collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G2 Ponies  (Read 3209 times)

Water_Fire

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: G2 Ponies
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2012, 03:44:20 AM »
Wow that was quick! Thanks guys!

StarZetRaven, is that a Harry Potter themed G2 in your avvie?!

Offline Meru-desu

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.co.uk/merudesu
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2012, 06:11:35 AM »
G2's rule - go you!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

'Not all those who wander are lost' - J.R.R.Tolvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
kien

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2012, 06:34:33 AM »
G2's are so underrated. I have about 10 of the common ones, but I would like to add a bunch more to the herd. I love that there are still ponies out there for me to learn about. :)

Offline Leopard_Print_Unicorn

• New Wave pony on your Lisa Frank notebook
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2012, 01:31:44 PM »
Ponyrn; The prices vary alot. I have gotten some HTF ponies for a really good price, but all of them werent mint. Sometimes you might get a really good price, sometimes you have to pay a little more.

Id say, from what ive been looking and buying, that the prices change between 14$-100$. The MOC twins on ebay are over 150$ i think tough. G2's have this weird thing about them, that the prices change.  :silly:

Just keep youre eyes open and you might find a good price, but also be prepared to pay for some ponies.
Like Magic Diamond Glow for example: She usually goes from 30$- up if shes mint /or has some acceccories,it might be more. I got mine for 14$ if i remember right, her tail is thin, but it dosent bother me.

So if you can buy a pony, thats not mint, you might get it cheaper, but if you only collect mint ponies, then you have to be prepared for the prices to be a little more. :)

Thanks, that is so helpful! You've given me a lot of great info for when I do start to buy. I do like Magic Diamond Glow, because I really love purple. $30 isn't too much to spend, I just don't go into the like $50-100+ range for anything but G1. That means if there are some that are super-rare, I probably won't get them. Like G3's, I don't have Beach Belle and Carribean Delight, or any of the last SLH's from Europe (Rainbow Bubbles, Rainbow Treat, etc.) because I don't want to pay that much for them.

I'm not super picky about "minty," I think everyone has things that bother them a lot and some things that don't bother them as much as they would someone else. Also, I don't collect MOC/MIB and I don't care about accessories in most cases, so that should help keep costs down.

--edited because I can't spell today
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 01:33:21 PM by ponyRN »
Formerly known as ponyRN.

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+49)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • In Spite of your Fear, Do what You have to Do
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2012, 04:51:25 PM »
g2's really do go under rated i find them to be more rare honestly than g1's most of the time! even the common ones are hard to find for sale
Check out my  Esty Shop  and MyEbay Sales!
 (Profits are going to help pay for my Rescue Horse's medical bills) <3
http://myworld.ebay.com/baby_licketysplit
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PoniesAndPets

Offline Goldilocks

• Romance Pony
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2012, 05:08:10 PM »
G2s have the nicest colour combinations and accessories.

I often see common G2s at flea markets but they're usually about 3 euros each so not really worth picking up  :huh:
wanted G1 WEDDING/LOVE pony accessories and merchandise, ARGIE GREEN TRULY, ARGIE PEARLY-PAINTED NOVIA:
http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,299645.0.html
trades:
http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,299649.msg252302.html#msg252302

Offline sillymoosey

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • Nirvana wishlist
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2012, 05:42:18 PM »
The G2 collector's inventory by Summer Hayes really helped me learn about G2s. At first, I only bought the book because I wanted to be able to recognize a rare G2 if I ever found one at my local flea market. But of course, when I got the book, I learned that there's no chance that I could ever find a rare G2 in Canada since most were only sold in Europe. I find that G2s are the most fun ponies to collect if you want a good deal. I was able to get quite a few babies and mommy/baby sets for really good prices!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2012, 01:55:16 AM »
g2's really do go under rated i find them to be more rare honestly than g1's most of the time! even the common ones are hard to find for sale

I agree with this :)

Its that 'sought after' verses 'hard to find' argument isnt it? A lot of them dont come up too often - as we know the line was nowhere near as popular as G1. But at the same time even the rares within G2 are not as expensive as the rares within G1 simply because not as many people are looking for them.

There are a handful I would love to add to my collection but its not so much budget which puts them out of my reach [although sometimes that is the case :P] but more often than not its the fact I never see them for sale!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2012, 05:18:07 AM »
Ponyrn; The prices vary alot. I have gotten some HTF ponies for a really good price, but all of them werent mint. Sometimes you might get a really good price, sometimes you have to pay a little more.

Id say, from what ive been looking and buying, that the prices change between 14$-100$. The MOC twins on ebay are over 150$ i think tough. G2's have this weird thing about them, that the prices change.  :silly:

Just keep youre eyes open and you might find a good price, but also be prepared to pay for some ponies.
Like Magic Diamond Glow for example: She usually goes from 30$- up if shes mint /or has some acceccories,it might be more. I got mine for 14$ if i remember right, her tail is thin, but it dosent bother me.

So if you can buy a pony, thats not mint, you might get it cheaper, but if you only collect mint ponies, then you have to be prepared for the prices to be a little more. :)

Thanks, that is so helpful! You've given me a lot of great info for when I do start to buy. I do like Magic Diamond Glow, because I really love purple. $30 isn't too much to spend, I just don't go into the like $50-100+ range for anything but G1. That means if there are some that are super-rare, I probably won't get them. Like G3's, I don't have Beach Belle and Carribean Delight, or any of the last SLH's from Europe (Rainbow Bubbles, Rainbow Treat, etc.) because I don't want to pay that much for them.

I'm not super picky about "minty," I think everyone has things that bother them a lot and some things that don't bother them as much as they would someone else. Also, I don't collect MOC/MIB and I don't care about accessories in most cases, so that should help keep costs down.

--edited because I can't spell today
Heh, im glad i could help you. :)
Im not that picky either, so it is easy to get the ones i want. I also am not (atleast yet) getting the really pricey ones, since i dont own a moneytree (yet? :D )
Haha, that last edit made me laugh for some reason. Maby cause i know the feeling. ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you :heart:

Offline Goldilocks

• Romance Pony
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2012, 05:39:58 AM »
Maybe people just won't pick up G2s from flea markets etc for trading/reselling because most G2s don't sell as well as G1s.. I know I see G2s more often than G1s but those are usually the common ones which nobody wants to trade for/buy  :P
wanted G1 WEDDING/LOVE pony accessories and merchandise, ARGIE GREEN TRULY, ARGIE PEARLY-PAINTED NOVIA:
http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,299645.0.html
trades:
http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,299649.msg252302.html#msg252302

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2012, 08:00:58 PM »
Ok I'm reviving my old topic. Many of you might have seen in the current G2 pictures thread that I have really gotten into them. I have been able to find most of the 1997-99 ponies, and a few later ones, on e-Bay and e-Bay UK. Other than that, it's hard to find the later ones and when I do, sometimes shipping is more than the pony. I know these only came out in a few countries but does anyone have any ideas (other than sales here) where to look for the more uncommon ones without having to pay a ton to ship them?

Offline StarZetRaven

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Your average G2 collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2012, 10:36:54 PM »
Wow that was quick! Thanks guys!

StarZetRaven, is that a Harry Potter themed G2 in your avvie?!

It's Princess Golden Light who guards my beloved Harry Potter books, so yes :lovey:
ladywaterfall.tumblr.com

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2012, 05:17:03 PM »
Ok I'm reviving my old topic. Many of you might have seen in the current G2 pictures thread that I have really gotten into them. I have been able to find most of the 1997-99 ponies, and a few later ones, on e-Bay and e-Bay UK. Other than that, it's hard to find the later ones and when I do, sometimes shipping is more than the pony. I know these only came out in a few countries but does anyone have any ideas (other than sales here) where to look for the more uncommon ones without having to pay a ton to ship them?

As you are in the US, unless you get a US collector selling items from their collection you ll need to look on the various European ebays - co.uk, .de etc - and Australia ebay as well.

Personally I think a lot of high international shipping is because ebay sellers wish to send priority or "recorded" in some way in order to protect themselves with ebay and with the seller. Therefore postage is often not as expensive as listed. Your best bet to reduce shipping is to find a European middle person who will accept your "wins" and then can rebox and ship them on to you at as close to a low cost price as possible. I know I have helped people do this before and would be happy to help again should you wish  :). If you need someone outside the UK then usually you ll find help over in the TS forum!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2012, 05:39:35 PM »
Hey guys, is Princess Silver Swirl a rare pony? I've never seen her when I look for her. (Of course, I only really look on eBay, so that could be the problem.) I like her dragon friend too...are these two very sought after?
I'll put something here some time

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2012, 07:05:42 PM »
As you are in the US, unless you get a US collector selling items from their collection you ll need to look on the various European ebays - co.uk, .de etc - and Australia ebay as well.

Personally I think a lot of high international shipping is because ebay sellers wish to send priority or "recorded" in some way in order to protect themselves with ebay and with the seller. Therefore postage is often not as expensive as listed. Your best bet to reduce shipping is to find a European middle person who will accept your "wins" and then can rebox and ship them on to you at as close to a low cost price as possible. I know I have helped people do this before and would be happy to help again should you wish  :). If you need someone outside the UK then usually you ll find help over in the TS forum!

Yeah, I've had a little luck on French e-bay, and a collector on Ebay UK, where I got my huge lot that I posted pics of in the pics thread. That's what I've been trying to do, is combine wins to make a lot so that at least the shipping isn't more than the ponies. But as they get rarer (2002-2003) it seems that the countries most likely to have them, like The Netherlands and Scandinavian countries, just have really high shipping. I've found this to be the case in the past, too, when buying international ponies.

I appreciate your offer. If I find a seller that only ships to Europe I will take you up on it.

Post Merge: September 13, 2012, 07:06:32 PM

Hey guys, is Princess Silver Swirl a rare pony? I've never seen her when I look for her. (Of course, I only really look on eBay, so that could be the problem.) I like her dragon friend too...are these two very sought after?

The first version of Princess Silver Swirl is not terribly rare, but some of the later versions are. I have not yet seen her for sale with her accessories, though, so I don't know about the dragon.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal