's name is Richard and his short ( naughty ) nick name rhymes with prick.

My Second cousins are named Cherokee Dawn Hill-Reed, 17 now. It's not so bad considering she's okay with being laughed at for sounding like a poorly written romance novel.

Her brother is Patience, 6 years old, but everyone calls him PJ. He's on the smaller side of the scale and doesn't like getting dirty. He's going to be a very pretty boy since he has very soft and feminine features. We all felt sorry for him having the name that's going to get him picked on when he gets older.  :(

I believe names are traditional and have meaning. My daughter Madalyn has a name that is versatile... we call her Maddy and Mad. When she grows up, she'll be Madalyn.
Avvie By Watercolors

Offline Silversnow

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+169)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Piggy Lover
    • View Profile
    • https://www.ebay.com/usr/snowauryn
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2012, 03:33:54 PM »
I knew about the names, but didn't realize... it's a bit too much in my opinion too... but at least they are NOT conventional names!

Piggy for sale? Please contact me!

Offline medleysong

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2012, 04:47:09 PM »
Hmmm...those are over-the-top and that is coming from someone who likes unique names (I have a Gage, Beckett, Landon and Phoenix). I think Poppy, Daisy, and Buddy on their own are fine. All of those are fairly common names in one generation or another. In fact, my grandma is Poppy June and my she named one of her sons (my uncle), Buddy. Petal is pretty out there but on its own not to far off from Soleil Moon Fry naming her daughter Poet or some of the other names that are out their (Zuma Nestor Rock anyone)?  Altogether with the other names in there make it a mouthful. Good thing we don't use our middle names very often lol.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal