collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 38587 times)

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2012, 04:02:40 PM »
Blue and orange is a great combo. I'm a sucker for those complimentary colors.

So I've officially replaced each of the ghouls I had obtained through the GB 5 pack. They seemed to have the most obvious glue seepage (while some of my other girls might have it, I haven't noticed to this extent). All of them except for Ghoulia who has good hair so far had terrible hair and seepage. So I'm putting them aside and using them as bait and I have better versions of each character.

And a Cleo I finally like. I love Frankie's face in the Ghoul's Rule line, but I also found my first Cleo Ghoul's Rule (She's hard to find here!).
So whoop. :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2012, 04:26:57 PM »
*sigh*  I HATE technology :lol:  I just went to snap some pics of my girl, and I have no idea how to use this stupid camera!  I'm gonna have to look up a user's manual or something.  Sorry guys.  I REALLY want to show off a bit, too.  I've got some pretty awesome dolls:)  When I FINALLY figure out what I'm doing I'm gonna post SO many pics! 

Oh, and I use a flip phone from 7 years ago, so I can't use that either.  I'm surprised I can figure out how to post on the Arena :lol:  My husband calls me grandma.
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Frankie Stein

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2012, 04:35:21 PM »
Just wondering if there anyway to get Cupid on her stand with her bone wings... So far i always have to take them off.  :argh:

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2012, 04:41:23 PM »
Eeeeee! My Walmart finally did it's toy reset (which.. is debatablely a good thing, everything was sized down!).. and I found a GR Abbey! The only one, and her face QC was pretty darn good~! So I only ended up paying 4.65 for her because of my voucher, haha. I need to open her up and pic spam.. but that will be later when I've eaten and cooled down a bit.

Offline justkitter

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2012, 04:50:24 PM »
I just looked up this camera I'm trying to use.  It's from 2005!  I can't figure out how to use a camera that was made in 2005!!!  Can't you imagine what I'd do with one from 2012?????

Sorry.  Back on topic.  Hooray for GR Abbey!  After you've finished pic spamming her, come over to my place and HELP ME! :lol:
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2012, 04:55:35 PM »
I wish I was still in Michigan, hubbs and I could have helped you!

Can you give me the full name of the camera you're using and what questions you have? Maybe I can help from here.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline justkitter

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2012, 04:59:03 PM »
PM-ing you:)  I'm sure the rest of guys and ghouls don't want to hear me whine anymore :lol:

Offline Tiffoes

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2012, 05:15:07 PM »
Hi new thread!

I feel bad about it, but I kinda want to debox my Scarah and Hoodude.. It gets worse every time I look at them. ;_;

Do it...

Scarah Screams & Hoodude by *Pinkamena*, on Flickr

Please excuse Scarahs belt fail, I was supposed to get better pics today but had to take my dog to the vets and a load of other stuff so couldn't.

That picture really is tempting.. The way her hand is placed, those eyes, almost as if she's really trying to tempt me. ;_;

The placement of her hand, seems like: ''You could have this in your hands!''

Congratulations on getting them too!
I hope your dog is doing okay.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 05:17:07 PM by Tiffoes »

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2012, 05:24:25 PM »
I picked up Ghouls Rule Draculaura today. Oh my God she's amazing! She had some box hair but other than that.. gorgeous doll. I love the mask and the wings. My mom even really liked her! Wasn't intending on getting her it just kind of happened lol.

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2012, 06:04:45 PM »
Just wondering if there anyway to get Cupid on her stand with her bone wings... So far i always have to take them off.  :argh:

she'll fit on her stand with her wings on ... i have my two cupids on their stands with the ir wings on ... you just have to find the balance of getting the stand post between her wings (or turn her sideways like some do with their Toralei's lol)
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2012, 07:12:10 PM »
The Walmarts still aren't underway with the reset here  :huh: There's bits of new stock trickling out in some sections (not MH though) but no new floorplans or new tags yet. Basically still chaos XD Dying for the DDG 3-pack and I keep getting my hopes up only to be crushed! Stupid WM. :razz: And TRU, though stocked fairly well, still didn't have I <3 Fashion yet, so today was a dolly bust for me!

*wraps self up in new thread for comfort*  :biggrin:
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline missbonbon

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2012, 07:31:25 PM »
When you guys talk about the glue seeping through their hair - is it just normal wear on the dolls? or have you done something with their hair (restyled/boiled to straighten it)?? I'm starting to worry about my collection now!

Please visit my photobucket to see my princess variant wish list. Photos borrowed from Shelti's site with permission. If they are your photos and don't want them on my link, please let me know, I will take them down right away!

Missbonbon's Princess Variant Wish List

Offline dinobuzz

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2012, 08:07:23 PM »
Mattel sent me another email and they want me to call the soon as possible....they are very concerned about the glue issue....will call tomorrow morning!

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2012, 08:10:54 PM »
I'm sure things like boil straightening will aggravate the glue seepage issue by warming it up, but I think sometimes it just happens. :huh:

@dino: Oh, that's great! I hope you can get some answers and possibly get some info to them as well.
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline Icicle

• Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2012, 08:12:05 PM »
Mattel sent me another email and they want me to call the soon as possible....they are very concerned about the glue issue....will call tomorrow morning!
Good luck with that and keep us updated! I really want to see how this goes... if they really are concerned and make a very good effort to fix all of this that will give me a lot of piece of mind...

And yeah, while things like straightening, washing, ect (mostly anything involving heat) probably sets it off.. there have been dolls that have come out of box with the problem so it's just a wide range of how it happens D:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal