collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help with Ebay return? (Update, need more help!)  (Read 1491 times)

Offline Firecracker

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Help with Ebay return? (Update, need more help!)
« on: August 23, 2012, 07:38:48 PM »
Hi guys, I need a little advice since I'm a bit of an EBay newbie...
I recently purchased an abbey bombinable monster high doll from an eBay seller, after scrutinizing many pictures to find a wave 1 abbey.
After a long week at school, I cam home to find I overpayed on a wave 2 signature abbey...
The seller's return policy is sending it back within 14 days, I just want to know how to go about doing that, as this is definitely not the one pictured.

Edit:  Okay, this has happened a second time,  and this time the seller is being very defensive and saying I'm lying and that I'm going to send them a cheaper version of Abbey when I return her...  I really need help on how to deal with this!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 08:53:14 PM by Firecracker »

wingsinmoonlight

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Help with Ebay return?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 10:56:40 PM »
Hi,
First step is to contact your seller- send them a message through ebay messaging. Be calm and polite-perhaps something like:
"Hi,
I received the doll I purchased from you-thanks for shipping her so quickly! Unfortunately, she does seem to be the same doll in the auction pictures. I meant to purchase the wave 1 abbey you had in the auction, but I received a wave 2 instead. If you still have the one from the picture, I would like to exchange this one for her. Otherwise I will need to return her for a full refund."

Hopefully it was an honest error, adntthe seller will be easy to work with.

If the seller agrees to the return, you must pay return shipping, and get delivery confirmation on her when you ship her back. If the seller refuses, then come back and I'lll tell you how to force the return :)

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 05:50:28 AM »
Sounds good to me. I do think that if you do exchange her you shouldn't have to pay for the shipping to return her...

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 08:35:41 AM »
wingsinmoonlight has suggested a terrific way to handle your situation.  :)

A polite email to your seller will bring about the best results.  And hopefully it was just an oversite on her part.

I am curious though was the picture the seller used a stock photo? Or was it an actually picture she took? 
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Firecracker

• Classifieds
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 11:00:50 AM »
Well, the seller replied saying they'll accept a return as long as the doll hasn't been opened, and she hasn't so I guess I'll just go ahead and return her.
So it looks like the very nice close up of a wave 1 abbey they used for their listing was a stock photo.  There were a lot of photos in the description that were broken links, so it probably was a gamble on my part after all...

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 11:09:36 AM »
I am happy to hear they are allowing you to return it. 

I only asked about the photos because it is so easy for people to use a stock photo and not know what they are talking about.  And in this case it is exactly what seemed to happen. 

What did her description say out of curiosity?  Did she mention it was Wave 1 or did she use a loose description along with her stock photos?

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Firecracker

• Classifieds
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 12:05:46 PM »
There was no mention of the doll being wave 1 or 2, I went by the pic that was shown with the listing. 
At this point I'm just going to do the return and hope that the doll I receive in my next purchase is wave 1 abbey...

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2012, 05:02:00 PM »
Hopefully, I never liked stock photos for this very reason.

Offline Firecracker

• Classifieds
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2012, 08:52:13 PM »
Bump for update in the situation...

Offline StarFaerie

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Ebay return? (Update, need more help!)
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2012, 10:40:37 PM »
On this one, I suggest you put in the eBay claim and let eBay deal with it. They'll make them take it back and give you back you money, and you won't have to talk to the seller again.
It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a woman in possession of disposable income, must be in want of a pony.

wingsinmoonlight

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2012, 12:58:56 AM »
Since your seller is being difficult about the second item you would need to go through buyer protection to do the return.
1st- go to the item in your purchase history
2- click on more actions
3- from the drop down choose "resolve a problem"
4- in the resolution center choose "item i received is not as described"
5- select I want to return item for a refund
Now you will have opened a case-seller has 7 days to respond. one of two things will happen:
either
1-seller will tell you to return item
2-seller will no agree to the return

if the seller agrees to the return (and most will) then return her WITH delivery confirmation. Add the tracking number to the case.

if the seller refuses, then choose escalate the case to a claim (may say "escalate to customer support") again choosing "I wish to return for a refund" Ebay WILL force the seller to accept the return. When the case tells you to (not before) ship the item back WITH delivery confirmation.

AFTER your refund is received, THEN deal with feedback. Do not mention feedback to the seller or in the case at all. When you leave calm factual negative feedback, do not mention the case at all. Remember to leave your seller ONE star on their DSR ratings-leaving no stars does not hurt the seller, but leaving one star does.

Let me know if i can help anymore :)

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2012, 03:43:50 AM »
Can you provide a link to the auctions in question?  I am curious as to what exactly is going with these sellers listing a picture of the wrong doll, twice?

Also has the second seller refused the return entirely?

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Firecracker

• Classifieds
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2012, 09:27:09 AM »
Here's the link-
http://www.ebay.com/itm/290763105481?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_500wt_922
I think it's just that the eBay sellers don't know that there are two versions and keep using photos of 1st edition abbey to advertise the auction.
I tried to explain to the seller that there are two different versions, but they said that all signature abbey's are the same.  I' getting the impression that they think I'm a bit nutty now, as they want to see pictures of the doll I want...  As for a return, they haven't refused one but they want to me to pay for their shipping cost too, on top of me paying the return shipping.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2012, 12:02:54 PM »
Wingsinmoonlight gave you some super advice.  I wouldn't communicate with the seller much more if they are being that difficult and calling you a liar.  Just be SURE to mail the returned item back with delivery confirmation!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2012, 06:15:06 PM »
what a pain! from that pic I would have thought the same as you about which doll you'd be getting. - I mean thats not just a stock pic, that is a pic someone has taken at home.... so either this seller is up to something really dodgy, or they are completely clueless about the doll they are selling and they have still stolen someone elses photo :crazy:   
The second doll- is it from the same seller as the first one, or is it another seller? sorry I am a bit confused :blush: 
Wingsinmoonlight's info is good :bigups:   -  and if this seller is now causing you trouble or you suspect she is up tp something ( accusing you of sending a cheaper version, when that is what she has done to you) , then opening a case and following the procedure mentioned here is the best thing to do.   If you open a case on ebay, they will still make you pay return shipping with tracking, but you will get refunded your original shipping (buyer protection means that you get refunded your original payment + original shipping cost ;)   )

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal