collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 43127 times)

Argentum-Zeena

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2012, 03:50:23 AM »
*pops in from lurking* About the glue problem, I've found that shaking baby powder inside the head of the affected doll sems to help a lot. I did it for my Toralei, who seems to have the beginning stages of leakage, and it seems to have stopped it.

Offline Tiffoes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #76 on: August 17, 2012, 05:42:41 AM »
Yes....look into their eyes....you needz them... :lmao:

Haha, I suppose I could always remove them from the box when I can't take it anymore. xD

Thankyou :hug: Scooby is snoring on my feet...will spoiler his story as it's OT...
Spoiler
Scooby developed a pot belly over a couple of weeks; yesterday he was cleared of any tumours or actual heart failure :cheer: (he has a heart problem and I was so scared it was getting worse).
I managed to get a urine sample from him this morning, need to get a second one at lunchtime then I'm taking the samples to the vets for some more tests to rule out Cushings etc.

You're most welcome. :hug:
I'm glad to hear he doesn't have any of the above. Let's hope the tests give you a positive result! Give the poor thing a pet from me. D:

I just wanted to share my collection with y'all :D

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

So cute! I'm glad to see people finally post their collections. Here's mine, not showing my Scarah/Hoodude:

Please ignore the mess, I'm slightly rebuilding my room and reshelving a lot of my collection stuff. Also, Operetta's hair. I'm going to redo her box hair because it looked really bad!

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2012, 06:47:16 AM »
Yes....look into their eyes....you needz them... :lmao:

Haha, I suppose I could always remove them from the box when I can't take it anymore. xD

Thankyou :hug: Scooby is snoring on my feet...will spoiler his story as it's OT...
Spoiler
Scooby developed a pot belly over a couple of weeks; yesterday he was cleared of any tumours or actual heart failure :cheer: (he has a heart problem and I was so scared it was getting worse).
I managed to get a urine sample from him this morning, need to get a second one at lunchtime then I'm taking the samples to the vets for some more tests to rule out Cushings etc.

You're most welcome. :hug:
I'm glad to hear he doesn't have any of the above. Let's hope the tests give you a positive result! Give the poor thing a pet from me. D:

Lol I lasted all of 45 seconds before I (carefully!) ripped into the box :lmao:

Thank you :) I took the samples in about 2 hours ago and pestered the nurse to ring me today, otherwise we have to wait until Monday for the results.

Your girls look fab :)

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline CasseminaPie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Cassemina's Corner
« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2012, 07:04:31 AM »
Tiffoes - Wave 1 Lagoona!! Lucky :D Lovely collection you have!

Pinkamena - Good luck with the tests for your puppy :hug:
Come visit my blog!

Offline Tiffoes

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2012, 07:10:36 AM »
Does anyone know if you can use a hair straightener on MH hair?

Lol I lasted all of 45 seconds before I (carefully!) ripped into the box :lmao:

Hahaha!
Well it still was 45 seconds! I hope you're enjoying your dolls. :3

Thank you :) I took the samples in about 2 hours ago and pestered the nurse to ring me today, otherwise we have to wait until Monday for the results.

No problem whatsoever!

Your girls look fab :)

Thank you kindly~

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2012, 07:18:04 AM »
It took my the 45 seconds to find the scissors so I could get into the box without ripping it... :blush: :lmao:

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline dinobuzz

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2012, 07:21:42 AM »
Okay, just got off the phone with Mattel.....I wanted to talk to the woman who emailed me but the guy said there's no way to transfer to her and he can help me......

We went through the 7 known dolls that have the glue problem.....he did each case individually and is sending me labels to send them all back if I choose to.....this makes me sick to my stomach since most are wave1!!!! I told him that I would have to talk to my daughter to let her know our options....I mean, a cood chunk of her collection would be gone.....and how would I even get wave 1 back again? He was very nice and said I can take up to 30 days to decide and that he understands.....

I told him that my main concern was, is the problem going to be investigated (he actual said that there hasn't been any complaints on the glue issue....I told him its a huge problem and people on message boards talk about it daily). He seem surprised.....So guys, start emailing Matell!!! ;)  I gave my opinion on what's happening with the glue and what are using to try get rid of the problem.

Geez, would you send 7 dolls to them? I just want Mattel to look at other ways in hairing the dolls cause what they're doing now, isn't working!

Offline Tiffoes

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #82 on: August 17, 2012, 08:02:39 AM »
Tiffoes - Wave 1 Lagoona!! Lucky :D Lovely collection you have!

Pinkamena - Good luck with the tests for your puppy :hug:

Didn't see this before, thank you for your compliments! I'm super happy with my wave 1 Lagoona, I got her for a nice price.

It took my the 45 seconds to find the scissors so I could get into the box without ripping it... :blush: :lmao:

You're making the situation sound so funny xD!

Dinobuzz, do you think emailing the Dutch Mattel would be helping too? Or should I contact US Mattel?

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 17, 2012, 08:06:06 AM »
I got Ghouls Rule Abbey today!  My Walmart had Venus and Robecca too, FINALLY, but I didn't get Venus because I ordered her on walmart.com the other day and she should be coming in on Monday, lol.  Our Monster High aisle was stocked full.  And they've put the dolls up at my eye level (5'4") so yay, no more crouching in the floor digging through boxes.

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 17, 2012, 08:08:40 AM »
Okay, just got off the phone with Mattel.....I wanted to talk to the woman who emailed me but the guy said there's no way to transfer to her and he can help me......

We went through the 7 known dolls that have the glue problem.....he did each case individually and is sending me labels to send them all back if I choose to.....this makes me sick to my stomach since most are wave1!!!! I told him that I would have to talk to my daughter to let her know our options....I mean, a cood chunk of her collection would be gone.....and how would I even get wave 1 back again? He was very nice and said I can take up to 30 days to decide and that he understands.....

I told him that my main concern was, is the problem going to be investigated (he actual said that there hasn't been any complaints on the glue issue....I told him its a huge problem and people on message boards talk about it daily). He seem surprised.....So guys, start emailing Matell!!! ;)  I gave my opinion on what's happening with the glue and what are using to try get rid of the problem.

Geez, would you send 7 dolls to them? I just want Mattel to look at other ways in hairing the dolls cause what they're doing now, isn't working!

I call total bull on his statement that this issue hasn't been reported. I was talking to them about the glue issue a few weeks back and they said the exact same thing to me even though I've seen tonnes of people on this board contact Mattel about sticky dolls. Maybe if they get letter-bombed, they'll actually respond properly?

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 17, 2012, 08:16:22 AM »
I told him that my main concern was, is the problem going to be investigated (he actual said that there hasn't been any complaints on the glue issue....I told him its a huge problem and people on message boards talk about it daily). He seem surprised.....

I can't quite buy that you're the only person who's complained to Mattel about such a big problem with their dolls!  Yeah right!  That is really weird that he'd say that.  Do these people communicate with each other or pass on common complaints to higher-ups at all?  Obviously they took to heart the complaints about the lack of CAM torsos and limbs.  I hope the glue seepage problem reaches the ears of people that can do something about it!

Quick question, what do the Scary Tales dolls come packaged with?  I know they come with purses and storybooks, but do they come with anything else (brushes, stands etc.)?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 08:20:36 AM by Tropical_Sunset »

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 17, 2012, 08:29:42 AM »

Quick question, what do the Scary Tales dolls come packaged with?  I know they come with purses and storybooks, but do they come with anything else (brushes, stands etc.)?

Yes, they have brushes and stands. The stand is a clear rod on a black base.

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #87 on: August 17, 2012, 09:04:56 AM »
Finally got Venus and Robecca! They weren't even on the shelves at TRU, an associate actually opened the boxes for me so I could get what I wanted lol. GR Abbey is on hold for me to pick up later. Now its just waiting for a store near me to get that 3 pack! Apparently lots of stores have them in stock just haven't got them off the pallets since they are all working on resetting the toy department
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 17, 2012, 09:23:28 AM »
When you guys talk about the glue seeping through their hair - is it just normal wear on the dolls? or have you done something with their hair (restyled/boiled to straighten it)?? I'm starting to worry about my collection now!

I've had a few dolls have this issue, and while some fans have claimed that heat and/or restyling is the cause, I started noticing it during cool, dry weather on my dolls, and I've spoken to a few others where the glue seepage started in similar conditions. Actually, the doll in my collection that has been exposed to the most heat, my signature Lagoona (I've given her a boil perm every few months for the past two years), has never had any problems with glue.

I think that while certain actions may trigger or speed up the process, it's just inevitable with any dolls that have this kind of goop in their heads unfortunately. It's really waxy and seems to wick down the plugs. Some may take longer than others to show any signs while others may have glue that just cured and solidified better at the time of production.

For a while, all dolls being manufactured in Indonesia used this glue in their dolls' heads, while China did not. I've heard from those that do re-roots that this has since changed with newer dolls coming out of China however, as they now use glue as well.

I'm sorry about your daughter's dolls Dinobuzzz, and I hope you're able to work out a solution that makes her happy. I'm also going to call foul on what that rep told you.  :huh: I myself have complained to them in the past over the glue problem, and this was months ago. I also know for certain that I'm not the only one who has.

They also offered to have me send back the dolls at the time, but I told them I had no interest in doing so, as they are all hard to find now and it would pretty much spell the end of my interest in this franchise. I had also been lucky in finding a product that temporarily gets rid of the issue (Goof Off 2), so I told them I'd just deal with it, but that I wanted them to be aware because I'd hate to think of this happening widescale, especially on dolls that belong to children.  :( So there's at least one other complaint I can confirm is on their files.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 10:01:34 AM by Mandy85 »

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 17, 2012, 09:50:44 AM »
I'm really upset about my Nefera. I think I'll have to ring Mattel UK. Bet my mum will think I'm a total idiot. :huh:

It's just that... everytime Nef gets photographed, she requires hair maintenance and changing and styling at least 10-12 times before the seapage isn't noticeable. It's got out of control now. Problem is, my friend bought her for me, and I have no receipt. Just gonna have to beg Mattel, I know where Nef was bought so I'll just hold out hope. *Sigh*

Really makes me consider giving up monster high is this problem isn't sorted, it's a complete disappointment :(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal