collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help with Ebay return? (Update, need more help!)  (Read 1492 times)

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
Re: Help with Ebay return? (Update, need more help!)
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2012, 09:22:15 PM »
For those of us who don't know Monster High Dolls, could someone post examples of the two dolls in question? I'm just curious since I can't tell them apart except for the names :)

Offline Firecracker

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2012, 09:29:10 PM »
Here's a comparison between the two dolls-
http://thatravie.wordpress.com/2012/01/28/abbey-comparison/
I was under the impression, and the original listing picture resembled the doll on the right.  The doll I received is the newer release.
And Ringlets, the problems I'm having with the second doll are from a different seller than the first, sorry for the confusion!
I've gone ahead and opened a case, and I'm back on the hunt for wave 1 signature abbey again.  I'll probably avoid eBay this time around to be honest.

Offline Maniah

• Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2012, 09:50:50 PM »
Thanks! Are first wave ones still in stores at all? Or are you stuck buying from someone's collection at this point?

Oh, maybe you could link your seller to that page so they know what to look for if they are uneducated?

Offline Firecracker

• Classifieds
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2012, 10:00:28 PM »
First wave abbey hasn't officially been in store for months, and is likely never to be rereleased.  I never even saw her once when she was being shipped out to stores and sold.  Wave 2 abbey on the other hand shows up in stores with fair regularity around here, so a wave 1 abbey is worth more.  I have to buy second hand if I want the first edition.
I've already tried explaining this to the seller about the differences and such, but as far as they're concerned all signature abbey's are the same and they haven't been the best to deal with, so I'm just hoping opening a case gets this transaction (or lack there of), complete.

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2012, 10:55:01 PM »
The seller is being silly and unfair. No offense to Ebay newbies but this is why I buy collector items from other collectors or pro resellers. Cause they actually know what's going on. Some of these people that sell anything around the house make big mistakes on descriptions.

OP - So that link you provided is actually the seller you purchased from? That picture looks like they took it or they "borrowed" a photo from someone else. It's not a stock photo. I wonder where they got that photo from?

Offline Firecracker

• Classifieds
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2012, 12:00:24 PM »
Looking through pics on google I found where the pic came from, and it seems to be stolen :(
The seller finally believes me and told me just to return it, but I'm nervous about this now since they didn't mention the refund and earlier they said they where going to take it back if I reimbursed shipping costs on their end too.
I know eBay will force them to give me a full refund, but I'm so dang paranoid now...

Offline Maniah

• Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2012, 03:54:14 AM »
You could just send them one more note that says something along the lines of: 

"Thank you for your patience and understanding in helping me to resolve this unfortunate issue. I will be shipping the item back to you with tracking. Once it has arrived, do you know how long it will take for you to be able to issue my refund? Thank you!"

This way, it isn't asking the question all over again of "Will you pay me", rather, when will you pay me? And it paints them in a pretty light as patient and understanding. Sometimes a little ego stroking goes a long way. Kill 'em with kindness, eh?

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2012, 11:56:40 AM »
Looking through pics on google I found where the pic came from, and it seems to be stolen :(

I hate when ebay sellers do this! >_<

Sorry you had to deal with this situation twice. :( If you try again for a third time, I'd just send a quick question to the seller before buying. You can even include a link to the comparison page you posted here in this thread. Hopefully they will be able to answer whether she is wave 1 or wave 2 before you commit to buy. ^^
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2012, 12:01:54 PM »
Honestly I'd just open a case.  When I've had problems like this they advised me not to send it back but instead to open a case, wait for the refund, and send it back.  Buyer is responsible for return shipping but there is no way that they should be allowed to only give you a partial refund so they aren't out the cost of shipping.  It was their mistake.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2012, 04:55:14 AM »
I like the first edition more. I can see why she is more popular (other than the rarity factor).

This whole thing is the sellers fault. She should really pay you back for the shipping you had to pay twice to return her.

Offline Firecracker

• Classifieds
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2012, 06:49:10 PM »
I had to open a case to get the seller to take the refund, but it's all being taken care of now thankfully.  I'll send abbey back, and I can look forward to getting at the very least a nude original abbey I can redress with extra clothes from a member here :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal