collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G2 Ponies  (Read 3281 times)

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
Re: G2 Ponies
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2012, 09:01:58 PM »
Sure!  Go to mylittlewiki...they have loads of good G2 pics.
Will do!  :D
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2012, 12:31:24 AM »
Yay, more love to G2's. :)
There are some rare and HTF.

G2's dont have that many variants, but.. the mail order Sea Breeze, with all hair purple is rare and i think there was a blonde White Pearl. Those are confirmed variants and only few members have them and of course the petites.

Then there the HTF..
All the play arena twins, Magic Diamond Glow, all the Unicorn with magic wings ponies. Hip Holly is quite sought after too. Floral and baby Petal are rare, i think i have seen them for sale ONE time here at the arena. Nosy and Click, Study and Play twins. Ive understood Petal Blossom(1999) to be a little harder to find too. Fantastic Job Ponies (2003) actually, almost all of the 2003 ponies is more or less harder to find or sought after. Prince Firefly, Magic motion Ivy(1999)

*phew* i think theere is still ponies left, but i dont have time.  :silly:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you valerie :heart:

SheRa-dude

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2012, 02:49:41 AM »
More G2 love :)
I had some time off, so I tested out my Windows Movie Maker :

« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 03:31:32 AM by SeabreezeBigBro »

Offline MonstarNomNom

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2012, 03:27:29 AM »
Yayyyyyy, someone else getting sucked into the amazingness of G2! ;D One thing you must know, they're addicting! Lol :silly:
:heart: My Etsy~My Facebook Page~Wishlist~IG:@perfumepuffprincess :heart:

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2012, 04:34:14 AM »
G2s are a very interesting line to collect.  It's filled with interesting accessories and crazy color combinations that you just don't see anywhere else.  I'm *almost* done with the whole thing(minus the variants), but it's not been easy.

Some G2s are really easy to get, and go for pretty cheap to boot!  Anything that was released in the USA is pretty easy to find.  The stuff that was only released in Europe is where the prices go up and the chance of finding them goes down.  The latest ones(2003) are usually some of the hardest to find.  Actually, you can basically work your way backwards through the entire line, and the ponies tend to get cheaper and easier to find as they get older.  Well, in general.  There are some exceptions.  This is because as the line got older, more and more countries started to drop it until it was only available in a few places, so only a handful of the last ponies ever got produced.   And there are some G2s that just always go for more than they should because they're just really pretty and really popular.

The two earliest sets of twin babies are not only cute, but not that hard to find.  Though they are popular so they don't go for pennies, but they're still pretty affordable.  The later sets of twins(slide, tricycle, see-saw, boat) are a lot harder and more expensive.  Study/Play and Nosey/Click are really hard to find as they were only available as a bonus for a magazine that was only available in France for a very short time, so they're some of the most expensive G2s out there. 

The Mother/Baby sets are usually not that hard to find, the babies are cute, and they come with some really neat accessories.   Since they're not particularly rare, you can usually get them complete for a decent price.

If you're not into accessories or MOC ponies, you can sometimes get good deals on lots of G2s since there aren't as many collectors as there are for other generations.   Particularly if you're going for stuff that was released in the USA.  I once managed to snag a *really* nice box of G2s including several complete ponies and two playsets(mostly complete) for $7 + shipping.  It was all USA G2s, but it was a really lucky purchase.  The deals are out there if you keep your eyes open.

I also recommend the G2 collector's inventory:
http://www.amazon.com/The-Little-Pony-Collectors-Inventory/dp/0978606329/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1344771034&sr=8-1&keywords=my+little+pony+G2+guide

I found it to be a really useful guide!  I even contributed a few pictures to that book:p

Offline Tiffoes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2012, 04:53:52 AM »
Ah G2's, the ponies of my childhood. They're so slim and pretty!

Offline Leopard_Print_Unicorn

• New Wave pony on your Lisa Frank notebook
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2012, 08:30:01 AM »
@SeaBreezeBigBro That is amazing, I don't know why I don't remember them from commercials. I had lots of cousins that would have been the right age to have been watching stuff like that then.

@hilamb and goddessofpeep When you say "HTF" or "expensive," how much are we talking? I do like Prince Firefly, all the twin babies, and some of the 2002 and 2003 ponies. But I don't know if I can shell out like $50+ on one.
Formerly known as ponyRN.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2012, 09:10:34 AM »
I really like G2s and don't have all that many, but  I wish I had more. It seems like any G2 that wasn't released in both Europe and the United States is at least uncommon. I always see them for sale on eBay for high-ish prices.  I like them but prefer to spend my money on G1s and G4s instead.

Good luck with collecting them!
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Leopard_Print_Unicorn

• New Wave pony on your Lisa Frank notebook
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2012, 04:36:09 PM »
I really like G2s and don't have all that many, but  I wish I had more. It seems like any G2 that wasn't released in both Europe and the United States is at least uncommon. I always see them for sale on eBay for high-ish prices.  I like them but prefer to spend my money on G1s and G4s instead.

Good luck with collecting them!

I know, and I SWORE I wasn't going to do it. But I have all the G1's I want except for a few exceedingly rare and expensive Nirvanas that I might or might not ever get. I also have all the G3's I want. I'm trying to keep up with G4's as they come out so I won't have to back-track and "collect" them later.

I'm also almost up to date on all the Plushies I collect, except for 2 exceedingly rare Applause dogs that again, I might or might not ever find. So I guess I just have to have something to collect. Now that I'm single again, I can fill my whole office with collection shelves.

So far, I've come up with a list of 70+ G2's that I'd like to have from those web site links. But that really depends on the price of some of the rarer ones.
Formerly known as ponyRN.

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2012, 01:05:36 AM »
Ponyrn; The prices vary alot. I have gotten some HTF ponies for a really good price, but all of them werent mint. Sometimes you might get a really good price, sometimes you have to pay a little more.

Id say, from what ive been looking and buying, that the prices change between 14$-100$. The MOC twins on ebay are over 150$ i think tough. G2's have this weird thing about them, that the prices change.  :silly:

Just keep youre eyes open and you might find a good price, but also be prepared to pay for some ponies.
Like Magic Diamond Glow for example: She usually goes from 30$- up if shes mint /or has some acceccories,it might be more. I got mine for 14$ if i remember right, her tail is thin, but it dosent bother me.

So if you can buy a pony, thats not mint, you might get it cheaper, but if you only collect mint ponies, then you have to be prepared for the prices to be a little more. :)

Thank you valerie :heart:

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+49)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • In Spite of your Fear, Do what You have to Do
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2012, 02:52:40 AM »
oh my  i have never seen those commercials!  the toys are beautiful. i sooo want the g2 babys.. oh no not a new thing to collect :P   i have a few g2. childhood nightstar, birthday lightheart, birthday sundance, clever clover, secret tale (whom i adore) and some mc ponies and 2 keychains.      now i NEED more cause they have definitely grown on me.
Check out my  Esty Shop  and MyEbay Sales!
 (Profits are going to help pay for my Rescue Horse's medical bills) <3
http://myworld.ebay.com/baby_licketysplit
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PoniesAndPets

Water_Fire

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2012, 03:25:16 AM »
I'm going to hijack this thread a little bit, it means I don't have to make a new one, I hope you don't mind...

Anyway, I've just got into G2s now. I never liked them when I saw photos, but my friend gave me her childhood Sky Skimmer and I fell in love. I ordered a G2 lot from eBay and they came today. It included another Sky Skimmer, which I was going to sell on. However, I've just noticed that this Sky Skimmer is in the Clever Clover pose, rather than her original pose! Can anyone tell me which set my new Sky Skimmer would have come with? Thank you!

Totally going to collect more now, by the way. They're so much prettier in real life!

Offline Tiffoes

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2012, 03:29:21 AM »
I'm going to hijack this thread a little bit, it means I don't have to make a new one, I hope you don't mind...

Anyway, I've just got into G2s now. I never liked them when I saw photos, but my friend gave me her childhood Sky Skimmer and I fell in love. I ordered a G2 lot from eBay and they came today. It included another Sky Skimmer, which I was going to sell on. However, I've just noticed that this Sky Skimmer is in the Clever Clover pose, rather than her original pose! Can anyone tell me which set my new Sky Skimmer would have come with? Thank you!

Totally going to collect more now, by the way. They're so much prettier in real life!

Congratulations on getting them! The Sky Skimmer you have is most likely from the wedding carriage! That's a playset with her and baby Fleur, it's the only one where she has a clever clover pose if I'm not mistaken!

Offline StarZetRaven

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Your average G2 collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2012, 03:32:42 AM »

Sky Skimmer in the Clever Clover pose (I envy you - she is so pretty in that pose!) came with a wedding carriage and a baby called Fleur: http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Sky_Skimmer <--- All her versions are on this link.

Contributing to the G2 love: They are so pretty! They also have many ponies that are beautifully coloured :lovey: :lovey:

EDIT: Beaten by Tiffoes! :-P
ladywaterfall.tumblr.com

Offline Tiffoes

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2012, 03:40:20 AM »
EDIT: Beaten by Tiffoes! :-P

Sorry! xD

Oh! Idea, how about we show off our G2 ponies?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal