collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: OMG! My daughter shaved off her eyebrows!-pics page 2!  (Read 14420 times)

Offline MnDancer

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
OMG! My daughter shaved off her eyebrows!-pics page 2!
« on: August 12, 2012, 09:44:27 PM »
Seriously! I'm at work and I just got a text from my mother telling that while my daughter was in the shower tonite, she shaved her eyebrows off entirely! My daughter will turn 10 on Aug 28th how am I gonna take b'day pics now? I swear this child must hate her hair or something, she has given herself haircuts on several occasions, she once chewed up 5 pieces of gum and then spread it over the top of her head, intentionally, and now this! What on earth am I going to do with this child?!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 10:05:00 AM by MnDancer »
:art:Pony lover since 1983 :rainbow:

Offline rearing_palomino164

• Trade Count: (0)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Share a smile at least once a day!
    • View Profile
Re: OMG! My daughter shaved off her eyebrows!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 09:58:58 PM »
Oh goodness! I remember my little cousin cutting off her hair when she was younger, right before school photos! Maybe you can take an eyebrow pencil to her? lol
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

You are the memory that lives on forever, the shadow that stands by our side.

Offline MnDancer

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 10:12:38 PM »
Lol, that's what my mom said, she told me I better pick up an eyebrow pencil on the way home from work! As soon as I see her tomorow I'm going to take a pic and post it because it is just too funny not to!

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 11:05:39 PM »
WOW, not sure how Id react to that one either, Bit scary that she did it to herself, thats usually a prank played on someone whilst there sleeping. Curious to hear her thoughts on why she did it, also looking forward to seeing the pic tomoro.
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline Varkolak

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 11:07:27 PM »
my sister does that, only she was a teenager when she did it, and she still won't tell us why. she used to pencil them on all the time, and the first time i saw her without it (i already knew they were fake, but it was still a shock lol) she had come out of the bathroom from her shower and i said "WHERE'D YOUR EYEBROWS GO!?!?!" lol she got them tattooed on now, i'll never understand why my sister did it intentionally lol.

maybe your daughter will grow up to be a hair dresser lol

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 11:53:25 PM »
Oh dear. O.o
I once when I was quite young decided to cut my own hair. I remember randomly cutting paper and then I decided to cut my hair.

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 12:01:21 AM »
Sometimes people shave off their eyebrows and paint them on instead because they think it looks prettier.. She might be one of them?

Offline MnDancer

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2012, 12:47:29 AM »
With my daughter, who knows! She has the strangest reasons for everything! The time she put the gum in her hair, I think she was 4 years old, and it was 11pm and she wanted to take a bath and I said she could take one in the morning, right now she needs to go to sleep, it's way past her time. So she chewed the gum and put it in her hair and I just about had a heart attack when I saw it. I asked her why she did it and she said because she wanted a bath. I told her you're still not taking a bath until the morning because shampoo will not get that out, but right now we're going in the kitchen and covering your hair with oil and combing all that gum out and it's probably going to hurt! Being right on top of her head I couldn't cut it out without giving her a buzz cut, so I put vegetable oil in her hair and started picking and combing, it took about an hour and a half to get the majority of it out! And I put a towel on her pillow and made her sleep with the oil in her hair because I didn't want to her to think she could do that and get what she wanted!

Offline Like A Tea Spoon

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Yellow Pony Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2012, 01:08:35 AM »
Females seem to cut their hair in times of stress, so I have read somewhere. I believe it as I did it once when I was a kid.
Avvie By Watercolors

Offline bagheera86

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2012, 01:19:44 AM »
I did this as well, used dads razor to shave my eyebrows, arms and side burns. a) because kids commented on how hairy I was and b) dad did it, why can't i?

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2012, 01:26:17 AM »
I shaved my arms when I was her age, out of curiosity.  But never my eyebrows!  :blink:

I'm not sure if that's awful or funny!  Poor kid.

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline nearlyheadlessnayy

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2012, 02:17:12 AM »
She might have just been curious, who knows she could have seem someone shaving their face, and she did that but the only hair it came into contact with was her eyebrows!

Or maybe she saw someone with drawn on eyebrows and thought she fancied them herself!
I have drawn on ones, but I never shaved my eyebrows off underneath (Anymore :P)
Or maybe she noticed if you had plucked your eyebrows recently but didnt know you use tweezers to do it and thinks you use a razor?

I look forward to the photo's :P
*Thanks Tinrobo for my avatar! <3**

Offline MnDancer

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2012, 02:31:41 AM »
Lol! I suspect it may have been out of curiosity. She did shave her arms recently, she noticed she was starting to get a little fuzz in her armpits and got a little carried away shaving it off. I did shave my arms when I was a kid too, mainly because other kids kept saying I had hairy arms. I don't pluck or do anything at all to my own eyebrows, so I don't know where she got the idea, maybe from tv?

Takoto

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2012, 02:40:43 AM »
Awwwwwwwh xD;
When I was a kid my friends had an obsession with cutting their own hair and others (usually mine). I think it's just natural for kids. Sounds odd but it might just be a way to release creativity?

Tux N Tails

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2012, 02:49:18 AM »
I should be saying oh no but I can't stop going aw XD

Well if I remember it takes about a month for them to grow back, so hopefully they will grow back as good as new. She just seems like an explorer, conquering the unknowns of the world  :satisfied:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal